General & Others What is the most overrated arc?

What is the most overrated arc?

• Total voters
Enies Lobby.

I think the mentality that the vocal minority of the current fandom has would make them trash it SO hard for several reasons. Powerups that come out of nowhere, a very dragging phase from the sea train portion until Luffy vs Blueno, villains like Jabra, Fukurou and Kumadori that are introduced "too late" and nobody cares about, the convenient appearance of the Merry... it's all stuff that CAN be criticized, but it has established itself as one of the Top 3 arcs for most people.

Water 7 was the real masterpiece.
Exactly. And it makes sense considering that Usopp's conflict, getting a new ship and Franky joining were the only things Oda had in mind when he started writing that saga (he even admitted he didn't know who would be the villains even after Lucci and company were introduced), hence why the best parts in said saga happen in Water 7 with Enies Lobby itself feeling way more uninspired.

Enies Lobby.

I think the mentality that the vocal minority of the current fandom has would make them trash it SO hard for several reasons. Powerups that come out of nowhere, a very dragging phase from the sea train portion until Luffy vs Blueno, villains like Jabra, Fukurou and Kumadori that are introduced "too late" and nobody cares about, the convenient appearance of the Merry... it's all stuff that CAN be criticized, but it has established itself as one of the Top 3 arcs for most people.
It seems you don’t know the first rule of WG fanbase, “Only Post-TS can suck”.

My appreciation of an arc seems to generally match public opinion on it. The only real option left is Wano then, but it is incomplete. Still, as of now I can't see how anyone could ever suggest it is anywhere among the best arcs.

WCI easily.

Its one of the worst written Op arcs chalk full of plot conveniences, Luffy vs Katakuri is a overrated boring slog with a poorly executed conclusion yet ppl act like it’s one of the best fights.

Sanji is a b**** throughout the arc. Oda tried emphasising him being the kindest sh (past, he’s not). He didn’t receive any development either and is the same as he was.

It has to be marineford, in ny personal experience i enjoyed impel down way more. And i never cared for ace or whitebeard.
Though it interoduced one my top 3 aka akainu, he was by far the mvp of that arc.

Enies Lobby and it's not even close for me. On the other hand, I love Water 7 and Post Enies Lobby. I like Enies Lobby but boy do I feel it's overrated.

Marineford is the single greatest arc for me in manga so that's definitely not my answer, lol. I'm surprised it's winning tbh.

I am honestly not that big of a fan of Enies Lobby and Marineford. The powerscaling just didn't make sense to me.

In regards to Enies Lobby, I thought the emotional moments of Water 7 was better. The island was absolutely gorgeous to me. I also liked Post Enies Lobby better as well.

Marineford,

It's more of a playground than a war for me, most of the characters are just playing around. And also the toughest plot armor for Luffy in the entire Manga. Like how can he survive Sengoku's punch for example.