Current Events What is your take on Oda having Luffy Sky splitting with Kaido?

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
A lot of people love claiming they have opinions on the writing of One piece and on what Oda might be thinking when he does things.

Considering the other times Sky splitting has appeared in the manga, what are those peoples opinions on what Oda is trying to parallel with Luffy here.
It makes sense.
Its not an asspull.
The timing is ok.
Arc still trash.

It's a cliche, splitting the sky at the moment the protagonist's allies were about to get defeated, giving the power boost they need at the right time to secure victory.

Only teens can enjoy such things. One Piece is a shounen but its been two decades. The fans have grown from beings teens to adults but the manga is still written like the fans didn't grow and are still teenagers.

:kayneshrug:

Ok i think fans(obviously referring to zoro sanji fans) in this forum have to start appreciating more this manga. Luffy overcame so many advercities to reach this point. He achieved a feat that we first saw 15 years ago. This is his moment which makes him officialy a top tier. Idk how could anyone hate this.
Its like with the chapter 1026 voting. Everyone was focused on jack getting off screened and completely ignored this great moment. This is luffy's story, the sooner you figure this out, the better.

My future sight tells me that you will enlighten me. Go ahead. :cheers:
I have not given my opinion on this at any point in this thread… I specifically picked your opinion to reply to because you’re the only person who hasn’t actually addressed it… All you are saying is “Oda is making a mistake”… As if the point of this thread was to ask whether it was right to do this.

All I’m asking is, What is Oda trying to covey about Luffy here? Is it nothing? Is this a meaningless feat? When you read this chapter, did nothing come across to you besides “it’s a mistake”?
Post automatically merged:

Wait for his Zoro vs Mihawk clash and it will most likely occur I guess.
@Finalbeta
Or not. Whatever. This doesn’t mean much to Zoro’s story

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
I have not given my opinion on this at any point in this thread… I specifically picked your opinion to reply to because you’re the only person who hasn’t actually addressed it… All you are saying is “Oda is making a mistake”… As if the point of this thread was to ask whether it was right to do this.

All I’m asking is, What is Oda trying to covey about Luffy here? Is it nothing? Is this a meaningless feat? When you read this chapter, did nothing come across to you besides “it’s a mistake”?
The point of your thread was to ask my take, among others, and I wrote my take.
I know precisely what you are after and that's exactly why it is a mistake to do this here.
Oda couldnt have picked a worse moment for this feat.

it become a Fodder feat
Never expected to oda make skysplit this early luffy not even 1v1 Kaido

Its literally saying no need to equal, no need AP to split the sky, its just fodder coc clash that Not even strong enough to KO kinemon, 1HP Zoro, Law etc

Pathetic,
Btw Spliting sky doesnt make you yonko level or rooftop zoro level

When luffy made kaido huffing puffing and trembling we can say he come close to zoro level

Spliting sky is Empty Bullshit
CoC pretty much is a useless thing... I mean no wonder it was introduced by the first editor I believe(or maybe it was DF system) anyway...Oda doesn't think much about it, he just uses it to draw "Cool" stuff which impresses fodders.

After AdvCoC is a thing I kinda feel this one will be coming sooner rather than later. I was surprise Oda introduced AdvCoC this arc though, used to think that only CoA would be primarily thing which get explored more.

Seems like OP is indeed really at it ends now since Oda maxing all three type of Luffy 's haki. Awakening the only thing left, prolly will be unlocked during his fight vs Gura BB. Or even now too.. I wouldn't be surprise.lol

Oda wants to wrap up One Piece within this decade and in order to do so he eventually has to cement Luffy as a top tier fighter who's capable of keeping up with the big guys; hence the 5th Emperor title and now the sky split against Kaido
:sanmoji:

Personally tho I would have preferred it if this had happened at a later point in the battle, with more build up. When Kaido kicked Luffy off of the rooftop he looks down at his falling body dismissfully, which implies that there is still a pretty big gap in power between them. But then Luffy eats some meat, gets back to the rooftop to fight Kaido again (until here I'm onboard) and ALSO manages to split the sky??? Tf was in that meat the Heart Pirates gave him:doffytroll: