Character Discussion What "Kingly ambitions" does Sanji has?

I thought you were better than this
My goodness

You sound silly sorry
Honestly Sanji getting CoC sounds silly to me and I am trying to be as unbiased as possible here. He has a track record of underestimating dreams/ambitions. Can he get FS? Sure but he is not CoC material.

Before you come back with all the qualities Sanji has to get CoC, tell me why someone like Law doesn't have CoC.

Sanji's getting COC whether he has kingly ambitions or not.
He is not getting CoC. Lets have a bet

Last edited:
Yes but none of them have to do with CoC, which is what the OP was asking about. And while Sanji has indeed gotten focus on CoO and CoA before, Oda hasn't given any focus or even hinting of Sanji's CoC in the Wano Arc. The fact that he's fighting Queen, who most likely doesn't have CoC is also a missed chance for Sanji to unlock it this arc in the heat of battle.
I mean up until 1010 Zoro had no focus on his CoC either. And king doesn’t have CoC either so neither of these are misses

Zoro is the most pathetic conqueror
Begging his enemy to train him yet has CoC
Like who begs his enemy to train him to get stronger? Lol
The dude who cries when he loses.

These zoro fans are something to bash Sanji but at least he doesn't go begging an enemy who defeated him to train him nor cry after a loss like a baby.

Zoro gets CoC, Sanji will get it
Oda will keep this Wings thing going. Sanji will get FS while Zoro has Adcoc
Post automatically merged:

I thought you were better than this
My goodness

You sound silly sorry

Lol these guys really think Sanji doesn't fit the checkpoints:
A prince
Wants to be strong on his own efforts
Leads and attract others
Was a Vice chef of baratie
Always fighting to protect those he loves

If Ray has it just coz he sat on a boat and became Roger friend...then why not Sanji?
Ray literally has no dream we know of, nor was he leading anyone before joining Roger

Saving Nami and Robin is an honorable quest just like finding the All Blue, but none can truly be considered Kingly expecially because rescuing those two is not a Knight- Princess job usually:josad:

Whether Sanji unlocks CoC is up to Oda that much is obvious. It's fascinating that the manga has established arguments for Sanji to have CoC and Sanji not to have it.

My personal opinion is that Oda is definitely focusing more on Sanji's family, his genes, and the science behind all of that. Not to mention an extended backstory. By doing this, Oda is showing us how Sanji is strong with
without training. It also explains why injuries never really affect Sanji for that long. Is CoC actually necessary for Sanji? Is any haki upgrade necessary for Sanji? Don't other SHs need to unlock haki?

I mean up until 1010 Zoro had no focus on his CoC either. And king doesn’t have CoC either so neither of these are misses
1. Zoro had CoC focus in the anime where he first used it to knock out beast pirates in the dining hall, oda most likely just didn't have the time or space to put it in the manga.

2. It hasn't been confirmed that King doesn't have CoC, but it would be very plausible to think why he does. first, katakuri already has it, why wouldn't King? Second, his name is literally King, and the all stars are ranked in strength as they are a meritocracy, if anyone from the all stars has CoC, it would be king. Third, what is the point of Zoro using CoC in his fight with King if King himself doesn't have CoC? Kaido even implied that Zoro has actually gone a step further and can already imbue CoC into his swords already, as Zoro was able to permanently scar Kaido. if King doesn't have CoC himself then how else can King vs Zoro be a extreme diff fight??

3. The very existence of Enma as zoro's training tool is pointing towards him training his CoC in his fight with King. Right now Zoro has already exhausted his CoA haki, he was already tired before from his fight with Kaido and blocking Hakai. And because of his lack of armament haki, enma is going out of control and sucking up his energy again. CoC Haki is the only haki Zoro still has left in reserve to tame Enma.

4. If Zoro has run out of CoA and needs Adv CoC to beat King, then King also needs CoC at the very least to to match with Zoro to give Zoro a extreme diff win. If King doesn't have Adv CoC how else can King push Zoro to extreme diff? King has already shown most of his trump cards already-hybrid, Lunarian flames, tough body etc, CoC would be one of the last remaining trump cards that King still hasn't revealed yet to compete with zoro

As far as i know Sanji has so far been very ambiguous what his end goal is .

Its true All blue is the one he is seeking we dont know what he wants to do with it . Its very well possible he will do everything to fight against world govt if he finds out the truth about it .

However i dont want more CoC in the crew if Yamato joins . Strawhat crew will be overpowered as hell which oda will not do it eithercase . They have always been portrayed as underdog .

However if Sanji were to fight marines in future arc i think CoC could be possible . I can see him unleashing it in final arc or something.

1. Zoro had CoC focus in the anime where he first used it to knock out beast pirates in the dining hall, oda most likely just didn't have the time or space to put it in the manga.

2. It hasn't been confirmed that King doesn't have CoC, but it would be very plausible to think why he does. first, katakuri already has it, why wouldn't King? Second, his name is literally King, and the all stars are ranked in strength as they are a meritocracy, if anyone from the all stars has CoC, it would be king. Third, what is the point of Zoro using CoC in his fight with King if King himself doesn't have CoC? Kaido even implied that Zoro has actually gone a step further and can already imbue CoC into his swords already, as Zoro was able to permanently scar Kaido. if King doesn't have CoC himself then how else can King vs Zoro be a extreme diff fight??

3. The very existence of Enma as zoro's training tool is pointing towards him training his CoC in his fight with King. Right now Zoro has already exhausted his CoA haki, he was already tired before from his fight with Kaido and blocking Hakai. And because of his lack of armament haki, enma is going out of control and sucking up his energy again. CoC Haki is the only haki Zoro still has left in reserve to tame Enma.

4. If Zoro has run out of CoA and needs Adv CoC to beat King, then King also needs CoC at the very least to to match with Zoro to give Zoro a extreme diff win. If King doesn't have Adv CoC how else can King push Zoro to extreme diff? King has already shown most of his trump cards already-hybrid, Lunarian flames, tough body etc, CoC would be one of the last remaining trump cards that King still hasn't revealed yet to compete with zoro
1. That was filled and Oda didn’t plan it

2. Katakuri is different than King. King also doesn’t have an awakened devil fruit or advanced Haki. Queens name is Queen? What’s the different? And because Zoro was getting beaten senseless by King now with this Zoro can fight back.

3. That’s not what is happening at all. Zoro got a nap and a full restore. Enma was challenging him to prove his worth. There’s nothing pointing to Zoro lacking Armament Haki.

4. Because Zoro is going to beat King? None of Zoros fights go extreme diff. They go Zoro losing then Zoro getting a power up and winning.

1. That was filled and Oda didn’t plan it

2. Katakuri is different than King. King also doesn’t have an awakened devil fruit or advanced Haki. Queens name is Queen? What’s the different? And because Zoro was getting beaten senseless by King now with this Zoro can fight back.

3. That’s not what is happening at all. Zoro got a nap and a full restore. Enma was challenging him to prove his worth. There’s nothing pointing to Zoro lacking Armament Haki.

4. Because Zoro is going to beat King? None of Zoros fights go extreme diff. They go Zoro losing then Zoro getting a power up and winning.
irrc sanji has a similar moment like the filler sabaody "Coc" showcase.

the g8 filler a r c

watch a bit further for context

Last edited: