Questions & Mysteries What makes Shanks > Mihawk?

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
In swordsmanship*

That's the only fact, there you go. Case closed. End the thread. Nothing implies overall combat prowess. If Zoro could outclass Law with pure swordsmanship, but then Law simply uses one of his broken devil fruit abilities to catch zoro off guard, I wouldn't think Law was the better swordsman then. There are combat feats that involve way more than swordsmanship there.
Fact is, Zoro > Law in overall power as well.

Also, unless Shanks has another Gura Gura shoved up his arse, he's never going to be equal to Mihawk, let alone stronger then him.

My problem within the Mihawk and the WSS debate is that via Zoro we can pretty much already predict most if not all of Mihawk's abilities.
At max he's going to have FS and full mastery over his haki flow, besides his black blade.
Especially that haki flow mastery is what makes him go from fighting with Vista, to a felt wise 10.000 pound cannon it he feels like it.
But the way I see it, there's nothing inbetween there which by default is going to overcome stuff like Aokiji's and Akainu's potential awakenings or the gura gura no mi.

Even for much less powerful, but very tricky abilities like Doffy's parasite or his ever white binding and Katakuri's flowing mochi we still don't know a legitimate counter against other than like.. flight lol.
Zoro for example can now legitimately cleave Kaido into two for all I know, but might not be able to free himself from parasite. As weird as it might sound.

If not for CoC's will suppression quirk, what's left that can take care of that?

And that's why I have that feeling, that even though Mihawk and Zoro will be close quarter gods-there's no denying it- it simply requires more than "just" that, to stand at the absolute top.
That's imo also the reason why being the WSS does not automatically equate into being the world's strongest man.

I think their max potential will be somewhere around non CoC Roger and non Gura Primebeard (basically the flashback clash w/o advCoA lvl2).
With weaker stats (WB), but black blades.
And that's again how I can see Shanks potentially being stronger OVERALL aswell, even if he's pound for pound a little weaker, basically being a one armed Mihawk w/o a black blade.

Fact is, Zoro > Law in overall power as well.

Also, unless Shanks has another Gura Gura shoved up his arse, he's never going to be equal to Mihawk, let alone stronger then him.
Literally my point. I agree.

But we dont know enough about Shanks and how he fights. Rayleigh does not only use a sword and he fights just like Shanks. Hence my point to just wait and see what happens

No one says wb is wsm cause he was rogers equal
Read Chapter 233 please: https://ww8.readonepiece.com/chapter/one-piece-digital-colored-comics-chapter-233/

Buggy literally says it point blank. Unless, we are going to go the whole "can't take the words of a character seriously" like people are saying for Kaido right now.
Post automatically merged:

And Mihawk is also above Rayleigh so I don't see the point lmao.
Fanmade bs. Next.

Do people still not know the difference between Shanks/Roger and mihawk/Zoro? :milaugh:

mihawk can't do anything if he can't cut;

He gives up against Jozu.

He only deflects Buggy's attack, he couldn't beat Buggy otherwise.

Roger/Shanks;

Superior Haki against Admirals, Shanks doesn't cut anything, just overpowers with Haki.

Roger doesn't cut anything, overpowers with Haki.

So are feats the only thing that matters in a manga?

Then Benn Beckman is very well weaker than Current Usopp.

I mean people are casually throwing around Mihawk's title as the fucking pure law of the land, yet characters like Whitebeard, Shanks, Kaido, BM have been shown to literally split the sky from pure haki clashes alone.

That's like using the bible to say "god exists" when in fact there is actual scientific evidence that contradicts the bible in general (no attack on religious people), but its the classic "faith vs. evidence" issue humans seem to have. "My belief is stronger than your evidence".

People use Mihawk's title to imply his more than just the strongest swordsman (god), but apparently also the strongest pirate, yet has never shown feats like any of the Yonko in terms of conqueror's haki (evidence)

so old ray above mihawk :suresure:
Not what I said, at all. I said, and have been saying multiple times in this thread, that you don't have the facts to back it up outside of a "title". Its also not comparable because Rayleigh doesn't just fight with a sword.

I mean people are casually throwing around Mihawk's title as the fucking pure law of the land, yet characters like Whitebeard, Shanks, Kaido, BM have been shown to literally split the sky from pure haki clashes alone.

That's like using the bible to say "god exists" when in fact there is actual scientific evidence that contradicts the bible in general (no attack on religious people), but its the classic "faith vs. evidence" issue humans seem to have. "My belief is stronger than your evidence".

People use Mihawk's title to imply his more than just the strongest swordsman (god), but apparently also the strongest pirate, yet has never shown feats like any of the Yonko in terms of conqueror's haki (evidence)

Not what I said, at all. I said, and have been saying multiple times in this thread, that you don't have the facts to back it up outside of a "title". Its also not comparable because Rayleigh doesn't just fight with a sword.
Boy let me tell u something zoro ain t no pure swordsman he just like ray who kicked once

Or ur a troll or just that stupid and can t read how the fk shanks and ray arent swordsmen
I swear op fandom the most retarded one :milaugh: