What series are you watching ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I usually don't watch a lot of series. 3 or 4 a year. I might give it a chance. I usually watch the first episode and if it pleases me I keep watching.
Agreed on the second bit, I always wanna give a show the first episode to draw me in. More and more, I realize that not many other people are like this, but I kinda prefer shows to movies at this point...got around 40 different series on a list that I’m keeping up with at any given time, but I’ve maybe watched three or four movies in the last year 🥴

Agreed on the second bit, I always wanna give a show the first episode to draw me in. More and more, I realize that not many other people are like this, but I kinda prefer shows to movies at this point...got around 40 different series on a list that I’m keeping up with at any given time, but I’ve maybe watched three or four movies in the last year 🥴
Its the opposite for me. I prefer watching movies because it sticks in my mind in a different way. There was only 2 series that got me hooked and really made me feel something after watching it. That was the first season of True detective and The leftovers serie.
Otherwise I prefer watching movies, they have less time so there is usually more application and more emotions.

I'm about to start the first season of Lock & Key, which was confirmed to have a second one planned. I just finished the newest season of Kingdom, a great Korean zombie show with interesting backstabbing plots and so forth. Gradually working my way through some of the other new shows on Netflix. Really should try to start limiting myself to one show at a time rather than starting and flitting between several of them.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Hey guys I just finished Breaking Bad and saw the movie of it. It seemed like the redemption story of Jesse. Is it worth watching..?? A non spoiler review will be much appreciated.:cheers:
The only spoiler free review I can give is that if you want one last hit of dopamine like you got from watching the series, nothing is gonna satisfy that craving like El Camino. I hadn’t binged through the show in a while when I saw it, and that didn’t detract from the experience one bit.

Shinmen, I’m starting to wonder how many things you DO like...was it the copious amounts of fan service that turned you off? Because there is a lot of that in there, @Dark Admiral, but if you don’t mind that, it still does a nice job of giving you some closure with Jesse after the show ended.
You want me to make a thread of the things i like
Well start with the series in your signature

Shinmen, I’m starting to wonder how many things you DO like...was it the copious amounts of fan service that turned you off? Because there is a lot of that in there, @Dark Admiral, but if you don’t mind that, it still does a nice job of giving you some closure with Jesse after the show ended.
Yeah, the ending from series didn’t justify Jesse’s character. His dream sequence of making the wooden box..:josad:

The movie seemed like "alright we miss Breaking Bad, we want to do something in connection with it besides Better Call Saul, so let´s make up a story and pretend it´s Jesse´s conclusion".
It felt artificially attached to something that, besides maybe the first season, was planed thoroughly for its run.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You want me to make a thread of the things i like
Well start with the series in your signature
That’s the only thing you need to like for you to be all right in my book :cheers:

The movie seemed like "alright we miss Breaking Bad, we want to do something in connection with it besides Better Call Saul, so let´s make up a story and pretend it´s Jesse´s conclusion".
It felt artificially attached to something that, besides maybe the first season, was planed thoroughly for its run.
I do agree with this; if it were solely about tying up loose ends after the finale, it would have come out five or six years ago (before BCS even premiered). @Dark Admiral, I’d still recommend watching it (and Saul!) if you’re jonesing, but Shinmen’s on the right track here...much easier to enjoy as a stand-alone piece.