General & Others What was the first moment that made you love One Piece ?

C

Celestia

when I started OP it seemed like a light hearted story about pirates
I still wasn't much into the story at the first episodes till I guess this moment

idk something about the way Oda wrote the scene probably and the little flashback and the dog protecting the place , I liked it and it got me invested emotionally in One Piece lol :josad:

what about you guys ?

Im not sure since I've known one piece for long, long now. And when I was a kid I loved it.

But when I really got into the series and starting loving it, was in Baratie Arc. I don't know why but kid me liked Krieg 😂😂 his design was cool as fuck and his bounty pic was badass. Main reason tho was definitely Mihawk who jumped from my fav character besides Shanks, and Sanji's backstory. Krieg was just, for some reason, the villain kid me liked more when I was a kid from east blue. Currently I can 100% guarantee it's definitely the worse and the most boring of them all, but no problem.

But a great start was Orange Arc, I loved the dog story and the civilians etc plus loved Buggy and his crew too.

And the Zoro & Luffy interactions there are so good.

C

Celestia

First time :wonderland:

Probably when the Captain and the Cabin boy started the adventure.

The music is soo good. Also plays when the VC leaves the Baratie. Also one of my first most favourite scenes.

I really love the scene when he leave the restaurant, it made me shed some tears :perocry:

Both but Zoro's moment was amazing too.
oh yea I forgot about Mihawk and Zoro happen in this arc :catrude:

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I really love the scene when he leave the restaurant, it made me shed some tears :perocry:

oh yea I forgot about Mihawk and Zoro happen in this arc :catrude:
I love that moment because when Zoro agreed to join Luffy's journey he was like: Pirate King huh? So he was not sure if he wants to believe in Luffy's dream cause it seems to be a very hard and almost unbelievable road but after he got his first reality check about his own dream by the hands of Mihawk he changed his view on Luffy and called him the Pirate King. F'ing epic.

C

Celestia

Zoros short brief backstory. made me a tear up as a kid. I knew zoro was going to high places, I knew I had to follow his beautiful journey to become the best of the best

I really love Zoro's fb it is one of his highlight moments :)

on a side note wish Oda make more focus on him or write a plot/arc that revolves around him it is sad he lack it the most compared to SH

Funnily enough, I was browsing through YouTube some day several years ago when I came across a video called “Top 10 bad ass old men in anime” by some random YouTuber that I cannot remember.

The list showed some clips of a few fairly cool looking old blokes. None of them stood out at the time. None of them, except for this absolute magnificent unit.

As soon as this walking mountain appeared on screen, my interest was piqued. Looking up clips for this “Whitebeard”, I came across this glorious scene.
Even after so many years, this scene still plasters a grin across my face. :steef:

Seeing that scene sealed the deal and I decided “Yeah, I should try out this One Piece thing” and here I am now.