General & Others What was the first moment that made you love One Piece ?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I loved one piece long before this point but Chapter 233 is entirely self explanatory. That right there is when the world in OP became much bigger than we thought.
Is this when Kuma and Doffy were introduced?? I remember being blown away by their first appearance, and the corresponding meeting with Mihawk/Sengoku that Laffitte crashed...like you said, that was the first bit of world building we got that didn’t directly concern (or wasn’t directly caused by the involvement of) the Straw Hats.

Is this when Kuma and Doffy were introduced?? I remember being blown away by their first appearance, and the corresponding meeting with Mihawk/Sengoku that Laffitte crashed...like you said, that was the first bit of world building we got that didn’t directly concern (or wasn’t directly caused by the involvement of) the Straw Hats.
That, plus a random Gorosei doublespread/tease of Mariejois. Honestly was a sublime moment for everything.

It had a lot of very good moments, Shanks giving the hat, Luffy meeting with Zoro next the arc with Buggy was average with some good moments, same with Usopp's arc, it was quite interesting with Kuro (I would like to see what happened to him after that arc) and finally we had Baratie arc, the flashback story about Sanji was good and you could already see there that it was different from other manga, the comparison and build up with Krieg and Gin situation, how Krieg betrayed Gin expectatuons, all very good quality.

Then it happened: Mihawk. Those moments, that fight and that ending were so glorious that it sealed the deal. And at that time there were even fools pretending Naruto was better than One piece, fools, enojoy your Boruto now.

You will be surprised... but I got attached to the series LATE... and NOT very fast...
Most people get attached as I see from "Baratie or Arlong Park"

But for me, IT TOOK ME A WHILE...

This was the moment that made me 100 times more invested in the series....

That's when I felt.... FINALLY... there are people who can wipe the smile off from Luffy's face... and the series... CAN GO EXTREME when NEEDED... (which it did during Sabaody and Marineford) when Oda needed to show a SLAUGHTER!

The point... I am not against Main Character.. many people know me here rooting for Luffy a lot of times... It's just I enjoy some sprinkles of flavor here and there when someone MAKES LUFFY face harsh reality of being INFERIOR...

I hate series where they CONSTANTLY make the main character inferior... so that's not what I like
However, I don't like series where they always make the MAIN CHARACTER unstoppable... or nothing seems to faze him...

So, I got hooked the moment I saw Crocodile fuck Luffy up honestly... it's why he's in my TOP 5 characters... he's the reason I continued to watch this far....

I think when Zoro ate the rice ball that has been stepped on by Helmeppo. I think this makes me appreciate Zoro more.

It was also when Luffy ate Sanji's dirty food in WCI and appreciated Sanji.

I think this is a gorgeous example of Luffy learning from his friends. The other being begging Boa after learning humility from Vivi.

Before this moment, I viewed One Piece as a fun story about a group of wacky mismatched pirates fighting tough opponents with little aim. This showed me that they weren’t a rag tag team of miscreants; they were nakama who shared an unbreakable bond. How could you NOT fall in love??
This will never not give me chills:steef:

From Nami pleading with the villagers not to go, to her stabbing herself with the knife, and finally breaking down and asking Luffy to help and Luffy with no hesitation whatsoever agreeing. This scene imo is flawless.