What was the last movie you watched?

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
‎‎
Police story (1985)- 5/5
This is one of the best action comedy's I've ever seen. The stunts and choreography are better than the majority of the crap we get today, the humor is on point and there is a nice charm to it. Jackie and the rest of the cast do a great job! Really looking forward to part 2 and 3.

Lust, caution

Almost good/great movie that got ruined by the ending unfortunately, 6/10.
Post automatically merged:

Rewatch of Lady Vengeance, still my favorite Park Chan-Wook movie, 10/10

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Rewatched Fight Club on TV the other day. Didn't even know it was gonna be on, randomly found it while surfing the channels lol. Still as great as ever. Might even be better on a rewatch tbh. Both Pitt and Norton nail it. Absolutely. Imo, one of their best performances ever, if not the best tbh.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Ok makes sense.
To some degree the movie gets its quality due to the connection to real life but the execution was flawless imo...
I watched it twice, forgot that I watched it once. I never understood why it has such a high rating.
Connection to real-life events and accurate representation of it isn't justifying it.
It never felt finished to me, "that's it?" was my thought when I saw the end credits roll...

I watched it twice, forgot that I watched it once. I never understood why it has such a high rating.
Connection to real-life events and accurate representation of it isn't justifying it.
It never felt finished to me, "that's it?" was my thought when I saw the end credits roll...
As a straightforward detective story or whatever, it is inherently lacking and unsatisfying for obvious reasons (murderer never caught) compared to Hollywood thrillers with a similar topic topic (something like Seven for example) but i guess that´s part of the point since people were even more so unsatisfied since the murderer was not caught in real life but that does not make it noteworthy in itself.
Beyond the detective story, the second layer is the real life connection (hence the detective at the end looking at the camera because at that point the murderer was never caught, and it was partly supposed to imply that the murderer is watching the movie and the detective was looking at him).
But as usual with the movies of, in my opinion the three great Korean directors, Bong Joon-ho, Park Chan-wook and Lee Chang-dong, what makes the movie great is that everything shown, the murders in itself, the characters, how the investigation was conducted, how desensitized the people were about the murders and so forth, were allegories alluding to Korean society post 1979 under dictatorship and especially after the Gwangju massacre. But understandably so, and that makes the entryway/hurdle to understand the movie very high, you might not make that connection without at least basic knowledge of recent Korean history.
Or, unlike me, some people are not impressed by that and prefer the actual story (I guess first layer) to be more exceptional in itself, which is not wrong, I just don´t share that viewpoint.

Seatonnes

is probably playing Overwatch 2
Black Adam (2022)

There is some unnecessary plot but whatever.
The visuals is just top tier.
Rating of the movie for me is 8.5/10

Go watch the movie as soon as they're released in theatre :pepebusi:
@Jaguark101 @Enma @AdmiralKoniroryu etc
Seeing this tomorrow, getting me actually hyped also did you know The Hierachy of power in the dc universe is about to change