What was the last movie you watched?

G

Gorosei Informer

I keep forgetting to mention, I saw Slumberland recently.

I honestly loved it, Jason Momoa and some other actors were great in it, it was a very beautiful, endearing story about grief amd grieving, adventure, escapism, letting go, imagination, growing up, trusting others etc.

It was so visually spectacular, the environments looked fantastic especially the ballroom theatre with the gorgeous "tree leaves people" or whatever and the salsa dancing and the stunning glass city area, which gave me heavy Mirror's Edge vibes. too.

You can tell Momoa was having a lot of fun and it was personal to him as a father of daughters too. Also kinda felt le sn Aquaman nod too somehow since he played him ofc and the ocean and are a lighthouse are key elements here, similarly to DCEU Aquaman at least, living at a lighthouse? IIRC?

The cast was great, the movie was very heartfelt, fun amd reminded me of beloved, grand adventure films I grew up on as a child too.

It's so well written and acted, really puts fatherhood and adoptive fatherhood (the girls uncle) into a very positive light too.

I give it an 8/10 at least. I wanted to rate it even higher maybe tbh. Far better than I expected. Brilliant movie.

This song kinda fits the tone of the movie too, especially near the end without giving too much away too:

But it also shows the consequences.
:kata:
I was just joking.

I was half thinking it before but Wolf of Wall Street showed me back then that most mainstream critics really don´t know what they are talking about anymore, and many of them bashed the movie for glorifying excess.
Anybody who watches that movie and thinks that does not know what they are talking about pretty much.
Imagine thinking that having Margot Robbie at home but needing to get a hooker to peg you up the ass while burning you with wax is "glorifying".