What was the last movie you watched?

No Country For Old Men
9/10. Very enticing. I can definitely understand all the praise I heard for it prior to watching. I didn't really have many issued with it though one of the developments in the story was pretty abrupt but in a way that seemed intentional. Still great but caught me by surprise.

The Godfather
10/10. Very engaging, memorable and I'd watch it again.

Lately, I've been trying to watch more films and such so this thread's pretty useful for suggestions.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
The Pale Blue Eyes.

I'd give it something like a 7.5 I think.

Bale is one of my favourite actors so I am always down to watch a movie of his. I was even more intrigued by the fact Edgar Allan Poe was featured in the movie. Bale was great but Melling steals the show imo.

The twists were nice and can catch you off guard. The mystery was good too. Overall pretty good. The pacing could have been better I think and consequently the duration wouldn't be as long.

American Pyscho.
10/10. Really great satire and commentary on the kind of culture Patrick Bateman was in. Was really fun and exciting so it being memed a lot isn't surprising. Patrick Bateman was so terrible and pretentious but man was he interesting to watch, Christian Bale's performance was stellar.

So many memorable scenes of Bateman attempting to fit in or of him revealing his true self. Really amazing and the end was even more intriguing. It didn't feel unsatisfying but also left room for interpretation and left me questioning a lot and trying to rationalise everything that went down.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Banshees of Inisherin immediately became one of my all-time favorites after the first viewing a few weeks ago, and I’ve already watched it twice more since then…absolutely fascinating, mesmerizing, infuriating, and masterfully crafted, I hope Colin Farrell/Brendan Gleeson/Martin McDonagh make another dozen movies together (having watched In Bruges years ago is the main reason I wanted to check this out to begin with). 10/10, and that’s only because rating it off the scale would distract from the sheer fact of its magnificence :akaman:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Banshees of Inisherin immediately became one of my all-time favorites after the first viewing a few weeks ago, and I’ve already watched it twice more since then…absolutely fascinating, mesmerizing, infuriating, and masterfully crafted, I hope Colin Farrell/Brendan Gleeson/Martin McDonagh make another dozen movies together (having watched In Bruges years ago is the main reason I wanted to check this out to begin with). 10/10, and that’s only because rating it off the scale would distract from the sheer fact of its magnificence :akaman:

I know I've been giving nothing but great ratings but honestly lately I've been watching movies I kinda knew I'd enjoy prior.

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse. 10/10.

Really great film and so satisfying getting to see Spider-Man's different versions. My favourites were;
-Peter Parker, was nice getting to see Spidey in rare form and so dependable only for things to go the way they did. Definitely made for a great and touching story.
-Peter B. Parker. Peter at his lowest and in a bad place only for him to take on mentoring Miles and improving along with him was really fulfilling.
-Of course Miles Morales, the guy was just amazing, looking up to Spider-Man so much and having so much responsibility pushed on to him but him eventually living up to it was stellar.
Overall, the whole film was great and Kingpin and Doc Oc made for fitting villains as well. Prowler was great for what he was. I also liked Spider-Gwen and Aunt May quite a bit.

Can't wait for Across the Spider-Verse.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish.

I really liked it, the plot was much better and more mature that I had imagined and the antagonists of the movie are all great and very enjoyable in their own ways, with the sympathetic anti-villains that are Goldilock and the Three Bears, the hilarious and totally assumed monster that is Big Jack Horner, and the unstoppable epic force of nature that is the Wolf (I won't spoil his identity).