Controversial What's the biggest disappointment you've ever suffered in One Piece?

Fake deaths, notably Pell for some reason.
Smoker getting buttdiffed every time he tries to do anything useful.
Chopper and Nami fighting styles becoming so fucking retarded. Chopper got a lot of points and all he uses now is that buff form and monster point. Nami went from doing a lot of weird shit like fata morgana to throwing the same fucking thunderbolt every single chapter.
Carrot's character arc ending so suddenly.

Admirals being nerfed every time they appear after time skip. Fuijitora being a good guy, Greenbull not wanting to destroy Mary Geoise, Aokiji not wanting to hurt his mentor, Kizaru conflicted and unable to destroy the power plant.

Is getting tired, we are going to find next that Akainu is Dragon's brother so he will be emotionally conflicted:seriously:

Admirals being nerfed every time they appear after time skip
Posts like these.
For one character its a "nerf" when others are "inept" or "stupid" or "weak". All depending on who you favor with no consistency at all.
Emotional attachment is also a form of weakness that can be exploited. It makes Kizaru more human.
Sorry you expected a braindead killing machine.

I am looking forwards to the meltdown when Akainu gets into a moral dilemma.

Posts like these.
For one character its a "nerf" when others are "inept" or "stupid" or "weak". All depending on who you favor with no consistency at all.
Emotional attachment is also a form of weakness that can be exploited. It makes Kizaru more human.
Sorry you expected a braindead killing machine.

I am looking forwards to the meltdown when Akainu gets into a moral dilemma.
For a character perspective, Kizaru being emotional conflicted is good, like you said, it gives him more humanity and deep. But knowing Oda, the execution will fail... it will be remember as someone who betrayed and killed his friend against his will, following orders like the killing machine you mentioned, and will live the rest of his life with regrets. There's not honor there.

So by the end, we got an Admiral that didn't shine against Luffy, didn't show awakening, didn't show COC, and what botters me the most... didn't do anything spectacular in power levels like an Admiral is suppose to do!!! why? Because he was conflicted BUT still killed his friends like a killing machine, and will be lay down for the rest of the arc. If I were you I wouldn't expect Kizaru to do something relevant in this arc anymore.

Again, nerfed by plot!
If Kizaru stand up and fight the gorosei and help the SH escape I will eat my words, but that's too good for Oda.

Assuming he even could.
Assuming he even has.
in power levels like an Admiral is suppose to do
You are disappointed because you though Admirals were stronger than they actually are. This is not Odas fault at all.
Again, nerfed by plot!
As was the case for most of the villains in every arc.
Croco was cocky as fuck and got decked for it.
Enel thought he was untouchable and let Luffy hit him clean.
Doffy did not dodge the last blow, but tried to stop it instead.
Same for Kaido who could have easily evaded the attack. The list goes on.

In OP Luffy wins.
Admirals facing Luffy may get a temporary win and then will ultimately lose. It is what it is.

Assuming he even could.

Assuming he even has.
And assuming one Is not agenda driven, one of the two Is very probable. For Kizaru as for others btw.

But I would be satisfied with more than 3 named moves anyway.

You are disappointed because you though Admirals were stronger than they actually are. This is not Odas fault at all.
And that Is just a bad attempt to sneak agenda into this while his message was precisely about plot driven situations and nerfs.

So, again, let's go beyond It.

As was the case for most of the villains in every arc.
Croco was cocky as fuck and got decked for it.
Enel thought he was untouchable and let Luffy hit him clean.
Doffy did not dodge the last blow, but tried to stop it instead.
Same for Kaido who could have easily evaded the attack. The list goes on.

In OP Luffy wins.
Admirals facing Luffy may get a temporary win and then will ultimately lose. It is what it is.
And none of these has much to do with the situation, but ok.

And mind you that there are examples, like Aokiji vs Garp in a way.

Last edited: