Controversial What's the biggest disappointment you've ever suffered in One Piece?

Mine would have to be not being able to witness the Aokiji/Akainu fight. I've long accepted that Oda just isn't that good when it comes to writing fights compared to other authors but in almost every other instance between prominent people fighting in the verse Oda gave us something like a clash or a nicely drawn panel. You'd think a fight that has so much significance would atleast be shown to some extent. What's the thing that disappointed you the most?

Yoho

✌𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓽𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮✌
I literally saw a comment section where people cheered for a guy who was drawing CP. Twitter's literally a hellhole, dude.
Lol I went on Twitter just to get some fresh perspectives most of them are complete degenerates who are either in a cult or jumping on whatever low iq band wagon there is just for engagement

Lol I went on Twitter just to get some fresh perspectives most of them are complete degenerates who are either in a cult or jumping on whatever low iq band wagon there is just for engagement
Which is why I only use twitter for memes and to look for some good animes/mangas/movies
The biggest disappointment I suffered was Rebecca not getting the Mera Mera take your bump ass back to the grave Sabo that's Rebecca's Fruit
no

Vivi not joining the crew. Just felt her role in alabasta was really missing alot and I thought "that's it" when her and strawhats did the silent X goodbye. After that, I just took my time with the series, hoping vivi might come back in someway...................................................................................................................................."SHE HAS THE WILL OF." Too late for that now!

Last edited:
The biggest letdown for me is Yamato not joining.

It's less about Yamato herself or how much I like her, but more about getting "tricked" by Oda. All those hints and setups did fool me.

Especially when I thought Oda already subverts the expectations with Carrot not joining, so I doubt Oda will subverts the expectation once again in the same way.

---

As for future letdown, which will definitely happen, is how many mysteries are left unsolved.