Chapter Discussion Where is the clout?

Is it just me or has everything about the recent couple chapters just screamed "Luffy and his crew still have and deserve no respect"?
Even Kid and probably even Law(let alone the likes of Kaido) would've dismantled that shark, all those robots and probably Vegapunk as well just for disrespecting them
Even Zoro stands by as all of those monsters intimidate his crew when he's fully capable of instantly ending them all
I get jobbing early in the arc to not destroy tension but at this point it seems counter intuitive
Roger states how any marine beneath Garp and Sengoku aren't worth their time; yet a sea storm and some mechs damn near ended a Yonko crew???

Even the number 2 Vegapunk, who is by all means supposed to be a genius, is unaware of recent events? even things a bit less recent like the Gokou announcement or overthrowing the previous head of the underworld would warrant a bit more respect then what was given

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
What? Did you miss this week's chapter. It was all about clout.

Started when one of the sea kings was sweating when Zoro looked at him, then Logic told Lilith Zoro could end her swiftly if he wanted to while also hyping up his bounty.

The implication was clear, she and her friends were at the mercy of Zoro.

Started when one of the sea kings was sweating when Zoro looked at him, then Logic told Lilith Zoro could end her swiftly if he wanted to while also hyping up his bounty.

I see what you're saying, but I'm arguing that it should've happened immediately
Lilith or whichever Vegapunk, as a government employee and genius, should know Yonko crew members IMO without reminding
Post automatically merged:

Probably because Luffy wasn't there to represent his crew.
I can agree with this
But for example Marco is well recognized, is Zoro so far beneath that level of recognition that a top government employee doesn't know of him?

Last edited:

Mr. Tuna Sandwich

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I see what you're saying, but I'm arguing that it should've happened immediately
Lilith or whichever Vegapunk, as a government employee and genius, should know Yonko crew members IMO without reminding

I can agree with this
But for example Marco is well recognized, is Zoro so far beneath that level of recognition that a top government employee doesn't know of him?
Implying Lilith would give a fuck about Marco lol
She went there to rob them because they Yonko crew, she don't give a fuck about mere Yonko title

Oda's income comes mainly from his manga, at the very least it is the foundation of it (then there are gadgets, films etc.). His formula for the manga are his main characters goofy around for a good half of every arc. He can risk to try to change that but changing his formula may probably decrease the sales even more. This is the same as Dragonball characters derping around in anime/movies until the big baddy gets to maximum power. It will always be like this, don't expect surprises by Oda in this department after 1k+ chapters.

SHs are always relaxed and don't give a fuck, so they get in trouble
It's not related to power levels
Katakuri was always alert with his future sight on trying to be the perfect commander
SHs are just some dumb tourists excited to land on a new island

The SHs are literally the least threatening crew overall - who's gonna be scared of Franky fangirling, Sanji simping and Nami, Usopp and Brook being pussies.

The clout comes from the fact that it only took two members being serious to stop the threat in its tracks entirely.

Don't mistake Lilith's stupidity for a lack of clout, when the Vegapunk known as Logic literally hyped their clout through Zoro and Robin.

The SHs are literally the least threatening crew overall - who's gonna be scared of Franky fangirling, Sanji simping and Nami, Usopp and Brook being pussies.

The clout comes from the fact that it only took two members being serious to stop the threat in its tracks entirely.

Don't mistake Lilith's stupidity for a lack of clout, when the Vegapunk known as Logic literally hyped their clout through Zoro and Robin.
I agree but mostly is just due to Zoro, yea sure Robin is kind of lethal but I cant see Robin doing much here. The real threat is Zoro that all.

Basically the strawhat are luffy&zoro a bit of jimbe&sanji that all. Other crew look more impressive

Remove the first 2, and this crew gona lose 99% of the time in the new world

Totally and Zoro didnt even flex :kayneshrug: