Break Week Which Arc Achieved More? Dressrosa vs WCI

Which Arc Achieved More

• Dressrosa

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • WCI

Votes: 16 34.0%

• Total voters
I’m gonna say Whole Cake island by quite a bit.

First of all the SHs were able to obtain one of the 4 road ponyglyphs from Big Mom, making them halfway done to finding Raftel itself in addition to the road ponyglyph they obtained in Zou.

Second of all this was the arc where Jinbe officially joined the Straw Hats, the first Straw Hat recruit in well over a decade.

And finally this was the arc where Luffy finally gained enough prestige to be considered the “5th Yonko” by Big News Morgans and gaining an additional 1 Billion berries to his former bounty.

An honorable mention I would like to include is that this was the arc where Luffy learned future sight for the first time.

Last edited:
Dressrosa did a fuck ton. That said, I think WCI's payoff hasn't arrived fully yet. If the entire BMP crew goes down in Wano, then it serves a big purpose. If Carrot continues to justify Pedro's will, even more. If Germa/Caesar become factors in a future arc, even more. If Big Mom gets her secret outed at Elbaf, more. Underworld Emperors getting elaborated on? More.

That said, it still has nothing on DR in terms of world plot being set up more.

The entire point of Dressrosa was to set up a fleet that would obey to Luffy's command so that he doesn't show up with 10 fking people when he eventually challenges the Marines/WG
Oda did drag it out a bit too long for my taste though but he needed to introduce the key figures of that fleet one by one for it to be credible and have any weight.

WCI doesn't really accomplish much other than the Red poneglyph, the Bigmom issue isn't resolved at WCI, Katakuri could've fallen in another arc and nothing would change

Dressrosa.

- Broke up military might for several Warring nations
- Luffy gained 5600 troop members
- Several well achieved New World Pirate Captains serve under Luffys banner
- Happo Navy was apparently a big deal, serving as mercenaries/bodyguards to reverie nations
- Hajrudins New Giant Pirates and Luffys angst against Big Mom serves as a welcoming to Elbaf anytime
- Barrier Fruit user directly under Luffy
- Luffy noticed by greater pirates across the world
- Luffy under Kaidos radar
- Destruction of Dressrosa led to Abolition of Warlord System
- Exposing Dealings with Cypher Pol to revolutionaries
- Weapons exposed and claimed by Revolutionaries
- Fujitora a Navy Admiral recognizes that Pirate King Luffy will have citizens best interests at heart and is not an evil person. Fujitora may even ally with Luffy in the future (always a possibility).
- Akainu face and the Navy is besmirched
- A cemented alliance and respect from Law (former Warlord and Supernova) under luffys wing. Whether ppl like it or not, Law will assist Luffy going forwards
- Taking down doffy a celestial dragon with ties everywhere

Tough call. WCI is just Dressrosa 2.0. for Twirly Hat Crew.

Fujitora (Admiral) = Big Mom (Yonko)
Doflamingo (CoC Awakened Paramecia) = Katakuri (CoC Awakened Paramecia)

I'd say Dressrosa, because Doflamingos defeat sent ripples throughout the world. Only taking down a Yonko would top it, and he didn't really "defeat" Big Mom Pirates in WCI.

Depends on what's intended for Achieved.

If we are talking about a fun/entertainment aspect it's obviously Dressrosa.

Story progression wise I would say Dressrosa but WCI was also important to get to Wano so it's both overall.

Overall Dressrosa achieved more than WCI if we pull a general analysis.