General & Others Which character would have been the best teacher for Sanji ?

Which character would have been the best teacher for Sanji ?

• Garp (suppose that he’d b willing to train him because of Ace’s death)

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Sabo

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Jinbe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marco

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Chinjao

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The problem is that Oda has made no proper use of such training and instead has given him a tech suit from a family introduced two arcs ago, so it is irrelevant who trained Sanji: the author would screw it up anyways.
Orr the New World was too much for Sanji to keep up with? He's simply hitting above his weight class, hence the RS is needed.

Orr the New World was too much for Sanji to keep up with? He's simply hitting above his weight class, hence the RS is needed.
Tbf you could say the new world was to much for the strawhats as a whole

Sanji was like vet level before the power up which isn't that bad tbh. Even luffy was stuggling hella hard with 3yc level dudes. Tho luffy was actually able to fight for more than 2 panels and win fights and not just clashes.

Even the donquixiote pirates would've likely beat them in an all out battle out of the timeskip.

He could have went to his family during those 2 years and begged his father to experiment on his body to make him stronger then learn the haki and also learn many technique of kicking from his father , also take the RS with him .
Isn't this will be better if he throw his pride/past for his crew to get stronger at that time ?!

for the WCI plot it's remain good maybe even better cuz he was threaten anyway by bigmom this time his family will be threaten better than thrashing him by zeff who is sleeping on his restraint ,even zeff this didnt know about this lol.

you may say his job is a cook and he should improve his skills, as if this matter now ?! when we heard about the 99 recipe we thought he's going to make the SH stronger before battle or something like that but not , in all this 400 chapters we only saw 2 of 99 .
one at the end of PH and the last he made it for bigmom . this oda problem .

That's irrelevant. The problem I'm pointing is that Oda has made no proper effort to translate his training to his New World experience. Not only that, but this statement of yours is essentially flawed because Sanji himself explicited how the training would make him significantly stronger; therefore, Oda was making a point on his improved capabilities once they reunited (and, to be fair, if he could keep it up with some of the strongest East Blue and Paradise people nothing should stop him from keeping that routine in the New World after timeskip). I'd have bought that Sanji needed the Raid Suit after experiencing how his training wasn't enough, but Oda hasn't exploited the potential of the newkama recipes as body enhancers (I only recall the end of Punk Hazard) nor has stressed any particular result of the training apart from blue and sky walk.

At the end of the day, the problem is that Oda had all the elements to improve Sanji's strength through cooking, to merge both sides of his character, but chose to make up a (dull) family who gave him a tech suit with superpowers. That's arbitrary writing.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
That's irrelevant. The problem I'm pointing is that Oda has made no proper effort to translate his training to his New World experience. Not only that, but this statement of yours is essentially flawed because Sanji himself explicited how the training would make him significantly stronger; therefore, Oda was making a point on his improved capabilities once they reunited (and, to be fair, if he could keep it up with some of the strongest East Blue and Paradise people nothing should stop him from keeping that routine in the New World after timeskip). I'd have bought that Sanji needed the Raid Suit after experiencing how his training wasn't enough, but Oda hasn't exploited the potential of the newkama recipes as body enhancers (I only recall the end of Punk Hazard) nor has stressed any particular result of the training apart from blue and sky walk.

At the end of the day, the problem is that Oda had all the elements to improve Sanji's strength through cooking, to merge both sides of his character, but chose to make up a (dull) family who gave him a tech suit with superpowers. That's arbitrary writing.
Yea but the point is regardless of Oda not diving into the details of his training, we know he can 1 shot a pacifista now. So he did get significantly stronger, and he does have improved capabilities, issue is even those weren't enough.

From a writing perspective, sure Oda could have gone about it differently, he didn't use the training as something all that exclusive but rather just a way to generally give Sanji a massive boost from his pre skip self. We already see how he is exponentially stronger, the details don't matter as it concerns the power scale, unfortunately it wasn't enough to hang in the New World.

Ivankov wasnt his teacher nor was it implied to be his teacher.

Sanji had survival training in Kamabaka. Which allowed him to develop a specialty for CoO since he always had to stay alert. And he also hardened his body.

Unlike Luffy who has a DF that he has to optimise and Zoro who needs to learn more sword techniques and develop new ways to cut harder objects. Sanji is already at the end of his training for his fighting style...

Luffy and Zoro both expanded on abilities they already have. Having Sanji be taught different Rokushiki seems weird as its not expanding on what he already has.

So yes...Sanji technically couldnt have a master since hes mastered Black Leg Style. And his DJ and HM are projections of himself, which are not trained to get but more are emotion based.

So technically Sanji did have the best type of "training he could possibly have". Having to survive Kamabaka is way extreme haki training than that blindfold shit Luffy was doing....

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Honestly, Sanji's fine. He just needs to eat a devil fruit. Physically he's above veterans, now imagine if he had a year to train with a half decent paramecia? Imagine if he ate the Bomu Bomu no Mi, giving him some extra AP and probably some good mobility in the air via using explosions to redirect his own movements.

Honestly, Sanji's fine. He just needs to eat a devil fruit. Physically he's above veterans, now imagine if he had a year to train with a half decent paramecia? Imagine if he ate the Bomu Bomu no Mi, giving him some extra AP and probably some good mobility in the air via using explosions to redirect his own movements.
No what Sanji truly needs is more fights to help grow his CQC prowess.

Sanji cracked Oven's neck. And Oven is more durable than Katakuri. Meaning that if Sanji acc had ways to land hits on Katakuri....he may have a chance at beating him.

If Oda for once stops using him as a hype tool or and stops the plot making Sanji looker "weaker". It wouldnt be weird for him to easily be YC lvl.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
dr. Kureha would be the best teacher

No better punching bag than a punching bag that can actually heal his own wounds or fractured bone
This would actually be real cool, if Sanji could get up from having his leg fractured by Mr. Vergo and somehow set it or repair it and keep on fighting. Makes anything but lethal attacks useless against him, to make up for his mediocre AP and CoA.

Tbf you could say the new world was to much for the strawhats as a whole

Sanji was like vet level before the power up which isn't that bad tbh. Even luffy was stuggling hella hard with 3yc level dudes. Tho luffy was actually able to fight for more than 2 panels and win fights and not just clashes.

Even the donquixiote pirates would've likely beat them in an all out battle out of the timeskip.
^^^
This

Unlike Luffy....and Zoro to an extent. Sanji isnt given enough combat panel time. Other than one off feats, Oda doesnt give Sanji the chance to get back again and get another go....

Sanji isnt weak. His feats in WCI have shown he isnt weak. He just isnt treated fairly when it comes to combat.

I wouldnt be suprised if Sanji acc fights well later this arc. He clearly has the potential but isnt given a chance to show off.

Honestly Sai not in terms of haki or skill but Sai or Chinjao can teach Sanji the secret family technique the drill attacks. Those attacks are deadly AF in terms of power and Sai/chinjao ain't even veteran level.
Sanji dont need no family technique. He has Black Style that has a variety of killer techniques...such as Concasse, Mouton Shot, AMKC.....etc.

MonsterZoro

Spoiler Provider
Sabo would have been nice too since he has ADV COA and sabo before DF had his hands as fighting style.

I believe Sanji has ran into Sabo before during his stay on that island. We dont know cauise sanji was never on dressorsa for long enough.

Macro, just to teach him the basics of Haki then improves on his own skills similar to what Luffy did

Hopefully the raidsuit gets destroyed by Queen or whoever Sanji fights, I wanna see his true power and now some comical clown suit.