Character Discussion Which characters do you find unsympathetic despite them supposed to be sympathized with ?

The "Unintentionally Unsympathetic" trope is refers to characters that the public is supposed to find sympathetic and side with but who turns out to be disliked by the readers or viewers due to their hypocrisy and other unpleasant traits that make them unlikeable and unsympathetic.

Which characters in One Piece do you think that it's the case for, characters that you are supposed to like or feel empathy for but that you don't because of their unpleasant, stupid and hypocritcal traits and moments ?

I have to say that despite her traumatic experience with the World Nobles I never found Hancock very likeable due to how hypocrital, petty and self-centered she is which ironically is basically a toned down version of the CD's attitude, and to how irrationnal her misandry is considering that many of the Celestial Dragons are females and that many men suffered the same things that she and her sisters endured as slaves, that many slaves didn't developp irrationnal grudges despite what they suffered and not counting how she was saved by Fisher Tiger and Rayleigh.

I also don't find Roger to be a very likeable person given how he was able of massacring many persons just for the slightest insults towards his men and how he basically set his son for the goal of fullfiling a centuries-old prophecy.

Also despite his care and benevolence towards citizens Fujitora could have clearly avoided a lot of destructions and casualties at Dressrosa by stopping using meteors and if he had used his powers to take down Doflamingo or at least protected the citizens from the Birdcage instead of giving all the work to Luffy.

Aarlong, fuck if he suffered, that dosent justify fucking up several innocent villages just to boost his fragile fishmen ego on humans who are not even fighters. If he wasnt such a big hypocrite he would also do something to the people that are actualy screwing his people over, like joining the revolutionaries to fight back at the tenryubito or something.
I don't think his story was supposed to be sympathized with but just to show hatred of fishmen against humans

I don't think his story was supposed to be sympathized with but just to show hatred of fishmen against humans
Way after in fishman island, Oda tries to show why the fishmen hates humans including Aarloong, and nop, dosent excuse him from what he did. And again, Tiger not accepting human blood just to die instead was just too damn stupid, cant simpathize with that at all.

Brownbeard in Punk Hazard,when Cesar made him not able to talk. I think that the people he was talking to should have had already guessed at that point what was happening,and Oda was trying too hard to do a heartbreaking scene. Also,the Tontatta!
There is also the fact that Brownbeard was definitively the asshole kind of pirate before Hawkins crippled him, given how he assaulted one of the islands that were under WB's protection and its inhabitants.

There is also the fact that Brownbeard was definitively the asshole kind of pirate before Hawkins crippled him, given how he assaulted one of the islands that were under WB's protection and its inhabitants.
True,and thats also one of the reasons why if Oda will try to make us feel bad for Hawkins i wont feel sorry for him.

Ace given how he stupidely wasted his brother, comrades and adoptive father's efforts over a petty and pointless reason.
This is also why I was more angry than anything when Ace died. I wasn't really sad for him. I was sad for Luffy.

Man, what a stupid, stupid waste of everything. Just because Ace fell for a schoolyard taunt. In character for him, but does not make it any less stupid. As hot blooded as Luffy is, at least, in general, Luffy knew when to pick his battles. Even against Big Mom in WCI he only sent one punch before retreating. If it were Ace in his place, it would be a massacre (because Big Mom would easily overpower and kill Ace).

The flashback with Yamato further amplified this anger for me. Like, what the fuck? He thought he could really win against Kaido? The fuck was he on? He lucked out when trying against Kaido, but his luck eventually ran out against Sakazuki.

I was also pissed at Garp for not reprimanding Ace harder as a kid for this. Roger could afford to act like that because he is likely the verse's strongest. Ace isn't even a speck compared to Roger, and Garp knew this, so why the hell didn't he compel this knowledge to Ace? Damn it!

Bellamy: Glad Luffy knocked him out with each hand

Baby 5: Shoulda been arrested

Oden: Left his country to suffer multiple times for his own ambitions, his death was too epic for him

Ace: Responding to the biggest bait ever, I wish Akainu punched his head off

Coby: Him stopping Akainu only came off as naïve to me. The Marines fighting around him knew full well they might not come back. He thinks way too many pirates are like Luffy