Questions & Mysteries Which Series Has The Best Fights?

Best Fights?

• Total voters
D

Dragomir

I'm back at it with another one of these threads and I think this topic is a good one. What series do y'all think has the best fights? As you guys are answering this question, don't restrict your choice to just fights with hands being thrown and stuff like that. Haikyuu, for example, has volleyball matches; Kuroko no Basket, I know has basketball matches obviously; Death Note, in particular, is all battle of wits. If you want to select one of those three series as the one with the best "fights" then that's perfectly fine. Furthermore, I do understand that fights in manga are very different from fights in anime. Anime more often than not has an advantage with the soundtrack, animation, voice acting, etc. So if you guys want to split your choice into a manga choice and anime choice, that's also fine. Or if you prefer to choose generally, it's all up to you. I'll personally be splitting my choice.

For anime, my pick is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. My main reason is the creativity used in the fights. With the power of Stands, the author can be as free as he wants in how he wants to draw the fight and in my opinion, Araki, the author, definitely does capitalize on that freedom given. Rarely any fight in JoJo is just "I punch harder" or DBZ beams. There are a lot of brains involved to determine the outcome but it's not just Death Note where it's nothing but brains, but you pair that up with the brawn involved and it produces some amazing fights.

For manga, it's Kingdom and to me, it's not even close. Maybe Berserk can give it a run for its money but Kingdom takes the cake. The fights aren't just aesthetically really nice to read, the way it also connects to the plot and provides a way of character development for Kingdom's characters makes it one of the best. Lastly, the art. The art in Kingdom is absolutely beautiful. Here are a few panels to show you what I mean:

What would y'all choose?

Kiwipom

Ghost Princess
OPM's art is insanely good and the choreography blows the other shows out of the water.

Early AoT fights had some pretty good strategies iirc, it never felt like a "who can punch harder" but that's also because it's not really shounen and there aren't that many fights to begin with

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
OPM's art is insanely good and the choreography blows the other shows out of the water.

Early AoT fights had some pretty good strategies iirc, it never felt like a "who can punch harder" but that's also because it's not really shounen and there aren't that many fights to begin with
Every AoT fight pre 123 is great.

Boy this is a tough one............all of them imo have very good fights

Bleach - Naruto

Saint seiya -Yu yu hakusho - Demon slayer - Fate series

HxH

DBZ

Rurouni kenshin - Nura rise of yokai clan - jojo

My hero academia -Darker than Black

One piece

Jujutsu kaisen - Black clover -Tenjo tenge

Inuyasha - FMA B - Tower of god

Hajime no ippo - Baki -Beelzebub - A certain magical index -Code geass

AOT

Missing some more anime right now can't remember them

Haven't watched gintama/kingdom/records of ragnarok...............

Last edited:
Dragon Ball fights look extensively amazing from many layers such as martial arts quality, expecially in the first series, then replaced by empowered spectacularity and amazing DC.

HxH for the creativity and the amount of different powers.

Saint Seiya basically englobing awesome martial arts to awesome spectacularity.

Dragon Ball fights look extensively amazing from many layers such as martial arts quality, expecially in the first series, then replaced by empowered spectacularity and amazing DC.

HxH for the creativity and the amount of different powers.

Saint Seiya basically englobing awesome martial arts to awesome spectacularity.

I forgot about saint seiya.......have you read lost canvas? Has some of the most goated fights :steef: