Questions & Mysteries Which Strawhats will keep sailing post Luffy?

If luffy ends up dying, leaving, or whatever it is that makes it so he can’t lead the crew any longer which strawhats will keep on sailing?

Kinda depressing but luffy eventually dying after he becomes pirate king, takes down the world government, and accomplishes his true dream is lowkey kinda possible
I don’t think luffy dying will mean the whole crew will just suddenly decide to their back homes and stop sailing

Imo the 3 most likely to keep together and keep going are usopp, zoro, and nami. Them basically mirroring cross guild who themselves mirror the beast pirates alliance

Cross guild copying the beast pirates
  • Kaido worlds strongest creature/pirate -> mihawk worlds strongest swordsman
  • Doflamingo being a warlord with connections and ties to everything -> crocodile ex warlord with ties
  • Caesar clown that makes the main recourses -> buggy clown with crew makes stuff
Strawhats copying cross guild representing
  • Wealth crocodile and nami
  • Fame buggy and usopp
  • Power mihawk and zoro
The crew disbanding would be the perfect time for Usopp to become captain too

Brook birthday April 3rd - vice captain becoming captain when Yorki died
Jimbe birthday April 2nd - vice captain becoming captain after fisher tiger died

Usopp birthday April 1st -
As for who else stays with the crew idk but I don’t think all of them will

1. Luffy- no cause presumably dead
  2. Zoro- yes
  3. Nami- yes
  4. Usopp- yes
  5. Sanji- I don’t think so
  6. Chopper- maybe
  7. Robin- maybe not
  8. Franky- idk lol
  9. Brook- probably not
  10. Jinbe- maybe not

Also with luffy out of the picture and not as op it could set up law, kid, and usopp (with zoro being the muscle) to become the next set of emperors. As for who the 4th could be idk
:endthis:
Side note theory

1. Kid vs ryokugyu
  2. Law vs fujitora
  3. Zoro vs orange zodiac

Last edited:
Luffy will most likely die prematurely from all the buildup of strain on his body from Gear 2 and Gear 3 pre timeskip, then Gear 4 and Gear 5 post timeskip, plus Ivankov hormones and other shit I probably forgot.

Zoro will most likely go back to Shimotsuki Village and loiter around there or teach kids about swordsmanship in the dojo while waiting for challengers.

Nami will probably continue sailing in order to finish mapping the planet, and once she finishes she will publish that shit and go settle back in Cocoyasi Village.

Usopp is the most likely among all of them to keep sailing.
I see him forming the Usopp Pirates with his three loyal underlings from Syrup Village, Piiman, Ninjin and Tamanegi.

Sanji after finding All Blue will either go back to Baratie and inherit the restaurant, or open his own somewhere and settle down.

Chopper could go three different ways.
He either goes back to Drum Island and continues working with Kureha curing diseases and illnesses.
He could also open his own clinic somewhere.
Finally, he could keep sailing and go the wandering doctor route, curing people along the way.

Robin will most likely settle down and try to rebuild Ohara or at least make a center of learning about archeology and history so that her mother's death wouldnt be in vain.

Franky will most likely go back to Water 7 where his gang is waiting for him. He will go on to keep inventing and creating new tech.

Brook will probably stay in the Twin Cape (aka Laugh Tale) with Laboon and eventually go on tour.

Jinbe will probably go wherever the other Fishmen will go after Fishman Island gets destroyed.

Last edited:
Nami and I think that she might be the only one. The others would most likely settle to wait for challenges to come or to find a new way of living.. but Nami is quite literally - I think - the daughter of the sea. Her life, her sences and dreams are all about navigation and its limitless.

So I don't think that she would be happy on land. The most likely probability is that she finds or creates a new crew or join a new form of structure that could help children and women in the world.

Luffy will most likely die prematurely from all the buildup of strain on his body from Gear 2 and Gear 3 pre timeskip, then Gear 4 and Gear 5 post timeskip, plus Ivankov hormones and other shit I probably forgot.

Zoro will most likely go back to Shimotsuki Village and loiter around there or teach kids about swordsmanship in the dojo while waiting for challengers.

Nami will probably continue sailing in order to finish mapping the planet, and once she finishes she will publish that shit and go settle back in Cocoyasi Village.

I see him forming the Usopp Pirates with his three loyal underlings from Syrup Village, Piiman, Ninjin and Tamanegi.

Sanji after finding All Blue will either go back to Baratie and inherit the restaurant, or open his own somewhere and settle down.

He either goes back to Drum Island and continues working with Kureha curing diseases and illnesses.
Finally, he could keep sailing and go the wandering doctor route, curing people along the way.

Robin will most likely settle down and try to rebuild Ohara or at least make a center of learning about archeology and history so that her mother's death wouldnt be in vain.

Franky will most likely go back to Water 7 where his gang is waiting for him. He will go on to keep inventing and creating new tech.

Brook will probably stay in the Twin Cape (aka Laugh Tale) with Laboon and eventually go on tour.

Jinbe will probably go wherever the other Fishmen will go after Fishman Island gets destroyed.
Luffy will die? :gokulaugh:

His body suffers absolutely no strains whatsoever. Don't be overdramatic. :suresure:
Post automatically merged:

If luffy ends up dying, leaving, or whatever it is that makes it so he can’t lead the crew any longer which strawhats will keep on sailing?

Kinda depressing but luffy eventually dying after he becomes pirate king, takes down the world government, and accomplishes his true dream is lowkey kinda possible
I don’t think luffy dying will mean the whole crew will just suddenly decide to their back homes and stop sailing

Imo the 3 most likely to keep together and keep going are usopp, zoro, and nami. Them basically mirroring cross guild who themselves mirror the beast pirates alliance

Cross guild copying the beast pirates
  • Kaido worlds strongest creature/pirate -> mihawk worlds strongest swordsman
  • Doflamingo being a warlord with connections and ties to everything -> crocodile ex warlord with ties
  • Caesar clown that makes the main recourses -> buggy clown with crew makes stuff
Strawhats copying cross guild representing
  • Wealth crocodile and nami
  • Fame buggy and usopp
  • Power mihawk and zoro
The crew disbanding would be the perfect time for Usopp to become captain too

Brook birthday April 3rd - vice captain becoming captain when Yorki died
Jimbe birthday April 2nd - vice captain becoming captain after fisher tiger died

Usopp birthday April 1st -

As for who else stays with the crew idk but I don’t think all of them will

1. Luffy- no cause presumably dead
  2. Zoro- yes
  3. Nami- yes
  4. Usopp- yes
  5. Sanji- I don’t think so
  6. Chopper- maybe
  7. Robin- maybe not
  8. Franky- idk lol
  9. Brook- probably not
  10. Jinbe- maybe not

Also with luffy out of the picture and not as op it could set up law, kid, and usopp (with zoro being the muscle) to become the next set of emperors. As for who the 4th could be idk
:endthis:
Side note theory

1. Kid vs ryokugyu
  2. Law vs fujitora
  3. Zoro vs orange zodiac
All this talk about Luffy dying over nothing is absurd. :fujilaugh:

And Zoro vs an orange zodiac is even more absurd. :ronalaugh:

In other word, Straw Hats will get disbanded like Roger Pirates and everyone part ways.

I can see Nami going back to Cocoyasi to settle down and follow Bellemere’s path of adopting orphans.

Last edited:

His body suffers absolutely no strains whatsoever. Don't be overdramatic. :suresure:

With all the the times luffy has shortened his lifespan him dying before the rest of the crew is pretty likely eos/epilogue wise

Zoro fighting kizaru’s replacement could be really cool

Luffy was aged up to 70 earlier in this arc, and I don't see an actual reason for him to die anyway. So he'll obviously keep sailing since adventure is his calling, and I think Zoro (first mate) and Nami (navigator) at bare minimum would stay with him. Nami has her world map to complete as well.

I dont know bro. Oda explicitely states in the manga that some of the shit he went through is shortening his lifespan (Ivankov Hormones being one example)
The rest is kinda headcanon but it has some basis.
I dont think Oda would show Luffy weakened and having to take a break from shit like for example G4 vs Doffy and G5 vs Kizaru if it wasnt taking a toll on him.

This seems like the most probable outcome to me. Ofc Oda might surprise us, but this seems realistic and logical.

Judging from their characters, what they were doing before, what their dreams are, here's my opinion for all of them.

Franky: he will join Galley La company imo and build other ships

Chopper: will become a doctor somewhere and will teach about it

Robin: will become a scholar, historian
Jimbei: might become a kind of amabassador between humans and fishmen

Brook: will reunite with Laboon and play music for him

Usopp: he will be recognized as a brave warrior of the sea so he'll go back to his island, marry that not so smart girl, and keep telling lies about his adventures (how he was the one who defeated Kaido, BM, etc...)

Sanji: will open his own restaurant on the seas, he'll cook the dishes and Pudding will prepare the desserts

Zoro: will live a bit like Mihawk prior to CG, sailing the seas randomly, seeking for challenge while boozing in his boat

Luffy will probably still want to go on adventure and sail, and I think Nami will accompany him because he can't sail at all. Zoro might actually come along too

So you are telling me that in manga where rarely anyone dies you expect main character will end up dying. Yeah that ain't happening .
It's not like he dies immediately, but his gears are shortening his lifespan, as far as I remember, so Luffy is unfortunately quite likely to die relatively young. That being said, he might live up to the age of Roger, but not to the age of Rayleigh or WB.

Luffy doesn’t need to die for the straw hats to disband. Their story is that they’re out here to achieve their dream and once they do they’ll move on in life.

The only one who may keep sailing (besides Luffy) is Usopp as his own ship captain but I think it’s more likely he’ll stay with Kaya after achieving his dream.

None of them need to keep sailing cause once the story ends there’s literally nothing left for them out there.

C

CensoredbyWG

If oda has balls:

Luffy: dies

Zoro: quits being pirate after luffy's death and follow the steps of his teacher hiding in east blue while training kids in his dojo alongside perona/kuina/hiyori and the kids they produce.

Sanji: something related to food.

Nami: travels the world until she gets bored and goes back to her village.

Robin: either lives in elbaf or tries to recreate ohara.

Jinbe: lives in New fishman island.

Franky: either back to W7 or becomes famous engineer.

Usopp: marries kaya.

Chopper: lives in zou.

Brook: dies after luffy wills DFs to not exist anymore.