Questions & Mysteries Who is the Monster Samurai?

Who is the Monster Samurai?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay like, no joke people? If you arent trolling how can anybody say that Luffy is the monster samurai in question? Luffy isn't a fuckign Samurai. Oda makes a fucking joke expressly about that purpose. Meanwhile, Zoro, the motherfucker that actually uses swords to SCAR Kaido a move that ONLY Oden managed to accomplish. The feat that made Kaido consider Oden such a monster in the first place. Its Zoro.

He is the monster Samurai. Stop trolling for fucks sake.

Last edited:
Okay like, no joke people? If you arent trolling how can anybody say that Luffy is the monster samurai in question? Luffy isn't a fuckign Samurai. Oda makes a fucking joke expressly about that purpose. Meanwhile, Zoro, the motherfucker that actually uses sword to SCAR Kaido a move that ONLY Oden managed to accomplish.The feat that made Kaido consider Oden such a monster in the first place. Its Zoro.

He is the monster Samurai. Stop trolling for fucks sake.
How is Izo a samurai?

By your own admission, the only thing I got wrong was who was starving?

And as I said I’m not the expert there
First of all, the plot isn't about finding a starving girl and helping her. It's about Ryuma trying to find "King" and he ends up killing a Dragon to save everyone. The only girl that gave food to a starving mc in this arc was Hiyori. Note how the girl in Monsters isn't a little one like Otama but rather a grown woman.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I don’t even know where the notion that it HAD to be Zoro came from.
Hitetsu said that no one bar Oden had tamed Enma and that depending on Zoro, Enma may yet become a Black Blade:

Kaido repeatedly compared Zoro to Oden or was reminded of Oden by Zoro during the Rooftop fight:

The context of the monster samurai comment must not be ignored.

Kaido said that the Scabbards could not be the monster samurai after they failed to open up his old scar:

Zoro went even further and gave Kaido a new scar:

And finally, during the King fight, Zoro compared himself to Oden before awakening Haoshoku:

Gee, I wonder where the notion that the samurai currently wielding Oden's sword is the monster samurai comes from.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Samurai's are Wa inhabitants so technically neither Zoro nor Luffy can be Samurai's
Yes.

The swordsman, who's fighting style and looks are the "spitting image" of Shimotsuki Ushimaru and who was born in the Shimotsuki village in the East Blue and trained in the Shimotsuki Dojo which were both confirmed to be started by a Wano native by the name of Shimotsuki Kozaburo belonging to the Shimotsuki clan, one of the feudal daimyos of Wano, has more stake for that claim.

Bonus:

It’s obviously Luffy. I don’t even know where the notion that it HAD to be Zoro came from. Luffy has been referred to as a samurai in Wano already so it’s not like it’s a swordsman-only thing.
It s clear you cant read
The monstrous samurai point was brought after scabbards tried to open the old scar and failed
It has nothing to do with Condo.m
But hey i wonder where that notion came from it s not like Zoro has Oden s sword
It s not like he has Wano ties with Ushimaru
It s not like he s gonna make Enma a black blade surpassing Oden
Luffytards man

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
People also seem to miss that Ryuma has a ton of parallels with Luffy and not just Zoro
It’s been awhile since I read Monsters, but one thing is that Ryuuma’s whole story involves finding a starving girl and trying to help her (like Luffy and Tama).

There’s also a lot of shared character quirks like constant nose picking.

That’s off the top of my head. You can find more via YouTube and Reddit.
Are you an idiot?

This is from the start of the Zoro vs King fight: