Speculations Who is the Moon God?

Agree, let the blackhole turn them into nothingness :finally:
Indeed, Teach and Luffy aren't meant to be Naruto and Sasuke, Teach especially saw hell and beyond as a cost of getting his devil fruits while child of prophecy Luffy got Nika's soul on a golden plate when he was a baby.

It's Bluto and Popeye, and Kurohige will play all his dishonorable cards to crush Rūffy. :myman:

OT: just figured out "Rūffy" turns into "Luffy" when typed, i guess @nik87 really abused that word so much mods had to act about it. :watchout:

Kozuki translates to Moon, Light Moon, Ancient Moon?
Hiyori plays Moon Princess
Toki called the people of Wano the moon, awaiting the dawn
Zoro's village is Frost Moon
The makami is a wolf, a creature that howls at the moon
Sulong is powered by the moon

If "Blackbeard doesn't sleep during night, but sleeps at day" then he fits being a moon: shines during night but sets when morning comes.

But "Blackbeard never sleeps in entire life" then he isn't a moon, moon doesn't work like that.
Post automatically merged:

Yep, Moon sounds like Zoro more based on his sleeping schedule.
Iirc SBS said Zoro is awake at night, and sleep when morning comes. And he is often sleeping during the day.

If "Blackbeard doesn't sleep during night, but sleeps at day" then he fits being a moon: shines during night but sets when morning comes.

But "Blackbeard never sleeps in entire life" then he isn't a moon, moon doesn't work like that.

Yep, Moon sounds like Zoro more based on his sleeping schedule.
Iirc SBS said Zoro is awake at night, and sleep when morning comes. And he is often sleeping during the day.
I have seen an idea somewhere that maybe his two personas allow take rests between day and night, so we have two different BB personalities between day and night, but too little evidence for that

It is obviously Imu, if Imu turns out to be some kind of Kaguya type villain. Based on Kaguya the Moon Princess. Its an obvious choice.
If I had a coin for every "obvious" inside this thread, I would become rich real fast ;-)

I thought about Imu aswell, especially since this Kaguya reference was all over the place.
In my opinion Imu is more likely to be this symbolic counterpart-villain than BB. Teach, for me, always seemed to be impersonating some sort of strategic servant of Chaos or Darkness.

Still, my favorite arguments pro Enel stay: He is on the moon. He already thinks of himself as a god (maybe his mythical zoan subconsciously nurishes that thought...). Strangely nobody but the strawhats ever mentioned Enel or even fought him.

In that scenario Imu could represent an even greater force, like a galactic power that rearranges whole planets. The names of the ancient weapons also suggest a hirarchy of gods like in the pantheon of ancient greece.

Last edited:
The only connection that zoro has with the moon is that he is a Shimotsuki and like beckman is the moon to shanks he is the moon to luffy
But in a serious take is BB he is clearly the opposite to luffy and oda draw him watching the moon when he was a child

Rej

Year of the black beard!
If I had a coin for every "obvious" inside this thread, I would become rich real fast ;-)

I thought about Imu aswell, especially since this Kaguya reference was all over the place.
In my opinion Imu is more likely to be this symbolic counterpart-villain than BB. Teach, for me, always seemed to be impersonating some sort of strategic servant of Chaos or Darkness.

Still, my favorite aeguments pro Enel stay: He is on the moon. He already thinks of himself as a god (maybe his mythical zoan subconsciously nurishes that thought...). Strangely nobody but the strawhats ever mentioned Enel or even fought him.

In that scenario Imu could represent an even greater force, like a galactic power that rearranges whole planets. The names of the ancient weapons also suggest a hirarchy of gods like in the pantheon of ancient greece.
Totally got a point.

For me it is difficult to explain but the short story: same as the sun has been referenxed alot within things like Sunny, Elbaf and Fishmen, there is the samw things going on with the Moon.

Additionally qe are in some kind of battle royale between different candidates for the "throne", "to become god".
Even if Enel is more about symbolism and memes, I am sure he might come back. Enel is afterall one of those candidates or ex-candidates for the throne, similair to someone like Momo who is a candidate for a global new wave heritage.

The main point overall is that both Moon and Sun are supppsed to be a duality, a ying and yang that has to work together. Maybe sisters or brothers.

From a perspective of symbolism you can twist it all over. An example:
Luffy could be the Sun, Ace passed down the Sun to Luffy. Tho Sabo has always represented the Moon as he was tied to the noble realm. Still they are a working duality because they are brothers.

I wanna take this a step further:
-Blackbeard could also represent a Sun because in the far distance a Black Hole will shine bright through the energy it consumes and emmits. (Thats often the case when they consume stars).
Eg: Blackbeard was shining brighter than Ace.
Blackbearf is still a D who inheritef the will of D and Blackbeard would favour taking the throne from Imu.
Imu, who represent the moon (Umi/Tides) could also pass his will onto Blackbeard or like in my theory, Imu possessing Blackbeard because Imu needs a new body to prolong their life. Take it witha grain of salt its my headcanon. XD

But yeah the Sun/Moon reference is a duality but everything that is healthy is disrupted in the One Piece world, so Sun and Moon currently are not a duality and they conflict each other.

My point is flexible and moon could be either Imu, Enel, or Blackbeard depending on the perspective.

But we talk about the "current" Moon God? There is a self declared god/king in Mary Geoise and people already speculate this villain to mirror Kaguya from Naruto. Coincidence? I think no, its conceptual. It has to make sense in the end so that is one of the nearest answers.

Anyway I believe we will for sure get some stuff about it in future and Oda is recently playing alot with symbolism, metaphors and etc, he will continue and we will find more clues with each new chapter^^

Sry for the typos, mobile is nagging my life recently :(