General & Others Who is The Most Replaceable Member in SHC?

Who is The Most Replaceable Member in SHC?

• Luffy

• Zoro

• Nami

• Usopp

• Sanji

• Chopper

• Robin

• Franky

• Brook

• Jinbei

• NO ONE

Results are only viewable after voting.
M

MD Zolo

I am an avid Zoro fan, but I have to agree that Zoro is definitely the most replaceable member of the SH pirates. Let's see what purpose each crew member fulfills:

1. Nami: Navigator, probably the most important component of a crew.
  2. Ussop: Sniper, technology manager and spare shipright. He was the one who kept repairing the Merry Go when it was getting damaged repeatedly. I will put him as the sixth most important component of the crew.
  3. Sanji: Cook, probably the second most important component of a crew.
  4. Chopper: Doctor, normally he would be the third most important person in the crew, but I will put him at fourth.
  5. Robin: Archeologist, not useful in a pirate crew, but seeing as how Luffy's goal overlaps with Robin's, and seeing how Robin is an one-of-a-kind scholar, she is the third most important component of the crew.
  6. Franky: Shipright, obviously he is also very important to the crew. I will put him at fifth (only because Ussop the spare shipright is present in the crew).
  7. Brook: Musician, well...he is not all that useful. But he serves a purpose of providing entertainment for the crew. But he appears to be excellent in espionage. His combat abilities are also very good. Let's put him at eighth.
  8. Jinbei: Helmsman, I don't think Jinbei belongs to SHC. But Oda has created a purpose for him and touted how lack of good Helmsman was a significant issue. But since the SH pirates managed without him before, I put him at seventh.
Now, let's look at Zoro. He is the swordsman of the crew. A crew can function without a swordsman. His contribution to the crew appears to be:
  1. Combat
  2. Support to the captain
Now, Nami and Sanji has also acted as support to the Captain too. Combat doesn't make him an indispensable part of the crew either, specially in a crew where Luffy, Jinbei and Sanji exists.

So, ultimately, Zoro is the most replaceable SH pirate. He doesn't share any link to the final goal (Laugh Tale/Changing the world) and he doesn't contribute any skills to the crew.

Now, what does that mean? Well....nothing. Luffy and Zoro are the founding members of SH pirates. The crew was formed when Zoro agreed to join Luffy. The other characters came with the intent to fulfill some specific purposes (except Robin, who is a stowaway).

So, is Zoro needed in the SH pirate crew? No. But, there is no SH pirates without Zoro. Others came because Luffy and Zoro founded the crew to begin with.

This should be the takeaway from this.

Leaving the "strength" quality out of the equation the following Straw hats are replaceable in the following orders. (irreplaceable 1 - 9 replaceable).

1. Zoro - too many VC situations in order for a crew to be successful there needs to be crew members or a single member capable of telling the Captain when he/she is wrong and keeping them on the straight and narrow
* One situation in particular is Usopp re-joining the crew and Zoro having to explain to the crew why it is important to respect the captain or they won't last.

2. Nami - Since the captain of the SH's cannot navigate, ironically he got one of the best in the world, this person is key.

3. Sanji - Being the cook nutrition is highly important while on the seas, they've experienced this from Johnny and Yosaku suffering from scurvy

4. Tony Tony Chopper - Being the doctor is very helpful and truly essential since the SH's do a lot of traveling if they are injured/impaired/wounded in order to continue their adventures they will need to be in tip top shape.

5. Franky - Shipwright is truly needed to keep the ship going from Island to Island without the Shipwright the ship will eventually fall apart and no last — there are shipwrights at other islands, but having one as a crew member is effective

6. Nico Robin - As an Archeologist she is very informed and provides a lot of knowledge to the crew making them aware of the World, another benefit to Robin is being capable of reading poneglyph's so far besides being a World building aspect it hasn't helped much towards the SH's.

7. Usopp - being the backup to Franky as a shipwright he is not truly essential, Usopp does have his factory which he manages to create gadgets for Nami and himself besides that not much else.

8. Brook - As a musician, he keeps the moral boost with his music

9. Jinbe - Helmsman this position, was handled by Brook, Franky, & Usopp position isn't a necessity.

If it weren't for Robins Oharan scholarship, definitely her.

I'm afraid it has to be Usopp or Brook - sniping and music aren't an integral part of navigating the world. Even if Usopp and Brook are ridiculously talented in that regard, you can find other snipers and musicians. The likes of Luffy, Zoro, Jinbe and Sanji are too powerful to lose

Franky is an absolute necessity for the ship
Chopper is essential for the crews health and wellbeing
Robin is an absolute necessity due to her ability to read the poneglyphs

It's Usopp or Brook

Chopper
i bet even Marco who was looking for a doctor in MF is a better doctor
now that u mention it, he was indeed looking for a doctor to check up on ace lmao 😂 i like the intelligent marco's style better tho
Post automatically merged:

If it weren't for Robins Oharan scholarship, definitely her.

I'm afraid it has to be Usopp or Brook - sniping and music aren't an integral part of navigating the world. Even if Usopp and Brook are ridiculously talented in that regard, you can find other snipers and musicians. The likes of Luffy, Zoro, Jinbe and Sanji are too powerful to lose

Franky is an absolute necessity for the ship
Chopper is essential for the crews health and wellbeing
Robin is an absolute necessity due to her ability to read the poneglyphs

It's Usopp or Brook
ur absolutely correct, but imo thats maybe the reason oda gave usopp and brook some key moments like sniping spandam, sugar for usopp, and wci's mvp for brook

nami sanji chooper brook jinbe franky ussop al their job replaceable
Robin is not cuz she can read ponglyph and till now luffy cant read it by himself .
zoro is cuz his strength and loyalty at same time , you cant find a strong person who his power rival the captain with that much of loyalty , cuz he will betray you and or take the captain place