Questions & Mysteries Who is your favorite JoJo?

Favourite JoJo

• Total voters
I am currently reading Steel Ball Run and I think it has a great potential. I think it will be my favorite part when I will finish it.

So far to me part 4 is the best but the best JoJo is Joseph Joestar.

And you guys, who is your favorite Jojo?

EDIT: There is a typo in the poll: "Josuke Higashikata part 7" is supposed to be "Josuke Higashikata part 4"

@Jiihad can you fix it, please?

Last edited:
I still need to start reading the fifth series, thus far Joseph Jestar is my favourite: he is charismatic, funny, a fighting genius but what baffle me the most is how unpredictable he is; while reading, every time he managed to amaze me in a new way exceeding all my expectations and going beyond all my predictions.
Not to forget is that he's one of the few characters who are able to ridicule themselves and while doing that becoming even cooler than before, both as a young and as an old man he is protagonist of the funniest gags of the whole story.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I stopped at part 5 so I don't know the next JoJos but from the 5 first parts Joseph is my fav. The guy is insane and brings life every moment he appears.

I have a problem with Giorno : he is not straight up bad but for me he doesn't have that much charisma. His personality, his relationships with other member of the cast etc. And for me he was overshadowed by the other members who were exceptional in part 5 : Bucciarati, Abbacchio, Narancia, Mista (!) and Fugo (best character).

S

Shuyaku

I have a problem with Giorno : he is not straight up bad but for me he doesn't have that much charisma. His personality, his relationships with other member of the cast etc. And for me he was overshadowed by the other members who were exceptional in part 5 : Bucciarati, Abbacchio, Narancia, Mista (!) and Fugo (best character).
Fugo and Abbachio feel completely useless compared to Giorno. Fugo even leaves the gang at a crucial point. Imo only Buccellati can compete with Giorno.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Fugo and Abbachio feel completely useless compared to Giorno. Fugo even leaves the gang at a crucial point. Imo only Buccellati can compete with Giorno.
I don't disagree with that point, Giorno did more to beat the bad guys than the others. But the others seem more fleshed than him. Giorno always has a boring look, too much seriousness, even his background doesn't interest me much.

I prefer the other stands, the other personalities, the others fights etc. Fugo leaving was something I didn't expect and something that made him a good character because a not generic one.
Mista was awesome too. His first fight vs Kraft work. Narancia fights vs talking head or little feet were quite something too.

All in all Giorno didn't interested me much as a protagonist.
Post automatically merged:

Let’s say someone was desperately trying to get into JoJo but was intimated by the sheer volume of series/characters/plot lines...where would y’all recommend someone like that start? Asking for a friend...named...Mew D. Toy...
I began with part one : it is the beginning of the story where everything begins. And this part is not that long.
I advice you to keep going till part 2 even if you are not a huge fan of part 1. It worth it.

Last edited:
I've finished Steel Ball Run, it's my favorite part but Joseph Joestar still remains the best Jojo to me.
You can read Steel Ball Run without any prior knowledge of the previous series.

In Vento Aureo/Golden Wind I hate that all La Squadra members were introduced suddenly and all at once. I hadn't the time to be used to them, they brought all of them in the cast in only one episode.
While in Stardust Crusaders every member had a special episode dedicated and I was already used to him when he was about to join the main cast.
Also Giorno is quite a bland character, but not in the Jotaro way, Jotaro at least is cool while Giorno not even that.

Anyway, here are my rankings

Best Jojo (I still have to read part 8 Jojolion):
1) Joseph Joestar
2) Josuke Higashikata
3) Jotaro Kujo (Jotaro vs D'Arby senior is one of my favorites fights)
4) Jonathan Joestar / Johnny Joestar
6) Jolyne Kujo
7) Giorno Giovanna

Best Part:
1) Steel Ball Run
2) Diamond is Unbreakable
3) Battle Tendency / Stardust Crusaders
5) Stone Ocean / Vento Aureo
7) Phantom Blood

Best villain:
1) Yoshikage Kira
2) Funny Valentine
3) Dio Brando
4) Enrico Pucci
5) Diavolo
6) Kars (taken alone he is not that special, but in group with others Pillar Men he becomes awesome)

Best Jobro (divided by series):
Phantom Blood: Speedwagon
Battle Tendency: Rudol Von Stroheim(best Nazi ever, the only one you would like)
Stardust Crusaders: Polnareff
Diamond is Unbreakable: Rohan Kishibe (though he hates Josuke)
Vento Aureo: Mista
Stone Ocean: No remarkable Jobro, uhhmm if I have to say one, let's say Hermes
Steel Ball Run: Gyro Zeppeli

As you can see I'm really get into the Jojoverse

D

Dragomir

I strongly disagree. Each time Giorno was split up with one of the gang, they all described him as someone that was "special" to them. He always brought the best out of the gang and had swayed each one to think highly of him(even Abbacchio). You see his charisma the first time he meets Bruno. Giorno's charisma is different from his father, who is charismatic through his words, while Giorno does so with his actions.

Only Mista and Bucciarati you could make an argument for overshadowing, the rest I'd disagree.

My favorite Jojo is Giorno, followed closely by Jotaro and Josuke part 4. Joseph is actually, like at the bottom of my list, just above Jolyne.

I stopped at part 5 so I don't know the next JoJos but from the 5 first parts Joseph is my fav. The guy is insane and brings life every moment he appears.

Yeah, i agree. Except for Fugo being the best character of part 5, the best one is clearly Mista :finally:

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Yeah, i agree. Except for Fugo being the best character of part 5, the best one is clearly Mista :finally:
I can't blame you Mista is my solid top two. Mista first fight against Kraft work was what really hype me in this part 5.

But Fugo move to not follow the band was really awesome and show that it is not a typical MC, and Purple Haze firt appearance was so scary and awesome.