Questions & Mysteries Who is Zoro's final opponent?

Who's the strongest swordsman who will get slashed by Zoro at series end?

• Shanks

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Kizaru

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Fujitora

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Big mom

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Samurai Ghandi (Gorosei)

Votes: 23 43.4%
  • Imu (Coz he has that sword)

• Vista

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Jack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Law

• Shiriyu

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • King

• Jack

• Ashura Douji

• Kin'emon

• Smoothie

• Cracker

• Who's who

• Brook

• Whitebeard's corpse with his Bisento with Shank's shadow

• Tashigi

• Commander Shu (the one who rusted his sword)

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Orochi

• That one other Red hair pirate with a sword

• Rayleigh and Scooper Gaban team up and together they are the WSS

• Killer

• Total voters
This isnt true. Zoro cannot be the Strongest swordsman when he is not the strongest swordsman

Mihawk is not the strongest swordsman on the planet so beating him no longer matters. In fact there's no need to even fight him at all
That is not the point! What I'm trying to say is that there's no way that Mihawk is bigger challenge for Zoro than the antagonists, otherwise this story should be only about Zoro vs Mihawk in which Mihawk is the final villain.

That is not the point! What I'm trying to say is that there's no way that Mihawk is bigger challenge for Zoro than the antagonists, otherwise this story should be only about Zoro vs Mihawk in which Mihawk is the final villain.
You said Zoro will become the Strongest swordsman quite soon.

That means that very soon Zoro will be able to defeat EVERY SINGLE SWORDSMAN ALIVE.

So what happens after that? When Zoro can beat Shanks and Big mom and Fujitora and Kizaru and all those guys very soon. What will the rest of the story be if he can do this "soon"?

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
I pose the question of the final opponent and yet the thread has nothing to do with the question I posed?

Are you reading your own posts? What is the thread about if not the question I posed?
You must be drunk.

The premise of this thread is that Either shanks or Vista or Fujitora or Big mom or Whoever the fuck is actually stronger than mihawk and so mihawk is not the strongest swordsman.

Read the OT.

So asking who is actually the strongest who Zoro will definitely beat at the end of series?

Clear enough for you
^
This is what you were asking, who the strongest opponent Zoro will beat is. You're not asking who the final opponent Zoro will face is.

When you claimed Zoro's final opponent HAS to be the strongest. I responded by asking if you were Oda's assistant. You told me to read the OP lmfao.

Either start making some sense, or lay off the henny.

H

Haoshoku

Why Blackbeard have to be Luffy final vilain? It could be Kidd who beat BB then Luffy fights Kidd for example.
That’s not guaranteed either.

Its heavily implied that we should expect BB to be a runner up to the actual final villian:
From this, its quite clear imo that the World Government is the final frontier and antagonistic force to be dealt with. Meanwhile BB is the final antagonistic force to stand in Luffy’s way before achieving his goal, but once he has...its off to the WG.

So Shiryu will be the strongest swordsman on the planet? Or is Shiryu currently the strongest swordsman on the planet?
Mihawk is the World's Strongest Swordsman currently. As it is Zoro's, a main characters, dream to surpass him, then it makes absolutely no narrative sense that it is a "fake title", or whatever gibberish people like to say about him.
If someone (and it seems to be Shiryu you're focusing on) comes along and beats him, then yes, he is the World's Strongest Swordsman.

However

Zoro's dream is still narratively, the most important thing. Just because Shiryu (in this scenario) could beat Mihawk, that does not mean everyone else could, and his title was false. No more than Zoro beating Mihawk would suddenly make Mihawk's title worthless. It just means that there's another character, ahead of Zoro, who's better than every other swordsman, and it then becomes that guy Zoro has to surpass.

who the strongest opponent Zoro will beat is. You're not asking who the final opponent Zoro will face is.
What the literal fuck are you on?

You actually believe Zoro's final opponent is not going to be the strongest opponent he's ever faced?

Well shit you should just make a whole other thread for that because I was writing under the assumption that this is common sense for a lot of people

Mihawk is the World's Strongest Swordsman currently. As it is Zoro's, a main characters, dream to surpass him, then it makes absolutely no narrative sense that it is a "fake title", or whatever gibberish people like to say about him.
If someone (and it seems to be Shiryu you're focusing on) comes along and beats him, then yes, he is the World's Strongest Swordsman.

However

Zoro's dream is still narratively, the most important thing. Just because Shiryu (in this scenario) could beat Mihawk, that does not mean everyone else could, and his title was false. No more than Zoro beating Mihawk would suddenly make Mihawk's title worthless. It just means that there's another character, ahead of Zoro, who's better than every other swordsman, and it then becomes that guy Zoro has to surpass.
So that's a yes, Shiryu will be the person who can defeat every single swordsman I just listed in that poll and that's the guy Zoro will fight.

Imagine Zoro becomes the strongest swordsman on the planet and then fights some other swordsman when we know he's already stronger than ALL OF THEM

Now that is trash tier writing
WHAT!!! So being the peak of swordmanship you must not fight any other swordman and must avoid fighting because you know you are stronger than them.

Zoro : I challenge you to diel for WSS
Mihawk : No, im stronger than you so there is no need to fight you.

No wonder he can keep his title, he always avoid fight.

:gokulaugh:

WHAT!!! So being the peak of swordmanship you must not fight any other swordman and must avoid fighting because you know you are stronger than them.

Zoro : I challenge you to diel for WSS
Mihawk : No, im stronger than you so there is no need to fight you.

No wonder he can keep his title, he always avoid fight.

:gokulaugh:
This is a shonen isn't it?

Like when Luffy beats Katakuri, a first commander, DO YOU EXPECT HIM TO FIGHT ANOTHER ONE? Like Luffy can't probably still go high diff with Marco or King but DO YOU EXPECT ODA TO DO THIS? Like in Oda's mind he's thinking that Luffy fighting another first commander can carry the same dramatic weight anymore when he's beaten one already?

Like the rules of Dramatic shonen storyelling work in specific ways right? Like how can Zoro final fight have less tension than the fights before it? How does that work? Zoro has fought someone stronger than the guy he's figthing at the end?

Also Mihawk isn't a protagonist. He's an antagonist. You're entire thing doesn't work when you're talking about antagonists.

Well that's quite a statement. Sure
Not really. If you can believe that Blackbeard is going to end up the strongest character in the series that Luffy will face, his strongest subordinate becoming the strongest swordsman that Zoro will face as well shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Roger had Ray, Whitebeard had Oden, Luffy has Zoro, Blackbeard should have a guy at least in the same league.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
What the literal fuck are you on?

You actually believe Zoro's final opponent is not going to be the strongest opponent he's ever faced?
No way to tell, there are unlimited ways to go about this.

1.Someone defeats Mihawk, Zoro defeats them as his final opponent. (final opponent is strongest)
2.Zoro defeats Mihawk, someone else was stronger or grew stronger (final opponent is strongest)
3.Zoro fights Mihawk defeats him, his next battle he is nerfed or is in a clear disadvantaged situation. (final opponent is not the strongest, circumstances just allow the fight to have tension regardless)
4. Zoro flexes on an inferior opponent to show off how he now stands at the top. Has Zoro not flexed on characters before to show off his strength? Or is there a rule that after you fight an opponent you can never cross blades with someone inferior? (final opponent is not the strongest)

So yea, far from a foregone conclusion either way. I'll ask again, do you work with Oda? You sound like this stuff is written in stone.

1.Someone defeats Mihawk, Zoro defeats them as his final opponent. (final opponent is strongest)
2.Zoro defeats Mihawk, someone else was stronger or grew stronger (final opponent is strongest)
3.Zoro fights Mihawk defeats him, his next battle he is nerfed or is in a clear disadvantaged situation. (final opponent is not the strongest, circumstances just allow the fight to have tension regardless)
4. Zoro flexes on an inferior opponent to show off how he now stands at the top. Has Zoro not flexed on characters before to show off his strength? Or is there a rule that after you fight an opponent you can never cross blades with someone inferior? (Does not face his strongest opponent to end the series)

So yea, far from a foregone conclusion either way. I'll ask again, do you work with Oda? You sound like this stuff is written in stone.
One idea I've toyed with is Zoro beats Mihawk, then Shiryu is a little shit, kills an already wounded Mihawk and proclaims himself WSS.

And Zoro's final fight is him proving Shiryu wrong.

4. Zoro flexes on an inferior opponent to show off how he now stands at the top. Has Zoro not flexed on characters before to show off his strength? Or is there a rule that after you fight an opponent you can never cross blades with someone inferior? (Does not face his strongest opponent to end the series)

Like I said, you should just make your own thread about Zoro's final opponent not being the actual strongest swordsman at the time. Like it's a free forum. I just assumed everyone understood that I'm talking about the person Zoro will face to become strongest swordsman. Like I literally begin the fuckin OT by saying "Mihawk isn't the strongest according to some people" so it seems damn obvious that's what we are that talking about

I never considered that the last chapter will be Zoro cutting up random fodder marines AND THEN WE COUNT SAID FODDER AS HIS FINAL OPPONENT. Wow. You got me there. I did not account for Fodder indeed