General & Others Who still thinks Zoro surpasses Oden this arc ?

Would Zoro defeat Oden in 1 vs 1 combat at the end of Wano ?

• Total voters
This statement is life support to a certain argument. Nevermind that on the exact same page Zoro is just like oh I'll do it too then I guess.
*BEBEN*
reductionist POV here..

zoro was astounded at how Oden could casually have this much haki sucked.

but he intends to die trying if it means to replicate that standard..

don't spin your simplistic bias interpretations on this mate.

Oden could control Enma casually, while Zoro didn't even know how to do so- and it's only this chapter where he manages to finally tame it and the powers of channeling that come with it, with us the readers learning that up until now it was mostly a hindrance and actively very hard to keep under control.

Does that mean he's at Oden's level? Honestly, just depends on what's your perspective of Oden's level is.

But what's set in stone is the narrative given us to us which well let us know when Zoro will surpass Oden. Zoro's progression towards Oden's level and beyond is dictated by Oden's very sword, and there's only one thing Oden, himself, was not able to do:

It's the narrative set between Oden and Zoro in particular, because Enma represents the climb, controlling Enma represents doing bare minimum of what Oden could always do, and turning it into black represents surpassing him to the narrative these portrayals have set. Does this also mean Zoro will surpass Shanks or whoever doesn't have black blade? No lol.

The narrative given to us binds these two characters with this sword, not every swordsman out there.

B

Ballel

Zoro has Enma for a week at this point? something like that? and people expect him to use it as well as some dude who spent decades using it?

give me a break
Oden had Enma since his childhood and we learned that a user needs time to get accustomed to a sword. It's only natural that Zoro needs that time.

Oden was a natural freak who tamed Enma as a child and established his power level for years, with Kaido putting him next to Shanks, Roger, Whitebeard and Xebec. He was solid Yonko level at his prime. Zoro attaining Haoshoku coating and beating King will no make him Oden level.

You know One Piece at at its apex and we're reaching the levels where in 2 arcs Zoro might as well be WSS.

What's your stance on whether he's getting Enma as black blade or not by EoW?
i think we have over 3 arcs left at most..

if he blackens enma i hope it has good basis to it.. I'm not in disagreement with it but atm zoro is struggling to get a hold of it even..

with that in mind i think it'd take about 1 arc atleast to blacken a blade and he has just started using acoc if he suddenly blackens it it'd be lame it atleast 1 arc for it to make sense for me.

Ryuma blackened it through countless battles with the blade.. but that's still vague.. and if i take with what's said for face value then the most experienced blade he has should be blacked which should still make more sense than enma getting blacked..

With this recent development i would like if enma is the last blade to get blackened since it requires more than any other blade to be wielded.. it'd show alot from how Rouge the blade was to serving its master as a black blade

• Zoro won't even see Kaido
  • Zoro won't get CoC
  • Zoro won't be on the Roof
  • Zoro won't fight Kaido
  • Zoro won't reopen the wound or make a new one
  • Zoro won't get AdCoC
  • Zoro won't fight anyone after he got bones broken
  • Zoro won't tame Enma
  • Zoro won't fight anyone after King
  • ZKK won't happen
  • Zoro won't Blacken Enma in Wano
  • Zoro won't surpass Oden in Wano
Did I miss any and how many of these 12 have happened already?:cantseeme:

B

Ballel

• Zoro won't get CoC
  • Zoro won't fight Kaido
  • Zoro won't get AdCoC
  • Zoro won't tame Enma
  • Zoro fight anyone after King
  • ZKK won't happen
  • Zoro won't Blacken Enma
:steef:Zoro is getting good treatment by Oda and people need to understand this. Always bet on Zoro shining. Oda will never trash him.

i think we have over 3 arcs left at most..

if he blackens enma i hope it has good basis to it.. I'm not in disagreement with it but atm zoro is struggling to get a hold of it even..

with that in mind i think it'd take about 1 arc atleast to blacken a blade and he has just started using acoc if he suddenly blackens it it'd be lame it atleast 1 arc for it to make sense for me.

Ryuma blackened it through countless battles with the blade.. but that's still vague.. and if i take with what's said for face value then the most experienced blade he has should be blacked which should still make more sense than enma getting blacked..

With this recent development i would like if enma is the last blade to get blackened since it requires more than any other blade to be wielded.. it'd show alot from how Rouge the blade was to serving its master as a black blade
Remember, growth curve is fucking insane this arc. Dude went barrier haki on rooftop among bunch of other great feats, vaguely unlocked CoC then learned mastery mere 20 chapters after. It's even crazier with Luffy.

But either way, the surpassing point will be that blackening. If it isn't meant to be this arc, then that's won't happen this arc.

B

Ballel

Remember, growth curve is fucking insane this arc. Dude went barrier haki on rooftop among bunch of other great feats, vaguely unlocked CoC then learned mastery mere 20 chapters after. It's even crazier with Luffy.

But either way, the surpassing point will be that blackening. If it isn't meant to be this arc, then that's won't happen this arc.
Ooooh I'm so hyped :steef:

yea an I'll have to suck it up if it happenes and swallow it somehow... hopefully oda eases the process with good justification

:seriously:unless you believe Zoro is already on same pedestal as Rocks pirates, Shanks and Roger

Zoro isn't even near Luffy but yeah "he's near or equal to Oden, he will surpass him this arc if he gets black blade "
No, his pedestal aren't those pirates. His is Ryuma. The samurai or swordsman from Wano who they called a sword god because of his immense powerful. Not even Oden has been compared to him. Ryuma was so strong he could cut down any opponent in an instant. Ryuma protected Wano from all outsiders including the government like a Yonko protect their territory but Ryuma achieved it without the help of a powerful crew.

Yes, Zoro is near or on Luffy's level.

Last edited:
I

Indigo

• Zoro won't get CoC
  • Zoro won't fight Kaido
  • Zoro won't get AdCoC
  • Zoro won't tame Enma
  • Zoro won't fight anyone after King
  • ZKK won't happen
  • Zoro won't Blacken Enma in Wano
Zoro won't kill Kaido

:myman:

Edit: nvm, just saw ZKK there

whatever, more ZKK hype

:steef:

Oden could control Enma casually, while Zoro didn't even know how to do so- and it's only this chapter where he manages to finally tame it and the powers of channeling that come with it, with us the readers learning that up until now it was mostly a hindrance and actively very hard to keep under control.

Does that mean he's at Oden's level? Honestly, just depends on what's your perspective of Oden's level is.

But what's set in stone is the narrative given us to us which well let us know when Zoro will surpass Oden. Zoro's progression towards Oden's level and beyond is dictated by Oden's very sword, and there's only one thing Oden, himself, was not able to do:

It's the narrative set between Oden and Zoro in particular, because Enma represents the climb, controlling Enma represents doing bare minimum of what Oden could always do, and turning it into black represents surpassing him to the narrative these portrayals have set. Does this also mean Zoro will surpass Shanks or whoever doesn't have black blade? No lol.

The narrative given to us binds these two characters with this sword, not every swordsman out there.
:kata: By the way I think that Zoro will get it at less 1 blade in this arc because let be honest soon we are entering the final stage of this manga. Black beard + crew vs Luffy&Co and then against the world government.
So Zoro in term of narrative doesnt have that many moment to achive this trait, but at the end he will have all 3 blade blacken.
The thing is that blackening Enma outside Wano wound t have the same impact than doing in front of the people that knew about this blade. This will reinforce also Zoro own legacy in Wano and his name will come closer to heaven in term of popularity.