Questions & Mysteries Who was a better villain. Doflamingo or Kaido

Best one piece villain?

• Donflamigo

• Kaido

Results are only viewable after voting.
Doffy was a seinen villain in a shonen manga. He was smart, calculating, manipulative, charismatic. When it came to his relationship with Viola, Oda even said there were a lot of "adult themed" stuff he couldn't mention because it was a kid's manga.

Kaido probably appeals to a younger demographic who likes more upfront DBZ-style confrontations.
I think the anime definitely does a good job with Kaido. Watching anime in continuity makes more of an impact

I'm not even sure Kaido counts as a proper villain.

He is just ... something.

A random, strong dude that took a job offer from Orochi and helped keeping up the enslavery of a country.

Besides that he lacks everything a proper villain needs. His own motivations etc. are still very blurry/questionable.
That makes him mysterious
:cheers:

Kaido is the most dogshit character/villain I’ve ever read in a manga, whereas Doflamingo was one of the better written villains I’ve seen.

Doffy on the S-F scale is a solid A tier, Kaido is a D- if I’m being generous.
D- is really generous imho.

It says a lot when you're supposed to be the main villain of the arc and Orochi of all people steals the spotlight in every single villain aspect outside the "individual fighting power" category.

Kaido had op brute strength........and that's all. No character depth, no intellegence, no real motive, no interesting dialog, no interesting back story, no great quotes, etc... Whereas, Doffy had all that in droves.

Doffy is the best OP Villian written thus far. Kaido and Big Meme were overpowered but just caricatures. Kaido the thuggish brute and Big Mom the selfish glutton. Doffy and Crocodile were way better written.

I don't hate Wano, but it could and should have been better than what it was.

I did not like both.

I had far more expectations of doffy though with regards to his importance in one piece world tbh. But he was just a wapol type fodder villain in the end with not much big ambition like crocodile. And oda just using him to say some dialogues now... Monets last speech about him turned out to be BS.

Kaido... Just was a obstacle to elevate luffy to yonko level that's all. Well we can say yonko themselves turned out to be that. They were not important villains for the story but just power obstacle for others

Depends on how you view a villain. For people who like the scheming, intelligent mastermind type of villain they will go for Doffy. Kaido is completely different from this even though he is not a dumb brute but his strength (WSC) is just too overbearing on other aspects. Personally I prefer Kaido over Doffy as a villain. The guy is just a force of nature, has little to no morals at all from, he has no issue killing or torturing his young daughter, killing thousands of civilians, is willing to start the greatest war because he is bored. And then there is the fact that Doffy himself has no issue challenging Admirals but shits his pants on the thought of angering Kaido. If you look at the whole saga uptil Wano it is set up because of Kaido.