Who will kick One Piece from Top 3 position next year?

Who will take the bronze medal from One Piece?

• Total voters
The anime was gorgeous visually, also the anime made people like the manga, which made people buy the series from the start, it was an influx of purchases from the older volumes that put it ahead, but one piece's newest volume sold more than demon slayer's newest. Essentially it was the influx of people getting into the series and buying older volumes.
All of KnY's volumes sold more than One Piece's newest volumes.
Literally every one. In multiple cases by double the amount lol.

KnY's primarily loved for its very endearing characters and the emotional weight they and the story carry. This is supported by its culturally relevant Taishō setting and the personal and relatable themes of the story. That's what tons of the reports in Japan have found in questioning the public for why they love it so much. That's also why it has a much wider audience than your average shonen. In tune with its themes, it's common for everyone in the family to read KnY. From grand parents to primary school kids.

Emotions are subjective though. Some that don't happen to be affected by KnY in the way that most are will continue to not understand why the series is so beloved. Or they'd attempt to simplify things down to a single factor like claiming that animation's the sole reason people want to buy a manga. As if not even acknowledging that there's no animation in manga.

Ironically, this is all happening right in the middle of OP's Wano arc. Oda's own traditional Japanese arc with swordsmen, Japanese mythology and beasts. An arc that had huge hype behind it and was promised as the greatest arc since Marineford by Oda and his editors themselves. Despite all this, not only did OP's sales not increase, they actually dropped.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I think the ending of the Wano war, not the arc but the ending of the war will be a big factor when it comes to the sales.

I can seriously see Kingdom, JJK +someone pushing off One Piece from the top 3.

I thought that this is impossible but after witnessing Oricon's sales chart and shit. No wonder no one buys this. Wano arc sucks dudong's cock.

Wait, do you guys actually use the sales of one piece to claim it's the best manga/anime? That's a logical fallacy homie. One PIece is the best selling by far clearly, but like, it's not even in my top 20 anime and I'm not even like a full on otaku who watches seasonal anime when they air outside of a few.

if you are indeed the guy on your profile picture, then i am pretty sure you are otaku
Cosplay is fun homie, show up to cons, meet cute boys and girls who have impeccable cosplay, make tons of friends, meet up with friends from out of town, go to a restaurant in full cosplay nearby, maybe get laid by a cute weeb or your girlfriend/boyfriend who is from out of town, take tons of pics of people, some people get white girl wasted (hands off those people, that's rapey, but they're living their best life), hang out with tons of rad people, play some party games in the tabletop gaming section (like secret hitler and stuff like that), meet people who are cosplaying the same series and take in character pictures/videos, play some taiko drums, arcade games, and fighting games with friends in the video game room, buy some cool merch, go the rave to and hug people you just met 20 minutes ago as you treat each other like you're amazing friends (maybe even become amazing friends), vibe out with a tien cosplayer as a kingdom hearts remix plays and everyone sings in unison "simple and sweet as the way that you're making me feel, tonight, it's hard, to let go", etc.

Cons are literally like, amazing. I'd rather go to a con than any club or house party. Even if I didn't like anime, I'd still vibe hard in video game or tv show cosplay just to experience how amazing it is. The only issue with them really are that they're cancelled cuz of corona (wouldn't go anyway for my safety and the safety of my loved ones), thot patrol is super cringe and creepy, and the post con depression after you realize it's over.

Otaku is straight like nux, gigguk, neckbeards, etc, I'm between that and like, the people who watch naruto and mha only. I'm mid tier: not a social degenerate, but not a guy who passively liked season 1 of attack on titan but never continued it because of other priorities.

Not someone who keeps up with all the seasonal anime, but I do watch a few series a year and keep caught up with bungou stray dogs and one piece's mangas.

Cosplay is fun homie, show up to cons, meet cute boys and girls who have impeccable cosplay, make tons of friends, meet up with friends from out of town, go to a restaurant in full cosplay nearby, maybe get laid by a cute weeb or your girlfriend/boyfriend who is from out of town, take tons of pics of people, some people get white girl wasted (hands off those people, that's rapey, but they're living their best life), hang out with tons of rad people, play some party games in the tabletop gaming section (like secret hitler and stuff like that), meet people who are cosplaying the same series and take in character pictures/videos, play some taiko drums, arcade games, and fighting games with friends in the video game room, buy some cool merch, go the rave to and hug people you just met 20 minutes ago as you treat each other like you're amazing friends (maybe even become amazing friends), vibe out with a tien cosplayer as a kingdom hearts remix plays and everyone sings in unison "simple and sweet as the way that you're making me feel, tonight, it's hard, to let go", etc.

Cons are literally like, amazing. I'd rather go to a con than any club or house party. Even if I didn't like anime, I'd still vibe hard in video game or tv show cosplay just to experience how amazing it is. The only issue with them really are that they're cancelled cuz of corona (wouldn't go anyway for my safety and the safety of my loved ones), thot patrol is super cringe and creepy, and the post con depression after you realize it's over.
no hard feelings but this is something that an otaku would say lol

no hard feelings but this is something that an otaku would say lol
Weeb/Otaku is an extreme of anime obsession.

I call myself a weeb all my time, but based on the actual terminology, I'm nowhere near it, unless "likes anime" is enough to be weeb trash now.
Post automatically merged:

One Piece is trash though, so boring that readers would rather spend their time arguing on who's stronger between Zoro the cuck and Sanji the simp.

Better question would be, does it really matter who's the top 3? does it really?
I mean it matters in a basic sense. I wish GinTama was more successful so that it could have got more focus, merch, products, and Sorachi could be rolling in cash money rn. At some point a products quality goes down or the product stops existing if it's not successful enough, and at some point a product has more money thrown at it's success if its a top popularity.

Weeb/Otaku is an extreme of anime obsession.

I call myself a weeb all my time, but based on the actual terminology, I'm nowhere near it, unless "likes anime" is enough to be weeb trash now.
Post automatically merged:

I mean it matters in a basic sense. I wish GinTama was more successful so that it could have got more focus, merch, products, and Sorachi could be rolling in cash money rn. At some point a products quality goes down or the product stops existing if it's not successful enough, and at some point a product has more money thrown at it's success if its a top popularity.
The longer they last, the higher risk it becomes stale and boring, I much rather have it end before it becomes nothing more than a cash grab.

The longer they last, the higher risk it becomes stale and boring, I much rather have it end before it becomes nothing more than a cash grab.
For most series they get worse and boring, but GinTama became better the further he got into the series, because he only got better at writing characters, comedy, and action, and as long as those 3 things stay strong and even improve, and as long as you keep world building, a world can last a long time.

I have no idea why Demon Slayer is so popular. Looks like another run off the mill shonen to me.
Many people in Japan really like it, the series involves both a family theme and Japanese mythology and from what I've read from other people those are just two examples of why people in Japan like the series.

Many people in the west keep wondering why Demon Slayer is so popular and will always bring up the anime as an excuse for the reason, and while I do believe the anime did help a lot for it's success however from what I can tell there are other reasons why people in Japan like the series. The culture, the religion, the mythology, the theme of family, and they seem to really enjoy the characters and the action as well.

Overall there are different reasons why it's so popular and why many in Japan really like it, the manga just seem to fit more for the people in Japan than for those in the west. I personally enjoyed Demon Slayer and while I don't think it's the best, I'm still happy for the success of the mangaka. To me those who keep saying stuff like it doesn't deserve the success are just those who seem to be envious, also I don't expect the popularity of Demon Slayer ending anytime soon especially when the anime gets a second season.

Last edited:
Many people in Japan really like it, the series involves both a family theme and Japanese mythology and from what I've read from other people those are just two examples of why people in Japan like the series.

Many people in the west keep wondering why Demon Slayer is so popular and will always bring up the anime as an excuse for the reason, and while I do believe the anime did help a lot for it's success however from what I can tell there are other reasons why people in Japan like the series. The culture, the religion, the mythology, the theme of family, and they seem to really enjoy the characters and the action as well.

Overall there are different reasons why it's so popular and why many in Japan really like it, the manga just seem to fit more for the people in Japan than for those in the west. I personally enjoyed Demon Slayer and while I don't think it's the best, I'm still happy for the success of the mangaka. To me those who keep saying stuff like it doesn't deserve the success are just those who seem to be envious, also I don't expect the popularity of Demon Slayer ending anytime soon especially when the anime gets a second season.
I mean I don't think anyone here is going "demon slayer sucks, it's only popular cuz of....."

I haven't personally watched it, but from an outward look, it's a good series that suddenly got popular (which has nothing to do with quality) cuz of the anime, and how gorgeous the animation is for said anime. Like attack on titan was good before it became an anime, but the anime blew up it's popularity.

Like only more casual anime viewers consider one peice or something to be the genuine best series, we're talking about sales and stuff though.

How are we envious though? Do I secretly want to be a super successful japanese manga series or something? Being a mangaka is a horrible lifestyle tbh, even as a successful one. You devote your life pretty much to it, including the family life that demon slayer apparently hits on.

Isn't demon slayer's manga ending? Most anime only are like 1-2 seasons before they end, then the mangaka goes on to another series.