Questions & Mysteries Who will Luffy end up with?

Who is it gonna be?

• Nami

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Boa Hancock

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Vivi

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Marguerite

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Freedom

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Rebecca

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shirahoshi

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Zoro

Votes: 8 14.0%

• Total voters
He is gonna grant Kaido's dream by creating the biggest war. Luffy's death isnt gonna happen.
What about the 10 year that has been taken of his lifespan? And gear 2 surely took a lot of his lifespan too. Oda didn't do that for nothing. Gol d Roger, Whitebeard, Ryuma, Rocks D Xebek, Kozuki Oden all have died great deaths and are still talked about in the one piece world. I don't think luffys gonna end up forgotten like rayleigh.

N

Noctis

One Piece manga targeting younger generation or not, I don't think it's logically make sense for adventure obsessed Luffy to settle down at one island and have a family of his own. There is no requirement that pirate crews must be disband after achieving their goal, Roger was special case cause his disease and even then he at least sailed for 20+ years

Also while I really love Luffy x Vivi, I don't really consider that something that will come true, infact I don't think any ship will actually happen and one piece will end with no one getting married. Open to reader interpretation what they want to think.

B

Ballel

One Piece manga targeting younger generation or not, I don't think it's logically make sense for adventure obsessed Luffy to settle down at one island and have a family of his own. There is no requirement that pirate crews must be disband after achieving their goal, Roger was special case cause his disease and even then he at least sailed for 20+ years

Also while I really love Luffy x Vivi, I don't really consider that something that will come true, infact I don't think any ship will actually happen and one piece will end with no one getting married. Open to reader interpretation what they want to think.
The only eos ship that will definitely happen is UsoppxKaya

What about the 10 year that has been taken of his lifespan? And gear 2 surely took a lot of his lifespan too. Oda didn't do that for nothing.
No, Oda did that to add tension in the arc. Like Lucci saying you cant use gear 2 that freely it hurts you or Luffy gives up 10 years of his life just for to make Luffy's comeback more satisfying. Oda is not making Luffy die some cheap side effects.

If you want in universe answer then i can tell you that Luffy will live until he is 80 so it doesnt matter and gear 2 takes little of his life. Considering that he is using Gear 2 freely and i dont think gear 2 is that taking Luffy's life anymore (never mentioned again in the story).

Gol d Roger, Whitebeard, Ryuma, Rocks D Xebek, Kozuki Oden all have died great deaths and are still talked about in the one piece world. I don't think luffys gonna end up forgotten like rayleigh.
Rayleigh isnt forgotten. He has his name in every book and Marines are still fearing him at this age.

Other than that Luffy is gonna do what they cant do and he will bring down the World Goverment. I dont think he is gonna dying after bringing down the WG. Also Chopper's arc goes to waste if Luffy dies remember that too.