Chapter Discussion Who's the person Vegapunk is referring to?

I had the impression that he was referring to Nika/Joyboy.
- That is, Vegapunk may consider that he is doing this to support the Will of D. Having said that, he may not know enough about Nika to say whether or not that what he had been doing can be considered good or evil - and to that end, whether or not the Celestial Dragons are evil or not to have risen against him.

"I don't know enough about Nika to say whether what I am fighting for really makes sense from an ethical standpoint. Was Nika a good or bad person? I can't say. I simply don't know enough about him."

Or it can be some other crap like these other people are saying.

Last edited:
Him is put in quotation marks for emphasis, so it's significant, and Vegapunk says "please do not assume that the ones who strike me down are evil", which is plural, so the "him" could be referring to Imu and the "ones" as the Gorosei/Imu's underlings in general who Imu ordered to kill him, but it would be weird for Vegapunk to even give Saturn some benefit of the doubt and not assume he's evil when he objectively is lol.

Of course this is going by TCB, the translation could just be wrong and the official might provide more clarity.