Why are people into gaming? And should I get into it?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I was wondering what the appeal of gaming is.
So many people on here talk about games and genuinely enjoy them.
And I'm just like "what's so interesting about it?!" I never got into gaming and have never in my life felt that I am missing out on something if I don't play games.

Can any of you try to explain the appeal of gaming to me? What do you personally enjoy about it?

And if I were to start getting into gaming, what game would you reccomend me to try first?
Maybe I AM really missing out on something?

Just so that no one misunderstands me: I'm not bashing gamers, I have genuine interest in the reasons you guys have for being into games. Maybe I want to try it too.
I like music, good story, open world, creating ur own character or playing already created one.

The purpose? Hmm. Killing time for sure but overall games helped me in my darkest times. Just to turn on the game and forget all the shit that's happening around me.

I like progress in games and stuff.

There is a lot of stuff I like about gaming.

I was wondering what the appeal of gaming is.
So many people on here talk about games and genuinely enjoy them.
And I'm just like "what's so interesting about it?!" I never got into gaming and have never in my life felt that I am missing out on something if I don't play games.

Can any of you try to explain the appeal of gaming to me? What do you personally enjoy about it?

And if I were to start getting into gaming, what game would you reccomend me to try first?
Maybe I AM really missing out on something?

Just so that no one misunderstands me: I'm not bashing gamers, I have genuine interest in the reasons you guys have for being into games. Maybe I want to try it too.
Never like story based Single mode games.
What hooked me into gaming in the past is the competetiveness (esport games) such as league of legends and csgo.
League was so addictive actually everybody I knew irl was addicted to it, and it has a very challenging ranked system that rewards you if you get better, well I played and learned many aspects of it and I got really good ( top 1% of playerbase Diamond league ) I could smash lower ranked games 1v5 ( it's a 5v5 game ), didn't sink as many hours as other players, I have a friend who played x5 my play time and still didn't get past 50% barrier ( silver ).
The game also is maintained as if fresh, every 2 weeks there is an update out with balance changes etc...
I quit it because the higher you go in rank the more toxic it become, some people may go afk in the first 5 minutes of match and literally waste time, end up quitting it because uni and stuff.

So to get this straight.
You’re a fucking Yonko pfp on anime forum that plays dead by day light and you’re calling people who game man babies and betas. You also ran a way from an IQ test.

You really are a fucking retard.
Wait let me block, goodbye fr moron. Lmao called Yonji a yonko too.

There is no easy answer to this question. Games are very diverse and appeal to people in all kinds of ways. I guess if you want to find out whether you are interested in some games or not, read about different genres, maybe look at trailers and gameplay videos to get a glimpse of some games.