Speculations Why are people so against Kidd return?

He is definitely coming back. :funky:
Post automatically merged:

What baffles me is that it took that long and him being squashed by Shanks for fans to finally realize that he was never Luffy's equal and rival.
Well, Lolda did trust Kidd to beat a Yonko, which is more of an achievement than anything Luffy's crewmembers ever done, so maybe Kidd's fans like @Roo have (or at least had) a solid reason to be confident.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I’ll be honest, he isn’t that interesting of a character for the role he should have, as one of Luffy’s peers. His powers aren’t any better.

So Kidd coming back just means more wasted ink on a character who peaked, who at best will be Law but watered down.

It’s inevitable Kidd will return, I just hope Oda uses him sparingly

he's a villain who harms civillians he should get a villain ending not a respectful one
He’s not really a villain within the context of the story.

Kid is repeatedly shown as Luffy’s ally. First in sabaody and then in Wano. While he styles himself as “Luffy’s rival”, he’s never really opposed Luffy in any significant way.

Yeah he’s a violent pirate, but this is a pirate manga. WB, Roger, and Shanks all killed people. The thing with Kid is we know the context in which he kills people. He kills those who laugh at him and oppose him.

Kid doesn’t kill civilians for the sake of it.

Kid is on the side of Nika in that he supports the pirate ideal of freedom. Hence he allied with Luffy against the CDs/WG in Sabaody and against Kaido/BM in wano. With the WG and Kaido all being oppressors.

Kid on the other hand, violent as he may be, doesn’t really oppress anyone. He just crushes weaker pirates and people who laugh at him.

The dude is weak, let's move on to better characters that actually make the plot move forward.
Most people dont think he is dead just irrelevant. And they are right. He served his purpose.
Kid is unironically a more relevant ally to Luffy than Dragon

Kid =
  • fights pacifista and marines alongside Luffy in the sabaody incident
  • Beats BM in wano
  • faces the RHP(a legit threat to the SHs) and loses on the shores of elbaf, setting him up to return next arc
Dragon = “…”

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
He’s not really a villain within the context of the story.

Kid is repeatedly shown as Luffy’s ally. First in sabaody and then in Wano. While he styles himself as “Luffy’s rival”, he’s never really opposed Luffy in any significant way.

Yeah he’s a violent pirate, but this is a pirate manga. WB, Roger, and Shanks all killed people. The thing with Kid is we know the context in which he kills people. He kills those who laugh at him and oppose him.

Kid doesn’t kill civilians for the sake of it.

Kid is on the side of Nika in that he supports the pirate ideal of freedom. Hence he allied with Luffy against the CDs/WG in Sabaody and against Kaido/BM in wano. With the WG and Kaido all being oppressors.

Kid on the other hand, violent as he may be, doesn’t really oppress anyone. He just crushes weaker pirates and people who laugh at him.
no he is a villain he harms those who cannot defend themselves and are innocent, he is antithesis to everything luffy is

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Not really

he’s the opposite of Luffy in that he’s too prideful to let go of petty grievances.

but he does share Luffy’s ideals of freedom and friendship
crucifying people and killing innocent civilians is the opposite of freedom, he's the opposite of luffy in all the worst ways similar to Blackbeard except blackbeard is for freedom way more than kidd is

Kid is unironically a more relevant ally to Luffy than Dragon

Kid =
  • fights pacifista and marines alongside Luffy in the sabaody incident
  • Beats BM in wano
  • faces the RHP(a legit threat to the SHs) and loses on the shores of elbaf, setting him up to return next arc
Dragon = “…”
No offence, but bringing up Kid and Dragon in the same sentence is retarded.

I'm not agaisnt his return but I guess

• He fucking sucks
  • He still being alive would be just another fake death that ruins the tension of the series
  • There is nothing left for him
  • He would be used as a hypetool for someone else again