Speculations Why didn’t BB take Magellan’s fruit

They weren't planning to hunt DF powers at the time.

They were just trying to escape Impel Down, and see if Blackbeard can accomplish to steal another DF power by killing a person. If Blackbeard failed to take the second DF power, he was going to explode/die and since their captain is gone, they would be disbanded.

Jinbe said they started to do that recently, to increase the power of his crew.

But if you are asking why Blackbeard didn't try to take the second DF power for himself instead of Gura, the answer is clear; Gura > Doku.

I think even Teach has a limit, and since he doesn't sleep, he has a different body. He probably has 3 DF more limit, Doku is not good enough to be one of the 3 DF powers.

Last edited:
They weren't planning to hunt DF powers at the time.

They were just trying to escape Impel Down, and see if Blackbeard can accomplish to steal another DF power by killing a person. If Blackbeard failed to take the second DF power, he was going to explode/die and since their captain is gone, they would be disbanded.

Jinbe said they started to do that recently, to increase the power of his crew.

But if you are asking why Blackbeard didn't try to take the second DF power for himself instead of Gura, the answer is clear; Gura > Doku.

I think even Teach has a limit, and since he doesn't sleep, and its twice the fun, as Shanks said. He can take 2 DF powers in comparison with a normal person, who can have 1 DF power. So 2 is Teach's limit, he used that on Yami + Gura, not on Yami + Doku.
Actually one of the issues of Doku is the time spent in the bathroom.

I'm surprised no one is mentioning this stuff, which can look mundane, but it's not in my opinion.

he wants something else
we still dont know if there's a limit on the amount of fruits he can consume.
Its not about him though, i said he couldve given it to one of his crewmates. After the skip we learn that his crew goes around killing people and stealling their fruits, so why not Magellan?
Post automatically merged:

Blackbeard only after high utility dfs. It has to have applications outside of combat for his crew
The Mera mera disagrees with you

I feel like Magellan's DF is not necessarily that broken. Yami is quite quite more broken. I would more agree on the likes of Kuma's, Law's, Enel's and certainly Sugar's.
Magellans fruits is extremely lethal to CqC fighters, which encompass quite a lot of people, Swordsmen/Brawlers make up a lot of the OP world.

Good question. They had the strenght to overcome him at such point, so I wonder why not doing so. I feel like perhaps they felt it was not the case to risk so much attention drawn to themselves, cause infiltrating a second time is not quite the same as the first time. Marine would have been more alerted overall.
I didnt mean a second time, i meant while they were leaving Impel Down they overwhelmed Magellan and beat him. why didnt they take his fruit?

He couldn't abandon getting the Gura for it, he's too meticulous to go for a new plan at random.

Burgess could have had it, but it's a shitty power to learn in the middle of MF
What? It wasnt gonna be for him but for one of his crewmates, how would he abandon the Gura by stealing it?

Because the collateral damage of poison-man Burgess would have fucked the rest of the crew, Magellan didn't want the guards to stay near him even with entire medical teams and prepared antidotes existing within Impel Down, BBP can't afford carrying antidotes all the time just for Burgess' toxic ass breath.

Magellan is stationed in Impel Down, diarrhea won't affect him as much as it would to a sailor. Magellan can freely take a shit in every level, then go fuck up whomever is infiltrating the prison. The fruit does not nerf him that much.
And the collateral damage of the Gura and Yami wont fuck the rest of the crew?

Either a lack of fruits.
Unsure if it would work.
Time was of the essence.
No one wanted it?
That fruit is broken, everyone would want it.

And given how it took BB a few moments to take WBs fruit AND Ingest it, i'd say time wasnt the problem.

He could've even used that as a testing floor to see if he can actually steal fruits, before going to a much riskier place like MF to try it.

He did not know if it works and how it actually works.

I think he played it safe and first tried it on Gura.
Over the TS he probably learned that he can extract others as well, even if he does not use it himself.
Post skip, we see burgess trying to kill Sabo and extract the fruit with a knife, i doubt only BB could do it to be perfectly honest.

Also how is it safer to try it with the Gura in a much much more dangerous place than to see if it actually works on other fruits in a place they already conquered?

If the diarrhea is caused by the fruit I wouldn't steal it too.​
Its not tho, Magellan himself gets diarrhea because he's hellbent on eaten poisonous food and drinks.

Nothing to do with the fruit, just Magellan being a dumbass.

Teach knew that he had to flee asap
Magellan would have killed him and everybody in his crew in less than 5 minutes (Shiryu knew this too)
Bro, we learn that Magellan was overwhelmed and was in critical condition, he wasnt killing anyone in that state.

Last edited:
Teach knew that he had to flee asap
Magellan would have killed him and everybody in his crew in less than 5 minutes (Shiryu knew this too)
wdym? They said he is so fucked up he wants to kill himself but can't even move to do that

I would have given that fruit to Shiryu if i was Oda Magellan isn't gonna be active that much and Oda wasted a good lethal fruit because he didn't have the balls to kill a character

What? It wasnt gonna be for him but for one of his crewmates, how would he abandon the Gura by stealing it?
Pre timeskip the extraction method was exclusive to Teach. Maybe he could get it for someone else but we don't know so your question is speculative.

My other part addresses that idea though, because it's obvious that Magellan was very experienced with his powers. I don't think Burgess could be as good as Magellan by just taking it, and even if he could it would still be better to go for the Mera Mera because that's a great logia. It's worth skipping the power of a guy they couldn't even really kill to go get it.

Pre timeskip the extraction method was exclusive to Teach. Maybe he could get it for someone else but we don't know so your question is speculative.

My other part addresses that idea though, because it's obvious that Magellan was very experienced with his powers. I don't think Burgess could be as good as Magellan by just taking it, and even if he could it would still be better to go for the Mera Mera because that's a great logia. It's worth skipping the power of a guy they couldn't even really kill to go get it.
Irc, killing someone and having a fruit nearby makes sure you get the fruit yourself. So idk, and plus Forget Burgess, he couldve given it to any of the others to be honest.

And as i said, its safer to test it on Magellan, since they actually nearly killed him on the second run( as he got overwhelmed) than go to MF ( a much dangerous place) to test that stuff in.

And the collateral damage of the Gura and Yami wont fuck the rest of the crew?
Still the best Paramecia and the best Logia, why the fuck would one worry about the downsides when you have the power to wipe off the world/negate all other devil fruits? Looking at the pros/cons Gura/Yami are totally worth the hassle, Doku isn't.

Doku is perfect in a locked environment with prepared medical supplies to cancel the side effects.

Last edited: