Controversial Why didn't Blackbeard steal Magellan's doku doku no mi?

Hi there. I like Magellan a lot, and even identified as a hardcore fan of his in the past. But for the sake of the story and the plot, I can't help but find it strange that Blackbeard did not steal his devil fruit after his team presumably defeated him in Impel Down.

Is there a good explanation for this? Clearly the doku doku no mi is a very powerful ability. By my estimation (personally), it has the potential for one of the most powerful in-series. And Blackbeard himself has demonstrated high level reactive thinking at multiple points. For example, turning the situation with Ace attacking into something he could use for his agenda. Accepting Shiryu into his crew despite the risks he might have perceived while it was most opportune, which worked perfectly in regards to the antidotes. Furthermore rushing to Marineford immediately after recruiting his crew members from Impel Down in order to grab Whitebeard's fruit ability even though surely Teach realized he had no guarantee that he would make it in time to retrieve the devil fruit from Whitebeard's body. (This is an especially great example of this reactive thinking because according to his original plan he was going to capture Luffy which would not even have started a war between the marines and someone like Whitebeard - he calculated quickly how to benefit to the uttermost from situations outside his original plan and framework.

Therefore, with all that - why leave the doku doku no mi alone since he was there and it would have been incredibly convenient? I can assume a few possible explanations exist.

Perhaps Blackbeard has limitations on how many devil fruits he can absorb from a body? Like a cooldown or time limit, a period before he can reuse the technique? So perhaps, if he had used it to steal Magellan's devil fruit he could not have gotten Whitebeard's immediately after and had to make a choice between the two? Or perhaps he felt there was too short time to use for this, and simply wanted to rush to Marineford with his preference for the quake quake fruit since it is undeniably of the highest valued devil fruits in the series.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Teach should have killed Magellan and give his fruit to Doc Q instead of the Sick Sick fruit. About Teach not killing him, Idk tbh. Teach just wanted revenge against Magellan for jumping at him and his crew but it's still weird that he didn't kill him and take his fruit.
I agree in general, at least at that time. But I thought he had actually defeated Magellan with his crew before leaving? Or am I remembering it wrong?
They did beat him or at least injured him.
Teach and his crew came back to Impel Down and beat Magellan badly to the point of getting demoted from his Warden position.

Teach should have killed Magellan and give his fruit to Doc Q instead of the Sick Sick fruit. About Teach not killing him, Idk tbh. Teach just wanted revenge against Magellan for jumping at him and his crew but it's still weird that he didn't kill him and take his fruit.

Teach and his crew came back to Impel Down and beat Magellan badly to the point of getting demoted from his Warden position.
Right, I'd consider this more likely to be a plot hole or bad writing, personally. And I agree with you, that would have been a fantastic ability to implement on a compatible crew member. It also would have been fun for us because we would have gotten to see the abilities in action once again.

He was on a tight schedule to get to Marineford before the festivities were finished.

Also, Blackbeard doesn’t seem to be the trusting kind to give one of his crewmates such an ability.

Since we still don't know how they steal DFs, there a possibility that they can't steal Magellan's Fruit. There is a theory that they need a fruit that would resemble the devil fruit. But since BB didn't know that Magellan had the poison DF before Impel Down, then we can assume that he wasn't able to bring a fruit. Probably same reason why BB didn't take Bonney's df, some other characters df.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
He has a limit of how many fruits he can take, presumably 3.
The reason why he didn't take Magellan's power is because it is too lethal.
Luffy always takes a beating in his fights and he cant win by taking a beating from poison.
Notice how Gura is completely useless vs Luffy considering that he is its natural counter.
And Oda also probably had use of Magellan in the future so he didnt want him killed off.