Current Events Why do People Still Think the 9 VAs Will Fight 9 Strawhats?

9 VAs vs 9 Strawhats?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
  • The VAs were having trouble getting past Pacifista and Sea Beasts
  • Lucci didn't even acknowledge them, saying that as long as he and Borsalino are there, the Strawhats would be annihilated
    • I.e. they just aren't that strong
  • They haven't had any significant presence in the arc
    • Unlike the Tobiroppo and Calamities, we don't have names for most of the VAs, nor any hype for their combat ability
    • And this is at the point when Luffy has begun his battle against his arc opponent
  • Zoro has already begun fighting Lucci
  • Luffy has already begun fighting Borsalino
  • Luffy usually begins his final battle against his arc opponent after other Strawhats have already concluded (or at least started) theirs
  • Unless Luffy has multiple rounds vs Borsalino, the 9 VAs aren't getting full fights against the other Strawhats

Not just the monster trio, I don't expect most of the Strawhats to get fights against most of VAs at this point.

Your first bullet is literally addressed this chapter cinera. 2 VAs were shown damaging Sea Beasts and Pacifista respectively, then arriving on the island without anyone's help in the same scene. Kizaru then defeats Sentoumaru and changes the command of the Pacifista to destroy the sea beasts.

Your second point is based on the sole fact that nobody save for Kizaru can enter the dome lol, so thats a bad argument.

Your 3rd point is just an argument in bad faith. They only just arrived 2 chapters ago lol, and Oda hasnt focused on them yet. Maybe actually wait?

Your second to last point is just straight up wrong. Luffy fought Crocodile first, then lost. Luffy started fighting Lucci before Sanji and Zoro even started their 1v1s. He fought Moria before literally every other fight started before Moria ran away. He technically started fighting Doflamingo in the castle first, then Law/Luffy started their fight while everyone was fighting as well. Fighting Kaido started waaaaay before other fights too lol.

That said, no, it wont be a perfect 9v9 matchup, just like every other arc.

Last edited:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
I do, because there's a special note made of the VA's rushing onto the island. They're present. All that needs to happen is for the Dome to fail.
Lucci didn't acknowledge them and implied they're irrelevant.

IMO Sanji is more likely to fight Kaku than a VA at this point.

It's not rocket science really. We have 9 Vice Admirals that coincidentally equal the numbers of the crew. 3 of the 5 additional fighters that could disturb with these matchups were taken care off in back to back pages leaving Bonney and Lucci.

- Lucci can be dealt with by Zoro before the dome defense is lifted.
- Bonney rn could very well even be Devon, even if she fights then Zoro will be an exception and not fight a Vice Admiral.

They've already entered the island as well.

The V.a will not enter the laboratory for now and there is no more danger around so Lucci will end up inside the bubble either in chapter 1092 or in chapter 1093. Zoro will be free for future fights.

It's not rocket science really. We have 9 Vice Admirals that coincidentally equal the numbers of the crew. 3 of the 5 additional fighters that could disturb with these matchups were taken care off in back to back pages leaving Bonney and Lucci.

- Lucci can be dealt with by Zoro before the dome defense is lifted.
- Bonney rn could very well even be Devon, even if she fights then Zoro will be an exception and not fight a Vice Admiral.

They've already entered the island as well.
While I agree with the logic, I dont think Oda does. We had 9 main pirates under Kaido too, and Drake and Jack were not utilized in a way where Chopper and Brook could have also been given fights (in that case I would have expected Jinbe to fight Jack and Brook vs WsW). Even Usopp got shortchanged.

Maaaaaaaybe Oda thinks he can draw ~1 chapter fights to cover each strawhat and then 2-3 for Sanji/Zoro (and a million for Luffy), so its possible. It is is interesting he did 9 yet again, which just matches other hypothetical groups as well like Akainu, Shanks and Blackbeard (taking away Kuzan)

While I agree with the logic, I dont think Oda does. We had 9 main pirates under Kaido too, and Drake and Jack were not utilized in a way where Chopper and Brook could have also been given fights (in that case I would have expected Jinbe to fight Jack and Brook vs WsW). Even Usopp got shortchanged.
I do believe this time will be different, Wano had so many characters and unfortunately Oda decided to sideline three of the Straw Hats from having a major fight probably because he also wanted to give focus on certain other characters.

Egghead is different though, we aren't having a huge war and there aren't as many characters in this arc compared to Wano.

The Vegapunks are not fighters or at the very least they are not strong fighters, Stussy, Kaku, and Sentomaru for now are all out.

The only two left would be Lucci and Bonney, we'll see how Zoro vs Lucci goes and as for Bonney no idea what Oda's planning with her character.

With the exception of Luffy and maybe with the exception of Zoro as well, I do think the rest of the Straw Hats will each face off against a Vice Admiral.

Also maybe Oda wants to give a major fight to Usopp, Brook, and Chopper, and basically make up for them not getting any major fights back during the Wano arc.

The only matter here is: Who Sanji is gonna fight

The Chins dude reminds me Queen, but Franky also get these kinds of opponents. "Steam Knuckle" was the name of 5Chins attack in the Sea Beast, thats gives me Franky opponent vibes like crazy, and lets not forget Sanji mentioned "Franky would love getting his hands on Queen's tech" back in Onigashima (talking about Queen's lasers).

He is still not impressive at all for me to believe he is gonna give trouble to Sanji when an arguably nerfed Sanji who was completely unaware of who Vergo was, was managing to compete with him even with a certain level of difficulty, before his power ups.

So far there is nothing that much surprising about the VAs to be fair, although we can bet they can be troublesome for weaker Strawhats, especially due to their Haki.

And as off now i don't see how Oda is going to hype them and put the proper respect on some of their names..

Perhaps if Lucci, Kaku or somehow the Seraphims are used as their hypetools it could make things way better looking for them. Im open for all kinds of scenarios

Garp was a Vice Admiral, i bet he isn't the only average strong guy who still maintains the Vice Admiral rank, we need strong Vice Admiral, but as i said above, i don't know how Oda is going to make us feel like some of these guys are troublesome

Last edited:
I do believe this time will be different, Wano had so many characters and unfortunately Oda decided to sideline three of the Straw Hats from having a major fight probably because he also wanted to give focus on certain other characters.

Egghead is different though, we aren't having a huge war and there aren't as many characters in this arc compared to Wano.

The Vegapunks are not fighters or at the very least they are not strong fighters, Stussy, Kaku, and Sentomaru for now are all out.

The only two left would be Lucci and Bonney, we'll see how Zoro vs Lucci goes and as for Bonney no idea what Oda's planning with her character.

With the exception of Luffy and maybe with the exception of Zoro as well, I do think the rest of the Straw Hats will each face off against a Vice Admiral.

Also maybe Oda wants to give a major fight to Usopp, Brook, and Chopper, and basically make up for them not getting any major fights back during the Wano arc.
I agree, im just very much a pessimist about matchups lol. Its always a safe bet for Luffy or Zoro or Sanji, but the others are mixed bag.

I am hoping Oda realizes he has very few chances left now to "feature" the crew in useful ways like this, so all 10 getting fights would be awesome and a way to potentially set the expectation for the remaining Yonko, Akainu, Imu or whatever.

I don't understand it either. Just do the math. A decent fight is maybe a chapter so are we getting 9 chapters of just fights? And if they team up to get it done faster than the whole one VA per strawhat doesn't really make sense anymore does it?

I don't understand it either. Just do the math. A decent fight is maybe a chapter so are we getting 9 chapters of just fights? And if they team up to get it done faster than the whole one VA per strawhat doesn't really make sense anymore does it?
I mean, we got WAY more than 9 chapters of fights in Wano. I doubt its happening but 15-20 chapters of straight fighting is normal on this series

Others don't need any battle
Only ussop, Chopper and Brook do. So let Oda make them fight 3 As

Bonney, Sanji and Jinbei can deal with the rest while Zoro deals with Lucci

I still think it's super lame if the SHs has the escape from the Fleet. This is the perfect time to show case why they are an Emperor crew
Luffy and Zoro already got their match up, and Sanji just bubble diffed Kaku, so it's time for the other SHs to pull their weight and not act like fucking pussies for once.

I mean, we got WAY more than 9 chapters of fights in Wano. I doubt its happening but 15-20 chapters of straight fighting is normal on this series
You know that's a bad comparison. wano was 149 chapters and spent half that time building up to the fights. egghead is already like 30 chapters and 15-20 chapters of just fights while also having to wrap up everything else would probably make it one of the longest arcs in the series.

Also, if we are comparing things to other arcs the only time we had every strawhat get a real fight was in alabasta and even then usopp and chopper teamed up. I don't think its ever happened that a single arc ever had the entire crew at that time get a proper one on one fight

• The VAs were having trouble getting past Pacifista and Sea Beasts
  • Lucci didn't even acknowledge them, saying that as long as he and Borsalino are there, the Strawhats would be annihilated
    • I.e. they just aren't that strong
  • They haven't had any significant presence in the arc
    • Unlike the Tobiroppo and Calamities, we don't have names for most of the VAs, nor any hype for their combat ability
    • And this is at the point when Luffy has begun his battle against his arc opponent
  • Zoro has already begun fighting Lucci
  • Luffy has already begun fighting Borsalino
  • Luffy usually begins his final battle against his arc opponent after other Strawhats have already concluded (or at least started) theirs
  • Unless Luffy has multiple rounds vs Borsalino, the 9 VAs aren't getting full fights against the other Strawhats

Not just the monster trio, I don't expect most of the Strawhats to get fights against most of VAs at this point.
Your first point is dumb because Zoro and the others were struggling with 1 Sea Beast at the start of the arc