General & Others Why do some people believe Zoro is stronger then his own captain when this is a shounen manga?

Im just trying to understand why some Zoro fans think this way? I mean usually you never see this in other fandoms but here in this forum Ive seen such a take a few times.

Im thinking that maybe this is their first shounen experience and they dont know how things are.
zoro is cool and strong enough to the extent that can genuinely convince themselves he is stronger.

You're giving them way too much credit, it's just agenda driven brain rot, they don't care about what makes sense, it's as simple as Zoro = my favorite character so he's the strongest.
Usually, shounen mangas are heavy on paralels and we know Luffys dream is to become the next Roger. It stands to reason to then think that Zoro will be the Rayleigh of this generation as Luffys vice captain and partner but Rayleigh was never portrayed as superior to Roger so Im a huge loss here. Its like the most obvious paralel for Zoro.

Im just trying to understand why some Zoro fans think this way? I mean usually you never see this in other fandoms but here in this forum Ive seen such a take a few times.

Im thinking that maybe this is their first shounen experience and they dont know how things are.
You haven't been in fairy tail fandom lmao.
Post automatically merged:

Usually, shounen mangas are heavy on paralels and we know Luffys dream is to become the next Roger. It stands to reason to then think that Zoro will be the Rayleigh of this generation as Luffys vice captain and partner but Rayleigh was never portrayed as superior to Roger so Im a huge loss here. Its like the most obvious paralel for Zoro.
Ryuma and Oden :josad:

Why? Who do they think is stronger than Natsu?
Erza
Lucy
Laxus
Gildarts
Mira
Jellal
Some people think gajeel is stronger. I'm not talking about even base natsu, I'm talking about characters at their peak strength like natsu using dragon force
Post automatically merged:

6 pack + cool scars + swords + edgy one liners ("I'll become the King of Hell")
Basically this

To be fair there was a time where a legitimate argument could have been made for this, they would still have been wrong but that doesn't mean there weren't good reasons to believe it. And as far as the shounen thing goes, Zoro/Ryuma was Oda's original hero before Luffy when he was writing Monsters.

However that time was completely smashed to pieces during Dressrosa (arguably Enies Lobby) and the gap has only gotten wider since then. Right now anyone who is claiming it should be met with ridicule.

Thats why I am calling them ZKKclowns, they are special.

I've seen some Vegeta fanboys arguing that at some times after he gets a power up he could beat Goku at that point of time, but even thats not as bad as believing Zolo beats Luffy because Vegeta is not Goku's underling.

You haven't been in fairy tail fandom lmao.
Natsu isn't the captain or leader of his own group so its not comparable.

Thats why I am calling them ZKKclowns, they are special.

I've seen some Vegeta fanboys arguing that at some times he could beat Goku, but even thats not as bad as believing Zolo beats Luffy because Vegeta is not Goku's underling.

Natsu isn't the captain or leader of his own group so its not comparable.
Vegeta being stronger then Goku at certain points is fine, they are rivals. Luffy and Zoro do not share the same dynamic at all which is why Its very puzzling to me to see this kind of behaviour here lmao. Its certainly interesting not going to lie.

Its almost like they want Zoro to be the main character here instead of Luffy when in truth he can never be. I could see it in their expectations too when it comes to who Zoro will fight. But the truth is while Luffy has been getting his fill of fights this arc Zoro has been stuck fighting Luffys sloppy seconds for half a year.