Character Discussion Why does Oda treat Luffy as a coward heel?

Which is more fitting for Luffy?

• Total voters
This is what Luffy said

Yet reality:
First time fighting Admiral Fujitora in Dressrosa, result: ran away.
First time fighting Yonko Big Mom in WCI, result: ran away.
First time fighting Gorosei in Egghead, result: ran away.
At this rate, if Oda sends Imu to Elbaf, I can see the arc ending with Luffy running away again because it's first time fighting Imu.

I don't know why Oda portrays him like this.
If you watch WWE, I think Luffy is portrayed as the main babyface / hero of the show. But actually he is kinda treated as a heel / villain, the coward type.
Someone who always running away quickly when they see a danger, sometimes leaving his allies behind (poor WCI Jinbe). Like 2021 Bloodline running away when they heard Brock Lesnar was on his way there. Or Liv Morgan running away like little bitch everytime she sees Rhea Ripley.

Luffy's fighting style doesn't help him too, he always wins with outside interference. His solo career ended at Chinjao and afterwards he always got some kind of outside help. Doflamingo fight, Cracker fight, Katakuri fight, Kaido fight, Egghead fight. He never won clean and fair anymore.
Just like heel Tribal Chief Roman Reigns, right? Always got help by his cousins.

Is he really aiming for Pirate King? Or Chicken King is more fitting for Luffy? Afterall Robin said he has "wings".

@Buusatan94 @NikaInParis @mmd @ShishioIsBack @JoNdule @L57 @nik87
@YonkoGodLuffy @Kerkovian @Luffy the Yonko Slayer @M944 @Germinator @Erkan12 @Jack D. Jobber

This is what Luffy said

Yet reality:
First time fighting Admiral Fujitora in Dressrosa, result: ran away.
First time fighting Yonko Big Mom in WCI, result: ran away.
First time fighting Gorosei in Egghead, result: ran away.
At this rate, if Oda sends Imu to Elbaf, I can see the arc ending with Luffy running away again because it's first time fighting Imu.

I don't know why Oda portrays him like this.
If you watch WWE, I think Luffy is portrayed as the main babyface / hero of the show. But actually he is kinda treated as a heel / villain, the coward type.
Someone who always running away quickly when they see a danger, sometimes leaving his allies behind (poor WCI Jinbe). Like 2021 Bloodline running away when they heard Brock Lesnar was on his way there. Or Liv Morgan running away like little bitch everytime she sees Rhea Ripley.

Luffy's fighting style doesn't help him too, he always wins with outside interference. His solo career ended at Chinjao and afterwards he always got some kind of outside help. Doflamingo fight, Cracker fight, Katakuri fight, Kaido fight, Egghead fight. He never won clean and fair anymore.
Just like heel Tribal Chief Roman Reigns, right? Always got help by his cousins.

Is he really aiming for Pirate King? Or Chicken King is more fitting for Luffy? Afterall Robin said he has "wings".

@Buusatan94 @NikaInParis @mmd @ShishioIsBack @JoNdule @L57 @nik87
@YonkoGodLuffy @Kerkovian @Luffy the Yonko Slayer @M944 @Germinator @Erkan12 @Jack D. Jobber
Show me someone who isn't ''coward'' according to your standards LMAO.

''Marine Hunter'' Mihawk retreated vs fodder Marines when they attacked his home.

Red Dog couldn't do anything about Shanks and Marines aren't allowed to fight Emperors without permission from HQ, Red Dog couldn't send anyone to Wano nor to save 800 kidnapped Marines, Koby had to sacrifice himself.

Garp was trying to retreat from Hachinosu until Shiryu's stab.

WB retreated from fodder Marines when Oden told him they should fight.

Roger who is said that doesn't run away from anyone, was begging on his knees to take Oden from WB.

Show me someone who isn't ''coward'' according to your standards LMAO.

''Marine Hunter'' Mihawk retreated vs fodder Marines when they attacked his home.

Red Dog couldn't do anything about Shanks and Marines aren't allowed to fight Emperors without permission from HQ, Red Dog couldn't send anyone to Wano nor to save 800 kidnapped Marines, Koby had to sacrifice himself.

Garp was trying to retreat from Hachinosu until Shiryu's stab.

WB retreated from fodder Marines when Oden told him they should fight.

Roger who is said that doesn't run away from anyone, was begging on his knees to take Oden from WB.
Don't ignore the classic And embodiment of Cowardsness example.

Monkey D Luffy, while you bounce there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me. I want you to digest this because before you leave Laugh Tale in 30 years with your One Piece, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.

I don’t hate you, Luffy. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the crew.

I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. Shanks the best. Shanks the best in the world. There’s one thing you’re better at than Shanks and that’s bouncing around.

You’re as good at bouncing around as Joyboy was. I don’t know if you’re as good as Nika though. He’s a pretty good bouncer. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall!

[Oda waves to the camera]

Shanks is the best pirate in the world.

He's been the best ever since day one when I wrote Romance Dawn. And he's been vilified and hated since that day, because Shueisha saw something in him that nobody else wanted to admit. That’s right, he's a Shueisha guy. You know who else was a Shueisha guy? Gildarts.

Seven7

🆃🅷🅸🆂 🅸🆂 🅼🆈 🅴🆁🅰

Nothing new, the Fraudster Trio is on a constant roll of lies and broken promises.
The only SH who always ensures his promises end up coming true is fucking Usopp.
:usoprice:
Finally someone actually says it how it is,
Acting like one is worse than the other they're all GARBAGE

Modernize Monster trio hating.
Ruin everything they touch

Seven7

🆃🅷🅸🆂 🅸🆂 🅼🆈 🅴🆁🅰
“ oh luffy is garbage ?
but zoro and sanji are garbage too , why does it matter “
Basing it on 1042
The last time we see him in the story

Good old convenient god fruit oc is a completely different character
:josad:

One piece with wwe comparison
:suresure:
Not in middle/highschool anymore to watch wrestling but op plot especially fight scenes remind me of a wwe fight thinking back again.
If Luffy is a coward heel, i think Lucci would look like a 6ft7 300 plus lb that is book to become a jobber that even a coward heel would whooped his ass anyday
:sanmoji: