Why Hasn’t Pan Gone SSJ Yet?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If I recall correctly, Toriyama once said in response to a question about why Pan didn’t receive a Super Saiyan transformation in GT, it was because he didn’t know how a female SSJ would look. Since then, we’ve seen Caulifla, Kale, their fusion, and player characters in a few recent games all give us a pretty solid idea of the thing he struggled with. So, why do you think Pan, the original female Saiyan in the series that we really get to know, hasn’t gone SSJ in any of the various recent iterations of the anime/manga/games?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
If I recall correctly, Toriyama once said in response to a question about why Pan didn’t receive a Super Saiyan transformation in GT, it was because he didn’t know how a female SSJ would look. Since then, we’ve seen Caulifla, Kale, their fusion, and player characters in a few recent games all give us a pretty solid idea of the thing he struggled with. So, why do you think Pan, the original female Saiyan in the series that we really get to know, hasn’t gone SSJ in any of the various recent iterations of the anime/manga/games?
Good question. I think in GT Toriyama wanted to not render that possible but then he changed his mind introducing the Universe 6.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
They may be waiting for another child or teen version of Pan to appear and fight in the story before doing that, and this Pan would work to become stronger unlike GT Pan who never trained to become stronger despite how outmatched she was by the strong villains.
I feel she will definitely turn SSJ in Super but I'm not sure when the next time skip will take place.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I recall Toriyama once claimed that it's because Pan is 25% saiyan which isnt enough to be a SSJ. An interesting claim since not only did Toriyama have nothing to do with GT, Pan's grandson could go SSJ.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I recall Toriyama once claimed that it's because Pan is 25% saiyan which isnt enough to be a SSJ. An interesting claim since not only did Toriyama have nothing to do with GT, Pan's grandson could go SSJ.
I was just gonna say, her descendant (whose Saiyan blood had to be diluted even further) could do it just fine...considering he looked exactly like Goku, it was easier to do the retread than give us something new. Since all the Heroes and Fusions stuff, though, literally every Saiyan that’s existed and a bunch of new ones get all these cool forms...while Pan and Goten are just kinda THERE

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
She is 1/4 saiyan, i am not sure if pan has the power. I am prerty sure she could do it if she receives the necessary training !
We discussed above that the dilution of Saiyan blood doesn’t prevent her descendant Goku Jr. from attaining those heights at around the same time Gohan/Goten/Trunks did, so while that’s a fair argument, I’m not sure it fully justifies Toriyama’s inability to picture a woman being as strong as a man 🤷