General & Others Why have we not seen a single character who aspires to be WSS?

At the end of the day there are many people that aspire to become strongest swordsman

The issue is the story is focused on Pirate Kings

Regardless power level wise the two might coincide

It happened when Ace meet Shanks I believe

I'm too lazy to check :specialmeh:
here it is
his goal
Ace hated Roger because he attributed all the suffering he met in his life to Roger. For Him, Roger is the reason why he suffered so much. Therefore he wants to surpass him to erase his legacy. He wanted for people to not call him « the son of Roger » but to call Roger « the father of Ace »
-He never intended to become the PK or to find the One Piece, because for him it would have mean that he just like Roger. No, he wanted to do something different and bigger than being PK
-This what Ace said to Shanks : « The entire world is my enemy. The Shishibukai, the emperors, the celestial dragons...I will beat them all. Once my flames have burn all the summits, I will put my flag on them ».
-Shanks had a hard time to understand Ace’s personality.
-Blackbeard scared Shanks before he goes to East blue
(Rivaille’s note: BB scaring Shanks is introduce has a big feat)

-At this point of time, those scars do not throb anymore
(Rivaille’s note: as if they were linked to BB’s ambition)

-Even tho Ace projecting to attack WB was beneficial to Shanks, the latter could not help Ace directly. Because it would have start a conflict with WB

again
nothing about wanting wb title

Explanation of Meito and how it relates to the WSS title:

Chapter 912 Page 7 Hitetsu explains: 世界に数ある刀(剣:槍等)の中で名工達の作った武器をこう呼ぶ, "The weapons made by swordsmiths around the world are called "swords" or "spears/blades".
"武器" means weapons,
"剣" means sword,
"槍" means spears/lances/blades.
The famed swords "業物" are 83 weapons "武器" which encompass {swords "剣", spears/lances/blades "槍", etc...} which overall refer to sharp blades/objects.

Whitebeard owns a sharp bladed weapon "武器", but the weapon he owns isn't a sword "剣" but instead is a lance/spear "槍", so whitebeard isn't a traditional swordsman, yet his blade can be classified as a sword in the One Piece ‘Meito’ definition. “Meito” = ‘Named Sword’ or ‘Famous Sword’

Mihawk's title uses the word sword "剣" (世界最強の剣士, "World's strongest swordsman") and not the word for lance/spear "槍" but as per the Meito definition his title can encompasses swords as well as named weapons that aren’t specified as blade or sword, they are one in the same. Charlotte LinLin uses a sword "剣" homie called Napoleon, she is a swordsman. Shanks uses a sword “剣” called Gryphon, he is a swordsman. Fujitora uses a sword “剣” in combination with his Gravity DF powers and is considered a swordsman in Oda’s words in the character section preceding each official volume. Mihawk by default is over all three of these characters in strength.

Wb uses a bisento not a sword

The kanji for mihawks title isnt the same as what wbs weapon is classified as.

So no wb doesnt have a sword and isnt a swordsman.
wtf, how did my shit end up here.

Regardless, I think it's a pretty funny argument.
We're aware that "名刀" "Meito" can either be "Famed swords" or "Famed blades" and we're also aware that swords and other types of blades are a subset of meito.
Yet, we still choose the translation that makes less sense and assume all meito are swords...?

I think it's pretty clear that there are bladed weapons, and within this set of bladed weapons you can find {swords, lances, etc...}
Like all the confusion about "is Whitebeard a swordsman?" and etc... is gone.
But we choose the worse translation to stay confused instead ?

Regardless, I think it's a pretty funny argument.
We're aware that "名刀" "Meito" can either be "Famed swords" or "Famed blades" and we're also aware that swords and other types of blades are a subset of meito.
Yet, we still choose the translation that makes less sense and assume all meito are swords...?

I think it's pretty clear that there are bladed weapons, and within this set of bladed weapons you can find {swords, lances, etc...}
Like all the confusion about "is Whitebeard a swordsman?" and etc... is gone.
But we choose the worse translation to stay confused instead ?
happy you brought the raws

the reason they choose it is out of convenience. some folks like to play dumb . wonder how they would respond now

Ignore it and double down, obviously.

Anything to downplay the Godhawk and Zoro
lol I dont even care about hyping up either zoro or mihawk
I just need people to be intellectually honest
the kanji for mihawk's title
is same with wb
same with kaido's
yet the other two are accepted as strongest titles
but his has to have a question mark(skill, greatest?) etc. as long as facts are provided, folks should accept when they are wrong. will act like they dont see it as per usual.

Why hasn’t anyone else tried to mutate into a different species through force of will and challenge Kaido for the title of World’s Strongest Creature? Riddle me THAT, smart guy!! :laughmoji:
Don't destroy their thread just after 3 posts :milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

They don't want to be WSS like no one wants to be WSC or WSM, because they are beast. You ain't gonna fight against them when you know they could kill you. Logic! Only luffy, zoro, BB and Kidd are idiots but they also have enough guts.

we also only got 1 dude who aspires to become an Admiral.
that does not diminish the accomplishment in any way though.

all Zoro needs is 1 rival. the strongest.
anything besides that is just commentary.
Its pretty obvious that everyone who joins the marines....aspires to be an admiral and after that Fleet Admiral.

Being WSS is something only Zoro is interested in.

lol I dont even care about hyping up either zoro or mihawk
I just need people to be intellectually honest
the kanji for mihawk's title
is same with wb
same with kaido's
yet the other two are accepted as strongest titles
but his has to have a question mark(skill, greatest?) etc. as long as facts are provided, folks should accept when they are wrong. will act like they dont see it as per usual.
I never understood this really. Power in one piece is rarely linear. The yonko are all yonko not because they can win all 1v1 fights but because they all have enormous territories and influence over the world and massive or overwhelmingly powerful crews. Yes, in a fair 1v1 match with no distractions, Mihawk likely cleans up and beats almost everyone in the series. Can he ever really get in that position? No. Mihawk is bored and listless because he has no challenge, Shanks refuses to duel, and anyone who could challenge him doesn't want to fight honorably. It's a lonely life because his goal and status are so singular.

Zoro striving for this is more of a personal journey than a strict power increase arc. You can see this when he begs mihawk to train him. His goal isn't "beat mihawk" it's "become the world's strongest swordsman". Beating mihawk is something that has to happen but his goal isn't limited to moving up rankings. Even after he beats mihawk he may not be satisfied. Zoro's journey is, like he says, the path of the asura. He embraces the material world and basic temptations like violence and drunkenness but does so for a higher purpose, his captain, who is essentially a bodhisattva and already being compared by hyogoro to a myo-o. Zoros dream is to be the best, for his captain. Without Luffy Zoro would be murdering his way across the ocean and be a huge menace himself, and the WSS title is meaningless without someone or something to defend