Versus Battle Why I think Kisame and Itachi cant defeat Jiraiya

Samehada did not wanna hide Kisame for weeks but did it, nor absorb Bees chakra but did it. It absorbs Amaterasu be Kisame wills it do

it can. Sage mode chakra is perfectly balanced for Naruto and Kisame has >=Naruto in chakra
Bro don't know why you bring this where it showed distaste/unwillingness to absorb basic fire style and what about GENJUTSU?

I will not say about SM because I am not sure about it

Theoritically Itachi is stronger than Jirayia.
However, Itachi saying he and Jiraiya would kill each other/suffer fatal injuries isn't something you can ignore.
I don't think Amaterasu is the problem here, it is not as fast as people think. Raikage had some leisure time before he cut off his arm, Jiraiya can probably seal it before he suffers mortal injuries. If he can't the toads will do it. Shadow clones can counter too.
Susanoo is more problematic.

Regardless, in a fight they're even, add Kisame and it's murder. As a general ranking in the verse, Itachi is stronger for having hax that overwhelm ordinary opponents. Jiraiya is versatile with a lot of quirky powers allowing him to perform well with any matchup

Last edited:
Iirc, Itachi was the one who said that.
What i though was Itachi & kisame can't beat Jiraiya because it was on Jiraiya turf, konoha. Konoha help will be quickly arrive.

But, that was Itachi hidden agenda / agreement with Tobi to not get a hand of Konoha. That was for wanking Jiraiya.

Again, i think it was Itachi mean.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Itachi is a tier above jiraiya
All things considered, not really. He could beat J-man in a fight but they aren't that far apart overall. SM Naturo was termed stronger than MS Sasuke, who was almost as strong as Itachi. J-man doesn't have a limiter on his SM, unlike Natruo.

EDO Itachi's a different monster altogether though.

All things considered, not really. He could beat J-man in a fight but they aren't that far apart overall. SM Naturo was termed stronger than MS Sasuke, who was almost as strong as Itachi. J-man doesn't have a limiter on his SM, unlike Natruo.

EDO Itachi's a different monster altogether though.
Amaterasu GG. Tsukoyomi GG. It took seconds for Itachi to disable nagato's shared vision also. Healthy itachi is a tier above him

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Amaterasu GG. Tsukoyomi GG. It took seconds for Itachi to disable nagato's shared vision also. Healthy itachi is a tier above him
Nagato was inactive when Itachi attacked him. He stands no chance against him under normal circumstances. Sasuke's got better Amaterasu and the eyes to see through Tsukuyomi, but that wasn't enough to warrant a place above SM Naruto. Tsukuyomi wouldn't even be an issue with Ma and Pa, to begin with. Besides, I am not really trying to say Itachi can't beat him, it's just that they fall under the same tier given their overall abilities.

Nagato was inactive when Itachi attacked him. He stands no chance against him under normal circumstances. Sasuke's got better Amaterasu and the eyes to see through Tsukuyomi, but that wasn't enough to warrant a place above SM Naruto. Tsukuyomi wouldn't even be an issue with Ma and Pa, to begin with. Besides, I am not really trying to say Itachi can't beat him, it's just that they fall under the same tier given their overall abilities.
Mastered MS sasuke is above SM naruto. Naruto uses mass clones unlike jiraiya also. Tsukoyomi works in a second if Itachi wishes so and in novel in millisecond. It takes time to break genjutsu. Imo he is a tier above. Not huge but significant enough

Iirc, Itachi was the one who said that.
What i though was Itachi & kisame can't beat Jiraiya because it was on Jiraiya turf, konoha. Konoha help will be quickly arrive.

But, that was Itachi hidden agenda / agreement with Tobi to not get a hand of Konoha. That was for wanking Jiraiya.

Again, i think it was Itachi mean.
Honestly.. I don't really see what Jiraiya is supposed to do here. I mean, he cannot offensively bypass the abilities of both Itachi, and Kisame, collaterally. The Mirror Of Yata, and The Ten-Handed Blade, are spiritual weapons, made of pure spiritual energy, so I'd assume that they are extremely concentrated weapons, stronger than when they are filled or enriched with chakra. I mean, if y'all want real life examples, take sulphuric acid for example.. Ya'll would notice that dripping it in water and mixing it'll substantially dilute it, and reduce it's potency.. Similarly, pure physical energy, and pure spiritual energy are on another stratosphere of power. Another example would be eating a box of sugar, and eating them in a less concentrated form in the form of a candy, or a biscuit.. I hope y'all get my point. Therein, I don't really see what the opposing foe can acclimatize in this scenario, tbh. It's really a glaring breadth like difference in power, in my opinion. Kisame can extrude magnificent oceans, and tidal waves, which'll indefinitely douse Jiraiya's fire techniques, and his Sage techniques would be eliminated by the aforementioned oceans, and tidal waves, overwhelming them, and engulfing them, as the former possesses significantly massive area-of-effect in contrast to the latter.. All of these inextricably linked facets of battle entails that the Red Moon Duo eliminates Jiraiya with explicitly little difficulty..

Also, I think people are grossly over-inflating Itachi's admission of inferiority to Jiraiya, tbh. I mean, sure, if you wanna argue that Jiraiya >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the collateral Red Moon Tribe Organization, then, by all means, that statement is legitimate. But.. if you wanna argue that, that part of Itachi's statement is hyperbolic, then I'd like to propose that it's only natural that the preceding part of his statement is hyperbolic in nature, as well. Supplementally, I'd like to add that Kisame doubts Itachi's preceding statement, and enquires on why he was fleeing from Jiraiya, when he could've implicitly eradicated him, in that simulation, with implicitly little difficulty (If we're going by the implication of Kisame's statement, and the way he worded it — it's grammatical structure, to be specific... ).

your overestimating the toads and jiraiya.. there’s no proof that tsukoyomi works without doing any eye contacts. Sage mode has the ability to sense everything around them. Ma and Pa is over 800 years old this guys seen a lot of wars and the only way Jiraiya was probably beaten by pein its because 1. it was his student, someone that was so close to him there’s a chance that no matter what he cant do it. 2. it was pein territory. 3. idk maybe he just cant because he thought pein was the savior the one he was searching for during his travels. he even wrote a book about him.

your overestimating the toads and jiraiya.. there’s no proof that tsukoyomi works without doing any eye contacts. Sage mode has the ability to sense everything around them. Ma and Pa is over 800 years old this guys seen a lot of wars and the only way Jiraiya was probably beaten by pein its because 1. it was his student, someone that was so close to him there’s a chance that no matter what he cant do it. 2. it was pein territory. 3. idk maybe he just cant because he thought pein was the savior the one he was searching for during his travels. he even wrote a book about him.
To me, it was like Itachi said that Konoha are strong that even 2 Akatsuki can't beat jjiraiya alone. (But of course, he didnt mean it)
Well, it's Itachi deal to Akatsuki. "Don't attack Konoha!, They are mine. I'll be the one who take them down!"

your overestimating the toads and jiraiya.. there’s no proof that tsukoyomi works without doing any eye contacts. Sage mode has the ability to sense everything around them. Ma and Pa is over 800 years old this guys seen a lot of wars and the only way Jiraiya was probably beaten by pein its because 1. it was his student, someone that was so close to him there’s a chance that no matter what he cant do it. 2. it was pein territory. 3. idk maybe he just cant because he thought pein was the savior the one he was searching for during his travels. he even wrote a book about him
.. Shikaku seems to think that Itachi could've miraculously manipulated 80,000 different shinobi, at the same time, if he was alive, though.

You cannot manipulate that many shinobi from different places, at the same time, without eye-less illusory magic, at your disposal.

I don't think Natural Energy can detect highly complicated illusory magic without the castor - being an illusory spell casting magician, themselves.

Jiraiya explicitly admits that he couldn't have beaten Pain, even if he manifested his full power, tho.

Quite the opposite, actually. It's a good thing that Jiraiya could hide in the sewer pipe-lines, because if it was an open field, where he couldn't hide, - then Pain would've beaten him pretty easily - by utilizing his exuberant area-of-effect techniques.

.. Actually Jiraiya realizes that he ("Pain") wasn't the saviour - mid-way through the fight, tho, well before it actually being even close to climaxing.

He retracts his initial thinking, and crowns Naruto, as the "true" saviour.