Anime Discussion Why is Demon slayer so popular?

Because it's perfect for the modern audience and does so many things right, that OP/Oda struggle with:

1) It has a God level anime that pulls the hype train (deservedly so).

2) The story itself is a simple revenge-story, but effective. No need to overcomplicate things or suggesting a "complex story", which turns out to be mostly hot air in the end anyway.

3) It's not dragging anything out. It's well-paced and straight to the point. You get an entire good Demon Slayer arc in 20 chapters/10 episodes, whereas stuff like BM screaming wedding cake takes 30 chapters/40 episodes in One Piece.

4) There are actual consequences/deaths in Demon Slayer, which means you actually feel the thrill while reading/watching it. Compare that to OP where we are in the middle of a supposedly immense war and not a single fucking soul fears that any beloved character could die.

5) The villains are charismatic and instill fear. Their design is also fire.

6) The fights are absolutely insane (in the manga and the anime).

B

Ballel

Because it's perfect for the modern audience and does so many things right, that OP/Oda struggle with:

1) It has a God level anime that pulls the hype train (deservedly so).

2) The story itself is a simple revenge-story, but effective. No need to overcomplicate things or suggesting a "complex story", which turns out to be mostly hot air in the end anyway.

3) It's not dragging anything out. It's well-paced and straight to the point. You get an entire good Demon Slayer arc in 20 chapters/10 episodes, whereas stuff like BM screaming wedding cake takes 30 chapters/40 episodes in One Piece.

4) There are actual consequences/deaths in Demon Slayer, which means you actually feel the thrill while reading/watching it. Compare that to OP where we are in the middle of a supposedly immense war and not a single fucking soul fears that any beloved character could die.

5) The villains are charismatic and instill fear. Their design is also fire.

6) The fights are absolutely insane (in the manga and the anime).
Thank you for the good overview, your posts are always informative.:finally:

The mangaka just got lucky
Not lukcy.

They are giving the audience what they want.

Look at other similar mangas that offer constant hype, deliver what they promise, do not drag and have consequences during fights.

My Hero Academia's first 2 seasons
Jujutsu Kaisen
Chainsaw Man

All these follow one simple formula:
Let anime/manga be a source of entertainment, not some scholary work or be a finctional world building freak. @dirtyLarry described it best.

Calling it lucky is just biased opinion.

The advantage anime like naruto/Bleach/OP has over KNY is its rewatch value

I won't read and see KNY again for most part whereas I have watched the other 3 countless times

People say it’s mediocre but it’s a hell of lot better than OP, where Oda is so intent in marketing to 12 year olds that he couldn’t even kill an irrelevant fodder like Pound
I can't even understand why he does that either. 12 year olds don't read OP anymore. They read KnY, JJK, etc. Oda's audience is primarily composed of adults who grew up reading OP when they themselves were kids.

You'd think with the developing nature of the story, his older audience, and Oda's own maturity, that he might finally grow some balls...but no. Still the same ol' namby pamby crap.

No wonder people leave and move onto better things.

The journey to slay the oni is what was promised in Wano. When people have the alternative in KnY, it only shines a spotlight onto how garbage Wano truly is.

I can't even understand why he does that either. 12 year olds don't read OP anymore. They read KnY, JJK, etc. Oda's audience is primarily composed of adults who grew up reading OP when they themselves were kids.

You'd think with the developing nature of the story, his older audience, and Oda's own maturity, that he might finally grow some balls...but no. Still the same ol' namby pamby crap.

No wonder people leave and move onto better things.

The journey to slay the oni is what was promised in Wano. When people have the alternative in KnY, it only shines a spotlight onto how garbage Wano truly is.
Oda's "Maturity" is why it's like this. Same reason why Berserk became more "Moe".

Becoming a Grandpa/Father makes edgy authors tamer. Look at Alan Moore regretting killing Joke after he became a dad

Oda's "Maturity" is why it's like this. Same reason why Berserk became more "Moe".

Becoming a Grandpa/Father makes edgy authors tamer. Look at Alan Moore regretting killing Joke after he became a dad
Nah, I mean that Oda's admitted in interviews that he gets too attached to his characters and as a result he can't bring himself to kill them off, even if the plot requires it. On the other hand, I can totally understand why Berserk becomes lighter as the story progresses. It mirrors Guts' own state of mind among other things. Thats cool.

Oda's sitch however is just him being a pussy.

The advantage anime like naruto/Bleach/OP has over KNY is its rewatch value

I won't read and see KNY again for most part whereas I have watched the other 3 countless times
The OP/Naruto/Bleach animes have literally zero re-watch value imho.

It's hot trash compared to modern animes like KnY or AoT, both in pacing and actual animation and artwork quality. It's not even a contest imho.

The only shonen animes from the older generation that can compete are FMAB and HxH, simply because their writing was God tier and the animation and pacing decent.

The OP/Naruto/Bleach animes have literally zero re-watch value imho.

It's hot trash compared to modern animes like KnY or AoT, both in pacing and actual animation and artwork quality. It's not even a contest imho.

The only shonen animes from the older generation that can compete are FMAB and HxH, simply because their writing was God tier and the animation and pacing decent.
For me thats not the case , I enjoyed the thriller that was AOT , the intensity and danger is very good , finished the entire story that's it.

Because mystery is over it's not entertaining to me watching second time

KNY has good flashy fights but get boring after rewatching 2 3 times as they are not that complex

Naruto and bleach I have rewatched so many times and I still do

Marineford war I have rewatched countless time too

For me thats not the case , I enjoyed the thriller that was AOT , the intensity and danger is very good , finished the entire story that's it.

Because mystery is over it's not entertaining to me watching second time

KNY has good flashy fights but get boring after rewatching 2 3 times as they are not that complex

Naruto and bleach I have rewatched so many times and I still do

Marineford war I have rewatched countless time too
I respect that, since I never want to talk down anyone's personal preferences.

Only one thing: I wouldn't call OP/Bleach/Naruto complex by any means.

They're really just standard shonen series, too. Only difference is that they take way more time, which automatically makes them seem more complex at first glance.

I respect that, since I never want to talk down anyone's personal preferences.

Only one thing: I wouldn't call OP/Bleach/Naruto complex by any means.

They're really just standard shonen series, too. Only difference is that they take way more time, which automatically makes them seem more complex at first glance.
Yeah , I mean fights in complexity like I have watched sasuke vs deidara so many times but I can't put myself to watch KNY fights again as they are one dimensional and simple
Post automatically merged:

Beautiful animation..Which anime is this ?
:seriously: