Anime Discussion Why is Demon slayer so popular?

Elaborate please.. (I want to find out if it is worth watching)
It's not just the themes themselves, but the particular manner in which Gotouge presents them.

Some of the main themes are family, humanity and impermanence. But it also deals with concepts of loss, duty and individuality.

It's a short series and I'd recommend giving it a shot. Usually pretty easy to tell whether you'll like it or not simply based on the MC. He encapsulates the series so well that generally if you don't like him, it's a pretty good indication that the series isn't for you.

Because unlike a certain other manga, demon slayer has real tension, interesting characters, good fights, and good art.
Post automatically merged:

People say it’s mediocre but it’s a hell of lot better than OP, where Oda is so intent in marketing to 12 year olds that he couldn’t even kill an irrelevant fodder like Pound

B

Ballel

It's a battle shonen. That's a given, lol.

But it has really great characters, incredible designs, invokes strong emotional investment and the fights themselves are incredible.

Not to mention the absurd production.

OK this looks awesome.
Is the series worth watching? What's the general plot?

Is the series worth watching? What's the general plot?
YES,GIVE IT A SHOT. The Anime is awesome,the manga is a solid 7/10. Ufotable nailed the Anime with awesome animations and a great Soundtrack in Season 1 (especially in Episode 19).

Plot:
  • A family is attacked by demons and only two members survive - Tanjiro and his sister Nezuko, who is turning into a demon slowly. Tanjiro sets out to become a demon slayer to avenge his family and cure his sister.

B

Ballel

YES,GIVE IT A SHOT. The Anime is awesome,the manga is a solid 7/10. Ufotable nailed the Anime with awesome animations and a great Soundtrack in Season 1 (especially in Episode 19).

Plot:
The animation is awesome, those gifs above look great.
But generic revenge plots are rather boring to me.

But generic revenge plots are rather boring to me.
It's not a generic revenge plot,Tanjiros first goal is to heal his sister. The revenge against the Demon is only secundary,most time of the story it's only about love,comradeship,humor and the drive to become stronger.

B

Ballel

It's not a generic revenge plot,Tanjiros first goal is to heal his sister. The revenge against the Demon is only secundary,most time of the story it's only about love,comradeship,humor and the drive to become stronger.
Does demon slayer have any relevant female characters or are they just eye candy like one piece women?