Anime Discussion Why is Demon slayer so popular?

You guys are all correct, but you guys forgot about one very important thing: demon slayer is about bunch of kids with "SAMURAI" swords fighting demons. Anything with SAMURAI swords and demons is automatically popular. Bleach made a success out of it, or look at Zoro for example?

Nami originally was supposed to be Luffy's vice captain (her name was battle axe Nami) but someone very close to Oda recommended him to change her with a SAMURAI themed guy who has some DEMONIC powers for marketing purposes. And sure that worked like a charm!!! Zoro fans are now 50% of the entire one piece audience, there are a lot of people who read one piece SPECIFICALLY for Zoro. If Zoro didn't exist in the story and Oda didn't make that KEY decision, then one piece wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is today. Maybe we should all be thankful to Zoro for that? 🤔 anyway, you get the point. Demon slayer is popular because it has the most popular THEMES in it: SAMURAIS, SWORDS, DEMONS, FIER POWER ETC.

Black Clover's author tried to pull the same shit with the same themes, but he did it wrong, plus Black Clover doesn't have the animation that demon slayer has.
Source for Nami part?
Post automatically merged:

Its so interesting to me how this is the biggest thing since sliced bread while also being like one of the most generic anime i’ve ever seen

like i dont get it. Is it like the planets aligned and like the C02 levels of the earth were a specific level and by pure chance this happened to be the exact tyoe of generic that would take over the world?

i am baffled by how big this thing is honestly
Swords,taisho era,good fights good plot and enviroment and more other things that probably i'm that’s all you need to know

Its so interesting to me how this is the biggest thing since sliced bread while also being like one of the most generic anime i’ve ever seen

like i dont get it. Is it like the planets aligned and like the C02 levels of the earth were a specific level and by pure chance this happened to be the exact tyoe of generic that would take over the world?

i am baffled by how big this thing is honestly
I'm right there with you. I've watched the first season 2x, once as an actual watch & other as background, i honestly couldn't tell you a single character's name or what their powers are called.

It is absolutely beautiful to look at, i love that like Chainsaw Man it dives right in & moves along (what i saw) no super long training arc or fight- everything feels more intense bc any move could enda fight. It has positives, it just also felt like the most generic soul less anime I had seen in a while.

It felt as if it were cooked up in a marketing department for how to attract the biggest audience & appeal to non anime fans, that sounds gatekeepy but i dont mean it that way. I am the most "mainsteam media anime" shonen jump reading basic bitch that there is, but D.S was a mystery to me regarding why people praised it.

Oh, and it WAS nice to enjoy a series that didn't have thirsty teenager boy drawings as females, or (10,000x worse) the "lulz i tripped and landed in her bewbies & she smacked me!!11!!" / Fire Force's creepy "teen girl trips and ends up naked on grown mens laps" "gag"s. I wish more series would follow suit.

The anime adaptation carries almost the whole thing, but the series also has very good pace, quick fights that are good, decent characters and is extremely easy to get into.
I always loved all the crazy stuff about OP world, characters deep analysis, theories, organizations and the never ending secrets, however, not every series work with that. Demon Slayer being so simple and straight forward makes it way more attractive to binge for everybody without getting lost in the plot.
Tho I wouldn't place DS in a top faves, it's a guaranteed fun time.