Current Events Why is it that only powerscalers are having fun with One Piece now?

The fights in one piece are also overated, characters will keep getting up until the villain is defeated conquering power up after power up, side character fights and now SH fights are one hit then move on somewhere else then come back to see the fight is already done.
Post automatically merged:

Not really every place is the same, they are all oppressed until Luffy comes in and saves them, more isn't always better

That's not what I like about it.

Fr example

Fujitora wanting to destroy the warlords.

The reverie and the end of the warlord system.

The birth of cross Guild.

All these characters have their own agency independent of luffy.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Not true at all.

The peak of OP in terms of sales and popularity happened during Marineford.

Now go back and read the old chapter discussion threads from 2010.

They are still out there (apforums, myanimelist, mangahelpers etc.).

It's a completely different atmosphere. There are actually nice discussions and not just a bunch of toxic agenda kids yelling "L" or "xy in the mud" at each other. All that despite actually being in the middle of the biggest OP fighting arc up to date.

It's just that the fandom has changed and a lot of the younger (online) fans and Naruto/Bleach fans that came over are just annoying af.
One Piece wasn't nearly as popular back then as it is now in the west.

If anything you'd have to compare Japanese forums back then to now, to get a legit picture. And still they can have a different culture compared to the west so it doesn't even necessarily apply here.

Even back then it was flooded with powerscaling. I joined forums in 2012 for powerscaling purposes and the vs threads were arguably the most active in the forums even back then.

Powerscaling is inevitable in a shounen battle manga.

I hate powerscaling and i am actually having a great time with One Piece after the end of Wano,because we're finally exploring the outside world and not only Luffy's adventure. A lot of things are happening,and many different characters appear. One Piece after Wano is the best it had been in years. In this forum always there has been mostly powerscalers,but they would..no,they WILL,talk only about powerscaling stuff even when there will be the spoilers of the last chapters where it will be revealed what the One Piece is!

I hate powerscaling and i am actually having a great time with One Piece after the end of Wano,because we're finally exploring the outside world and not only Luffy's adventure. A lot of things are happening,and many different characters appear. One Piece after Wano is the best it had been in years. In this forum always there has been mostly powerscalers,but they would..no,they WILL,talk only about powerscaling stuff even when there will be the spoilers of the last chapters where it will be revealed what the One Piece is!
It is great that we are exploring events outside of the Strawhats. I also like when Oda explores the world through the Strawhats perspective. The problem is that the they can’t be everywhere all at once, so I like seeing what is going on with the RA, marines, Cross Guild, and other pirate groups.

It is great that we are exploring events outside of the Strawhats. I also like when Oda explores the world through the Strawhats perspective. The problem is that the they can’t be everywhere all at once, so I like seeing what is going on with the RA, marines, Cross Guild, and other pirate groups.
Yes and also seeing more events and places at the same time gives more variety to the story