Current Events Why is it that only powerscalers are having fun with One Piece now?

From my experience, it's always been this way. There has never been a time when any main Shonen series like One Piece wasn't dominated by powerscalers. I've never enjoyed speaking to the fans of the series.

There are countless posts about King, Katakuri, and Doflamingo, and it's mostly because the readers themselves want to be those people or something.

Lately, they're all like I think Grus is cool! Because he wears a hat like a teenager.

Last edited:
From my experience, it's always been this way. There has never been a time when any main Shonen series like One Piece wasn't dominated by powerscalers. I've never enjoyed speaking to the fans of the series.

There are countless posts about King, Katakuri, and Doflamingo, and it's mostly because the readers themselves want to be those people or something.
The one piece fans I see defending Oda the most, second only to Luffy fans are fans of characters who get no screentime, but have potential to be strong:moonwalk::moonwalk:

I hardly engage with any one piece fans anymore I just read post and from what I've seen, almost every op community is all about powerscaling now
That's easily explainable. The obvious basis is that One Piece, as a shonen, is very heavily reliant on adventure and fighting.

Yes, there are other interesting things to care about in a shonen, even in One Piece, but said things, as expected, progress very slowly, and beyond a few theories here and there, those things don't make for good debates as people simply agree on mostly everything.

Powerscaling is the opposite, each week there's a new thing to powerscale (or make petty claims) about and since there's never a consensus, regardless of the reason, it makes for heated debates. Not to mention new matchups can always be suggested.

It's not bad, though, powerscaling discussions are much more prevalent and actually help keep these places more active and alive even if they can be rather pointless.

Because we're on a powerscaling forum?
People who like to theorize (like @CoC: Color of Clowns for example) spend every chapter discussion mostly making theories and talking about the plot.

But the majority of the forum is powerscaling nuts and trolls, bantering with each other (or taking bait) so powerscaling is all you get.

But it's virtually for every manga on here. Plot takes a back seat.

Powerscalers (in any manga, not just OP) are easily entertained.

There are successful shonen series based entirely off of powerscale wank.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy powerscaling discussions (I wouldn't be on WG) and shitting on overhyped duds like Big Meme and Midd but thats not what made me like OP in the first place tbh. I enjoyed the vibes and pacing of pre TS that Oda later destroyed. PS see shit like the Gods Knights as something shiny and new, I see it as more bloat.

I think most of us follow Oda's goal...Pay attention to these discussions between fandoms:
zoro vs sanji
admiral vs yonko
shanks vs mihawk
zoro vs luffy
shiryu vs admiral
yonko vs yonko
old legend vs new generation
wb vs roger
I think only less than 10% of people discuss secrets and theories, which is very hard to guess at the moment

Because we're on a powerscaling forum?
People who like to theorize (like @CoC: Color of Clowns for example) spend every chapter discussion mostly making theories and talking about the plot.

But the majority of the forum is powerscaling nuts and trolls, bantering with each other (or taking bait) so powerscaling is all you get.

But it's virtually for every manga on here. Plot takes a back seat.
I knew that since I arrived but I do remember there were users here who were fun to engage with and wanted to talk about the straw hats or the direction of the story, now those users are gone kinda like they went extinct

Because people have realized oda just writes vague plot points (in order to re write have have dickriders scream goda), fake hypes and then fails to deliver.

Perfect example is vegapunk. Ask yourself why literally NOBODY cares about one of the characters who almost everyone was excited to see.

People just want to confirm whether their tier lists are correct.

Because people have realized oda just writes vague plot points (in order to re write have have dickriders scream goda), fake hypes and then fails to deliver.

Perfect example is vegapunk. Ask yourself why literally NOBODY cares about one of the characters who almost everyone was excited to see.

People just want to confirm whether their tier lists are correct.
That's true for smiles too, I remember seeing so many theory videos on smiles just for no one to give af about it anymore bc it was a pointless Wano gag

Because there isn't much to be talked about.

Until dressrosa people made theories with a lot of the world still unexplored. It was still kind of more adventurous manga with the end goal(one piece) being far away. Lots of Ideas as to what is next.

What is there to talk about now that hasn't been already covered so many times?

Hell Oda went and butchered for now the DF.
He was supposed to have Vegapunk explain what Df truly are and why 2 cannot exist at the same time.

What did he do in the end for one of the most integral parts of the story?
Df were willed into existence because people wanted to become jacket man and shit. That's it • That's the explanation.

Why waste time for any other SH and theorize about them when Oda has sidestepped them completely?