Questions & Mysteries Why People Deny the Fact That Helmeppo and Koby Will Be Rivals for Zoro and Luffy?

I still don't see why Coby and Helmeppo should even arrest the SHs.
After final war everything will be different, why should Coby want to arrest Luffy who is not a 'bad' pirate? If anything the enemies of 'good' marines such as Coby will be the "bad" marines.
Because there will still be a kind of balance in the war, marines will try to "restrict" Luffy's freedom, some stuff like that.

Luffy already said he's going to fight koby again

Oda has hyped up Koby by giving him advanced observation and master rokushiki

Koby is by far stronger than smoker already.

They will keep denying it because for some reason it hurts their feelings, that Luffy&Zoro will have marine counterpart rivals in strength

Luffy already said he's going to fight koby again

Oda has hyped up Koby by giving him advanced observation and master rokushiki

Koby is by far stronger than smoker already.

They will keep denying it because for some reason it hurts their feelings, that Luffy&Zoro will have marine counterpart rivals in strength
I really don't think that Luffy and Coby will be fighting in the main story anymore, maybe in the epilogue. Coby can't even be near admiral level in the main story unless there is a really big timeskip which I doubt. Oda had the chance to make him Rear Admiral and a bit closer to his goal but he retconned it and changed it to captain. Only epilogue Coby is Admiral level imo.

I think tashigi will also be an admiral in the epilogue.
That would be great and all but she will probably not be remotely strong enough to stand as a serious admiral or even remotely unless the standards will be lowered which might be the case since Smoker is a likely component of the Marine to become one too and he will also most likely still stand way below the C3 by EoS. Oda might push the accelerator however.

people think Koby is some sort of bartolomeo-like Luffy fan
but actually if you read marineford, Koby deadass resolved to kill Luffy

He has never put his friendship with Luffy above his duty as a marine.
They think that Luffy and Zoro are the only beings in existence who have the potential to grow massivly stronger in a short amount of time.
I think this is one of the most infuriating things about powerscaling discussions. Some fans simply cannot grasp that characters can and will get stronger off-screen. Specifically, characters who are directly portrayed as rivals of the main cast, ex. Kid, Law, Killer, Smoker, Tashigi, Koby, Helmeppo.

Luffy can jump from being weaker than cracker to being low top tier in the matter of 2 arcs, yet it is somehow impossible for people to believe that Koby could even put up a fight against boa hancock, when literally all Oda needs to do to justify this is show that he's a strong haki user due to garp's training and give him a strong devil fruit or some sort of SSG science boost on top of this.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro scars kaido despite doing nothing all of the post skip
Sanji fights Queen despite getting low diffed by doffy a few arcs back
Franky fights a guy who is literally on the same tier as Jinbe's opponent and everything is okay

But no, Koby never got stronger through the events of fishman island, punk hazard, dressrosa, zou, whole cake island, and wano because he's still a captain and that's somehow directly correlated with powerlevels.