Questions & Mysteries Why top tiers can't turn their blades black?

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
Avoid insults
We honest don't know how good odens coa tho imo he probably did tho we dont know as a fact
Oden was by far the strongest samurai of his era from a country that specializes in ryou and swordsmanship

If zoro makes any sword black its telling
We do. He had no advanced haki. Unless you have a panel proving otherwise.
Agreed any sword zoro makes black this arc means hes > oden

Last edited by a moderator:
We do. Stop being dumb. He had no advanced haki. Unless you have a panel proving otherwise.
Agreed any sword zoro makes black this arc means hes > oden
Im sorry we don't have a panel of any top using advanced armament besides rayleigh and luffy. Tho i could be missing someone idk
We dont really have panels of top tiers using fs or even coo in general but doesn't mean they dont have it.
Even most the characters that have been confirmed to have coo or coa haven't been shown using it

But like you said
Even if he has a black blade that doesn't put him above character like shanks just means he has better armament
If having better armament doesn't automatically put him above lets say shanks why would it put him automatically above oden

HA001

β€Ž
Im sorry we don't have a panel of any top using advanced armament besides rayleigh and luffy. Tho i could be missing someone idk
We dont really have panels of top tiers using fs or even coo in general but doesn't mean they dont have it.
Even most the characters that have been confirmed to have coo or coa haven't been shown using it

But like you said
Even if he has a black blade that doesn't put him above character like shanks just means he has better armament
If having better armament doesn't automatically put him above lets say shanks why would it put him automatically above oden
Ok so oden had fs and acoa and chose not to use it when he had to save his country. This is the level of nonsense youre spewing right now.
? not like ive already said why.
Shanks is > oden
Shanks very likely has advanced coa and coo
Zoro can surpass oden and be weaker than shanks

Even if you say it's a "swordsman thing", top tier swordsmanship is like an overpowered DF. It has among the highest AP, DC and lethality. Mihawk being superior to Shanks in "swordsmanship only" means Mihawk has higher AP and lethality with the sword. Shanks cannot make up to it with kicks.
Well, Shanks can compensate with advanced CoC

Ok so oden had fs and acoa and chose not to use it when he had to save his country. This is the level of nonsense youre spewing right now.
? not like ive already said why.
Shanks is > oden
Shanks very likely has advanced coa and coo
Zoro can surpass oden and be weaker than shanks
No i didnt say that...
I dont think he has fs at all tbh. Just because he didn't use coc then doesn't mean he dont have it.
And you could ask the same to rayleigh why didn't he use advanced coa to save the strawhats. Maybe he was using it but we couldn't tell. Maybe the same can apply to oden
Why didnt the dukes or jack use haki against eachother? etc

Like hyo had barrier haki but man was still nothing compared to oden. Its not far fetched imo for him to have it

Ok show me a panel of shanks using coa or even coo? I guess if theres no panel he automatically doesn't have it

I agree he can be stronger than oden and weaker than shanks tho the reasoning being he has a black blade makes no sense
Also dont think oden is that much weaker than shanks

HA001

β€Ž
No i didnt say that...
I dont think he has fs at all tbh. Just because he didn't use coc then doesn't mean he dont have it.
And you could ask the same to rayleigh why didn't he use advanced coa to save the strawhats. Maybe he was using it but we couldn't tell. Maybe the same can apply to oden
Why didnt the dukes or jack use haki against eachother? etc

Like hyo had barrier haki but man was still nothing compared to oden. Its not far fetched imo for him to have it

Ok show me a panel of shanks using coa or even coo? I guess if theres no panel he automatically doesn't have it

I agree he can be stronger than oden and weaker than shanks tho the reasoning being he has a black blade makes no sense
Also dont think oden is that much weaker than shanks
Except weve seen ray use acoa on panel.
Yeah he didnt use coc but we have doji saying he has it.

Has anyone said he has acoa ? No.
Infact we have the opposite. Oden seeing acoa and not having a clue what it is.

I knew you didnt read the manga. Shanks has used an adavanced haki when he held back akainus magma when he saved coby.

Of course it makes sense especially narritively as oda has straight up told us zoro will do what oden cannot.

Except weve seen ray use acoa on panel.
Yeah he didnt use coc but we have doji saying he has it.

Has anyone said he has acoa ? No.
Infact we have the opposite. Oden seeing acoa and not having a clue what it is.

I knew you didnt read the manga. Shanks has used an adavanced haki when he held back akainus magma when he saved coby.

Of course it makes sense especially narritively as oda has straight up told us zoro will do what oden cannot.
I know he has it but we didn't see him use it again kizaru
Thats my point we even knew he had coc but he still didn't use it

Roger and whitebeards clash was more than just advanced coa

Wouldn't that just be considered barrier haki the same thing boas sister, hyo, and luffy have now

It was never said oden couldn't do it. It was said it just wasn't black yet. Same applies to ray and shanks with their swords
Theres nothing different between making wado, enma, shanks's, or even Brooks sword a black blade

HA001

β€Ž
I know he has it but we didn't see him use it again kizaru
Thats my point we even knew he had coc but he still didn't use it

Roger and whitebeards clash was more than just advanced coa

Wouldn't that just be considered barrier haki the same thing boas sister, hyo, and luffy have now

It was never said oden couldn't do it. It was said it just wasn't black yet. Same applies to ray and shanks with their swords
Theres nothing different between making wado, enma, shanks's, or even Brooks sword a black blade
He didnt use coc but we have statements saying he has it. Just like kidd.

Give me a statement that says he has acoa go on ?

What was it then ? Lets just start making shit up.

Weve yet to see shanks in a fight like we have with oden. If you want to bet he doesnt have the penetration be my guest.

Oden had haki on enma from 18 - 39
21 years so no he cant do it.

Agreed any sword zoro makes black means hes > oden who has no advanced hakis.

Also people included kaido himseld have been trying to kill him for years
With most things never even hurting him let alone penetrating his skin

Even luffys strongest attack from barrages of g3 to g4 did absolutely nothing to him. Even with how strong those attacks are especially covered in haki

Oden was able to not only penetrate kaido but scar him aswell. And its not just because swords > dragon skin.
But because his coa was good enough to do it.

Luffy even admitted that he needed to advance his armament like ray to even hurt kaido

HA001

β€Ž
Also people included kaido himseld have been trying to kill him for years
With most things never even hurting him let alone penetrating his skin

Even luffys strongest attack from barrages of g3 to g4 did absolutely nothing to him. Even with how strong those attacks are especially covered in haki

Oden was able to not only penetrate kaido but scar him aswell. And its not just because swords > dragon skin.
But because his coa was good enough to do it.

Luffy even admitted that he needed to advance his armament like ray to even hurt kaido
Did oden hurt kaido from the inside ?

Weve yet to see shanks in a fight like we have with oden. If you want to bet he doesnt have the penetration be my guest.
I think he has it but saying oden doesn't have it because it was never said aloud makes no sense
Oden had haki on enma from 18 - 39
21 years so no he cant do it.

Agreed any sword zoro makes black means hes > oden who has no advanced hakis.
He didn't blacken either of his swords and neither did people like shanks and ray over a 20 year periods as well

Would that make his haki better than theres at least even if hes not stronger?
Did oden hurt kaido from the inside ?
Through his swords probably
It makes the most sense imo. Decent haki isnt gonna let you hurt let alone hurt kaido. As seen with luffy

HA001

β€Ž
I think he has it but saying oden doesn't have it because it was never said aloud makes no sense

He didn't blacken either of his swords and neither did people like shanks and ray over a 20 year periods as well

Would that make his haki better than theres at least even if hes not stronger?

Through his swords probably
It makes the most sense imo. Decent haki isnt gonna let you hurt let alone hurt kaido. As seen with luffy
Are you blind ? He fucking clearly cuts kaido scales he doesnt use acoa he doesnt hurt him from the inside. Weve seen the panel theres no room for speculation.

Are you blind ? He fucking clearly cuts kaido scales he doesnt use acoa he doesnt hurt him from the inside. Weve seen the panel theres no room for speculation.
Yes oden is a swordsman so he cuts things
Just like most proficient swords he can make his haki flow through his swords
Swordman are not gonna use haki the same way a brawler will

And subpar haki aint hurting kaido again like we've seen with luffy.
Having a swordsman doesn't automatic give you an advantage over kaidos body either

HA001

β€Ž
Yes oden is a swordsman so he cuts things
Just like most proficient swords he can make his haki flow through his swords
Swordman are not gonna use haki the same way a brawler will

And subpar haki aint hurting kaido again like we've seen with luffy.
Having a swordsman doesn't automatic give you an advantage over kaidos body either
Youre wasting my time making me repeat myself and making no valid points.

WE HAVE FUCKING SEEN SWORDSMAN ROGER USE ACOA WHEN IT WAS LEAKING LOADS AND HIS SWORD DID NOT CONNECT

ODEN USED BASIC HARDENING TO CUT THROUGH KAIDOS SCALES.

Youre wasting my time making me repeat myself and making no valid points.

WE HAVE FUCKING SEEN SWORDSMAN ROGER USE ACOA WHEN IT WAS LEAKING LOADS AND HIS SWORD DID NOT CONNECT

ODEN USED BASIC HARDENING TO CUT THROUGH KAIDOS SCALES.
Roger was likely also using coc in tandem
Also dude was clashing with newgate who was doing the same. It was the fact that both of their force was so strong they didn't even connect

Just because you use advanced coa doesn't mean luffys fist or zoros swords are not gonna connect anymore

Again basic hardening couldn't even bruise him with g4 level attacks so it aint that simple

HA001

β€Ž
Roger was likely also using coc in tandem
Also dude was clashing with newgate who was doing the same. It was the fact that both of their force was so straight they didn't even connect

Just because you use advanced coa doesn't mean luffys fist or zoros swords are not gonna connect anymore

Again basic hardening couldn't even bruise him with g4 level attacks so it aint that simple
Lmfao does everyone have one standard of hardening ???
READ THE FUCKING MANGA
There are levels to hardening
Zoros was > pica
Katas was > luffy

Odens is > Luffys

Lmfao does everyone have one standard of hardening ???
READ THE FUCKING MANGA
There are levels to hardening
Zoros was > pica
Katas was > luffy

Odens is > Luffys
Didn't say that...
Yeah not all coa is equal but the point is even with g4th massive power he wasn't able to even hurt kaido if he didn't have advice coa at its not like kaido even used coa to protect himself
Normal coa even with a hella strong attack shouldn't be able to hurt kaido but adanced coa should be able to do the job

Like for example the attack zoro used on pica that people compare to g4 attacks would do shit to kaido either

I doubt it's that advanced. Novel said Shanks goes for his sword when his CoC is ineffective. In Marineford it was said Luffy activated the same CoC Shanks and Whitebeard have. With Oda in a SBS paralleling the CoC of both Shanks and Rayleigh. While Rayleigh resorted to swordsmanship vs Kizaru.
I may have hastened to say advanced CoC. I would say that he has a unique way of channeling his techniques with CoC, he may have learned after losing his arm, and that power made him rise to the top of the pirates being yonkou 6 years later.

I am more direct and I say that this is the same power that Roger had to compete with the gura gura. The reason why the current Shanks are not PK level is the loss of his dominant arm.

Shanks and Roger are the prototype of real pirates, with pirate costumes and sabers. I would not doubt they have the same power

HA001

β€Ž
Didn't say that...
Yeah not all coa is equal but the point is even with g4th massive power he wasn't able to even hurt kaido if he didn't have advice coa at its not like kaido even used coa to protect himself
Normal coa even with a hella strong attack shouldn't be able to hurt kaido but adanced coa should be able to do the job

Like for example the attack zoro used on pica that people compare to g4 attacks would do shit to kaido either
Ffs this isnt hard.
Odens coa hardening shits on luffys
Luffys hardening is trash its been broken or stated to be weaker than all his opponents post timeskip bar cesar