Powers & Abilities Why was Zoro so weak in the East Blue?

Zoro unlocked haki before everyone else. Isnt that good enough?

Like exactly how strong do you expect Zoro should be?
At least more knowledgeable, if everything has to tie back in together like what we're seeing g in Wano, questions have to come up. About what characters should know about their world. Haki for example was supposed to be "rare", but we see people all over using it outside the Grand Line.

At least more knowledgeable, if everything has to tie back in together like what we're seeing g in Wano, questions have to come up. About what characters should know about their world. Haki for example was supposed to be "rare", but we see people all over using it outside the Grand Line.
I'm asking how strong how strong do you expect Zoro to have been. He was defeating the seventh ranked Baroque works agent BEFORE the series began and then he beats all of whiskey peak then he matches up to Luffy who has a DF and then he unlocks haki first in the main group and his endurance is enough to scare the shit out of Arlong and he managed to off screen ALL of the fishmen fodder pirates while he was injured.

Like tell me exactly how strong do you expect Zoro to be. Like was he supposed to be like new world level of strong? Like do you expect he should have been around Diamanté level?

I'm asking how strong how strong do you expect Zoro to have been. He was defeating the seventh ranked Baroque works agent BEFORE the series began and then he beats all of whiskey peak then he matches up to Luffy who has a DF and then he unlocks haki first in the main group and his endurance is enough to scare the shit out of Arlong and he managed to off screen ALL of the fishmen fodder pirates while he was injured.

Like tell me exactly how strong do you expect Zoro to be. Like was he supposed to be like new world level of strong? Like do you expect he should have been around Diamanté level?
How strong was Mr. 7? Guy was probably fodder.
And Arlong was way stronger than Zoro.

When? He literally beat him with Water bullets.

Sure he was surprised but he was clearly negative difficult for him.
I didn't say An injured Zoro can beat Arlong

I'm saying you haven't seen a Fresh Zoro fight Arlong have you? All we have is that Arlong got scared of Zoro's endurance. On the very next page he's sweating saying he has to kill Zoro now while he's injured or else.

You have no basis to say that Zoro at 100 percent would lose to Arlong

I didn't say An injured Zoro can beat Arlong

I'm saying you haven't seen a Fresh Zoro fight Arlong have you? All we have is that Arlong got scared of Zoro's endurance. On the very next page he's sweating saying he has to kill Zoro now while he's injured or else.

You have no basis to say that Zoro at 100 percent would lose to Arlong
I don't see any reason that Arlong would loss to 100% Zoro.
Zoro even said "if Luffy loses, no one in the East Blue, could beat him" that includes himself.

There's nothing to show Zoro at 100% would be able to beat Arlong.
Except Arlong literally gets scared of the prospect of Zoro being at 100%... he says to himself he has to get rid of Zoro right there when he's injured while sweating or else

So its fine. Theres no concrete proof either way and that's how Oda wanted it.

So back to the original question. How strong did you expect Zoro to be with this top tier training that you exposit? Was Zoro supposed to be Diamanté level?

Except Arlong literally gets scared of the prospect of Zoro being at 100%... he says to himself he has to get rid of Zoro right there when he's injured while sweating or else

So its fine. Theres no concrete proof either way and that's how Oda wanted it.

So back to the original question. How strong did you expect Zoro to be with this top tier training that you exposit? Was Zoro supposed to be Diamanté level?
He should have at least learned Haki having a mentor supposedly connected to Wano. Like the fighters in Amazon Lily, knowing it without having extreme battles.

I mean weak in what sense? He is one of the protagonists, Oda isn't gonna start him off as a top tier, or else where even is the tension?

But he was still a renowned swordsman in East Blue and strongest than perhaps strongest pirates that lived in East Blue like Arlong and Luffy (although Luffy at the time had no reputation).

Zoro at his 100% would have obliterated all Arlong Pirates along with Arlong himself. Dude was scared shit less of a scar on Zoro, it literally made him take a massive dump inside his pants. The dude himself said "I better kill him right now that he is injured before he damages by prideful nose" which was a euphemism for "I better kill this beast right now before he recovers and hands me my ass and sends me to afterlife"

He should have at least learned Haki having a mentor supposedly connected to Wano. Like the fighters in Amazon Lily, knowing it without having extreme battles.
I doubt Oda even had himself figured out how he was gonna handle Haki at that point lol.

Even a Grand Line Veteran like Crocodile and a New World Veteran like Moria didn't show Haki.

Training with someone strong doesn't put you near their level
Like luffy trained with garp too still not even a neg diff

Even during the timeskip its the same
Luffy and zoro trained with ray and mihawk but they'd be lucky to push one of them low diff working together after their training

WEAK???!!!

Let’s understand something first with someone who is comparable to East-Blue Zoro.

Luffy was trained by Garp, who is a capable haki user

Coby was also trained by Garp (not comparable but we can use as an example)

Neither of the two knew what Haki was until they themselves began to develop it due to intense situations.

A.) Luffy started using it during Sabaody
B.) Coby when about to be killed by Akainu

Clearly you need to be at a certain level of strength to start using haki either accidentally or begin to be trained to use it.

Zoro was indeed given a hint about haki

Also to include there have been plenty of One Piece characters commenting on Zoros portrayal to Luffy.

1.) Arlong fears Zoro will come back to Arlong park to kill him, similar feat to Luffys of shattering swords (mind you Zoro is half dead)

2.) Whiskey Peak : Gets mistaken as the “real” captain

3.) Zoro is the only StrawHat to take down the main antagonist of his own ark (Axe Hand Morgan)

4.) Before Luffy heads out on his Journey he is seeking someone “Strong” (Zoro is the only StrawHat seeked out)

5.) Eneis Lobby : Franky Family question why he’s not Captain

6.) Thriller Bark : Takes the captains pain

7.) Fist StrawHat to use Haki

8.) Goes against Luffys request and makes a stance (Luffy abides by his decision)

There’s no way a character like this is weak, Oda introduced a character who’ll be there to push Luffy and to remind him why he’s captain.

If Zoro is weak there’s a problem.