Questions & Mysteries Why Were the Tobi Roppo Considering Replacing Queen in Particular?

Is my interpretation correct?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
There has been some discussion in the spoiler thread about why the Tobi Roppo were talking about replacing Queen and not the weaker Jack or King. Furthermore, because the Numbers were mentioned after the Tobi Roppo many place their group above them. This has lead to a theory that Queen was the leader of the Tobi Roppo, Jack was the leader of the Headliners, and King was the leader of the Numbers. I am not convinced this theory is true as we also see Queen commanding headliners and pleasures, but the plausibility of that theory isn't the purpose of this thread. After reading the chapter it seems to me that there is a much more straightforward reason for why the Tobi Roppo were discussing replacing Queen and not Jack or King: Ulti said Queen is better off dead.

This is the page that's of most importance:

We first see Ulti saying that Queen is better off dead:

Sasaki then entertains the hypothesis that Queen does die: "What if... Queen were to die suddenly". He asks who'd be the next in line for the role of All Star:

It seems pretty straightforward to me, Ulti says Queen would be better off dead, Sasaki considers who would replace Queen if she indeed died. That seems to be a much more parsimonious hypothesis than the Tobi Roppo being Queen's direct subordinates and only able to replace Queen as a calamity (which has the dubious prediction that if Jack were to die a fodder headliner would be considered for his replacement over the Tobi Roppo).

The main caveat I perceive to my above interpretation would be that it's too hasty to make a thread now, and we should wait for more credible translations. I agree with it, and I'll reevaluate the scene after reading the Viz interpretation of the chapter.

Feel free to tag anyone you think may be interested (or who supports the theory that the Tobi Roppo are Queen's direct subordinates).

"What if Queen were to die suddenly.... who'd be up next in your opinion?" doesn't directly mean replacing Queen imo.

"Be up" there won't necessarily replacing Queen and only him. Being promoted from Flying Six into higher rank of Calamity also mean "be up". So Jack can still be the YC2 if Queen dies, while the newly promoted Flying Six becomes the new YC3.

J

Jo_Ndule

Because Queen is gonna get killed or demoted in this arc...he will suffer Snack fate from a SN hands.

Wano is, long arc, Someone will replace Queen this arc or after when Kaido Jr lead the new beast pirates

Just like Katakuri will replace BM after wano is over

It could be one of Oda's way to give some hype to those characters.
"Wow, these youngsters talk about who will replacing Queen. They must be strong"
"They will become major player in future" etc.

Not to say it is wrong, but imho, that dialogues serves as Oda's way in strorytelling to give them hype for now.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I doubt that Rocks is the only crew in history that deeply disliked each other...and seeing as Kaido got his start there, it wouldn’t surprise me if his crew is mostly comprised of powerful people gathered under an unstoppable captain who still look out for number one (themselves) above all else. In that cutthroat environment, you’d be looking to take out anyone who ranks higher than you simply for that fact alone. Queen just happened to take a pot shot at their entire group, so it could be he’s just the current focus of their ire...it could easily flip to Jack, King, or (getting crazy here) Kaido himself if the circumstances were different. They don’t seem to like each other that much - Sasaki called Page One a “thorn in [his] side” and also implied the fact that Drake should leave the crew - so if there’s no loyalty among scoundrels, you might as well aim to defeat whoever you see.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
It's because Queen apparently shits on the Tobi Roppo, that they decided to play a friendly game of, "If Queen were to die, which of us would take his job?"

Not anything more than that.
"What if Queen were to die suddenly.... who'd be up next in your opinion?" doesn't directly mean replacing Queen imo.

"Be up" there won't necessarily replacing Queen and only him. Being promoted from Flying Six into higher rank of Calamity also mean "be up". So Jack can still be the YC2 if Queen dies, while the newly promoted Flying Six becomes the new YC3.
The All Stars are equal in rank. So they would still replace Queen and his responsibilities.

I doubt that Rocks is the only crew in history that deeply disliked each other...and seeing as Kaido got his start there, it wouldn’t surprise me if his crew is mostly comprised of powerful people gathered under an unstoppable captain who still look out for number one (themselves) above all else. In that cutthroat environment, you’d be looking to take out anyone who ranks higher than you simply for that fact alone. Queen just happened to take a pot shot at their entire group, so it could be he’s just the current focus of their ire...it could easily flip to Jack, King, or (getting crazy here) Kaido himself if the circumstances were different. They don’t seem to like each other that much - Sasaki called Page One a “thorn in [his] side” and also implied the fact that Drake should leave the crew - so if there’s no loyalty among scoundrels, you might as well aim to defeat whoever you see.
That definitily sounds right. Occam's razor and all that, but I suspect that the BP are kind of like the BMP in that there isn't such loyalty into the crew. Even more so than the BMP, since those are at least family, but some of them (Opera) are so terrified of Big Mom that they'll lie instead of facing their mistakes.

But the BP sure seems to be mostly brutish fighters bought together by the strongest beast in the region.

Thank you, where can I read it? This thread was probably premature and zi should have waited for the Viz.

This translation also suggest that Sasaki is below Page One and Drake cause he would be happy if they both weren't going for YC position.

Also Black Maria seems to talk to Who's who and not Drake here but she doesn't suggest him to YC rather just asks if he thinks it's him.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I can see the future. The future: Queen injured or possibly on his way to whenever the Okamas go after they die gets attacked by one of the members of the Tobi Roppo and killed. The End
Or it will be cool if all of them do it looking down on him as he probably does now as he ranked up to the All-Stars and finish him.