Powers & Abilities Why Zoro turning Enma into a blade blade symbolises surpassing Oden

Zoro isn't gonna have the combat experience that Ryuma had, is he? Hell, as some people love reminding us, Zoro has only fought "fodder" since entering the NW. Is he gonna acquire combat experience equal to or greater than Ryuma's 47 years of life? What about Oden's 39? He apparently got a lot stronger by the time he came back to Wano...
Zoro is most likely gonna learn the secret to forging one via word of mouth. A head start no swordsman normally gets. It's possible there's either more than one way to forge a black blade, or we got it all wrong and combat experience isnt a huge factor. I can only speculate, but normally my answer to shit like this is to wait for the author to expand on it. We barely have much to go off of.

As for the second part of the quote, using Enma to compare Oden and Zoro is perfectly valid. We have a common measuring stick in Enma, "and we know that making Enma a black blade was beyond Oden's capabilities".
I disagree. It wasnt beyond Oden's capabilities. He was executed before he got to that stage. Forging process came to a halt because he's dead. I dont think theres a specific set time period for forging, some people will take years or even decades to achieve it. Others will get it faster.

Him not knowing shit about forging one also will plays a factor. Because as I said up above, Zoro will no doubt get an explanation on how one is made and he will make his quickly once its explained to him.

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Zoro is most likely gonna learn the secret to forging one via word of mouth. A head start no swordsman normally gets. It's possible there's either more than one way to forge a black blade, or we got it all wrong and combat experience isnt a huge factor. I can only speculate, but normally my answer to shit like this is to wait for the author to expand on it. We barely have much to go off of.

I disagree. It wasnt beyond Oden's capabilities. He was executed before he got to that stage. Forging process came to a halt because he's dead. I dont think theres a specific set time period for forging, some people will take years or even decades to achieve it. Others will get it faster.

Him not knowing shit about forging one also will plays a factor. Because as I said up above, Zoro will no doubt get an explanation on how one is made and he will make his quickly once its explained to him.
Why would Zoro, a random no name pirate from overseas, get access to this supposed shortcut/vital info when no other samurai has had access to it for centuries?

Oden was a Daimyo and the rightful heir to the office of Shogun. If it’s something that Zoro will figure out thanks to his time abroad...why didn’t the uber samurai Oden get this info too? Both Oden and Zoro have Wano schools of swordsmanship as their base, and Oden was a pirate for like 9 years compared to Zoro’s less than 3.

Also...Oden was a story of failure. The Straw Hats are going to succeed where Oden failed to show how they’re better than those who came before. As soon as Hitetsu said Zoro could make Enma into a black blade, authorial intent was pretty obviously pointing to “Zoro making Enma black shoes Zoro has surpassed Oden”. Is that a fair accessment?