Theory Why Zoro will kill Kaido and how he'll do it - Parallels of Shells Town to Wano

This is going to be a relatively big thread on how Zoro will kill Kaido. I'm making this because I see two major points brought up against ZKK, and those are in relation to Luffy.
1. Luffy is the MC, so Luffy has to beat the big bad of an entire saga (I don't disagree with this, I actually think that is what is going to happen)
2. If Luffy beats Kaido, how will Zoro kill him? Zoro isn't the man to kill a person he didn't defeat, that isn't very honorable, and really lack luster and anti-climactic.

As such, a lot of people are confused on how this'll unfold, I'll be breaking it all down, in this thread, even down to why Kaido should die, which is something that a lot of fans think isn't going to happen.

**Also I took some points from a user on WG, though I forgot the name, I think it might be the user "Salah WG", so credits go to them.

Helmeppo and Orochi:
Both are second villains of the arc and are the first villains introduced in the arc. Both are cowardly men who rely on the primary villain's name as protection and think of it as their own strength.

Captain Axe Morgan and Kaido:
The primary villains of the arc that are actually strong. They aren't as similar in personality as Helmeppo and Orochi, but an interesting parallel with the two is that they both had statues important to them (a dragon statue of Kaido and a statue of himself for Morgan), and both ended up getting destroyed by a member of the D. clan, in ace and Luffy respectively, and both were pretty pissed about it. Also, Morgan slaps his son and calls him useless, which was a shock to everyone, and Kaido "kills” Orochi, calling him useless in the process, which was also a shock to everyone.

The subordinates:
The marines end up befriending the pirates after Morgan is defeated. Whereas for the beast pirates, they ended up helping/befriending the samurai/pirate alliance during the fight in the performance room. This comes from the fact that both leaders (which would be queen in standing for kaido who really took the leader position of the beast pirates in the performance floor) and captain Morgan, treated their subordinates poorly and played with their lives, which built up resentment for their respective leaders. Which ended up in them befriending the enemy side.

Dog:
Zoro tries attacks Helmepo because he tried to attack a little girl, which is a parallel in wano, where Zoro tries to attack Orochi for trying to attack a little girl named o-toko, and in both instances, a dog ended up intervening, a literal dog that Helmeppo owns that attack/scares people for him, and Kyoshiro, who calls himself the shogun's dog, a person who attacks people and scares them for Orochi. This also ties in with the parallel of Orochi and Helmeppo, both being the second villain of the arc.

Cross:
Zoro in Shells Town is tied to a cross for 30 days as a from of consequence, in wano, Zoro is put in a cross because he has 30 broken bones, as a form of consequence for taking such a huge attack from the two yonko.

Momo and Coby:
Both are young and scared boys who wish they were stronger and older, who also have big dreams, and are inspired by luffy to work for and achieve those goals.

Zoro and Oden:
Both go and try to attack the second villain of the arc, but are stopped, and proposed a deal by the second villain of the arc, dance for 5 years and Orochi will leave with Kaido and not harm anyone for oden, and stay tied to the cross for 30 days and Helmeppo won't harm the girl again for Zoro. Both Zoro and Oden accept this deal and do it, but the second villains aren't gonna keep their part of the goal and would end up killing and harming more people. When Oden and Zoro find out about this, they are both enraged by this.

Auras:
At the start of both arcs, zoro is noted to have a menacing aura by pink haired characters, (the sumo dude and Coby).

Coby and Momo pt. 2:
In the Oden flashback, kaido and oden are about to have their final clash, but oden is stopped because his son momo is held hostage by another person, and oden turns his back, so kaido gets the upper hand and takes out oden. In the Shells town arc, Luffy turns his back on Morgan because Coby is held hostage by helmeppo. Luffy isn't taken out because Zoro was with him, and Zoro gets the finishing blow on Morgan.

Conclusion - ZKK:
Luffy's fight with kaido will parallel his fight with morgan. If you reread it, his fight in terms of choreography is relatively similar to when luffy fights kaido when he gets the advanced conquers haki bloom. Luffy will defeat Kaido, but orochi will come up to the roof, and hold Momo hostage, which will mean luffy will have to turn his back against kaido, another parallel to oden and Kaido's fight. Kaido, taking advantage of this, will attack luffy from the back, and zoro will, in one motion, will land the finishing blow against kaido, killing him. And Luffy will punch Orochi in the face, saving Momo.

Narrative Implications:
In zoro and oden's character, their flaw is that they try to carry all of the burden, in oden's character this is noted with the burning oil, fighting ahura doji, shouldering the burden for 5 years in dancing, and fighting kaido alone on the battlefield. If someone had been with him to take care of momo, oden probably would have finished kaido then and there. Likewise, if zoro wasn't there with for luffy when coby was held at gunpoint, luffy would've been damaged badly by morgan, or coby might've been knocked out, but Luffy put his trust in zoro to split the burden and help luffy out. For zoro, you can see this flaw of shouldering the burden all by himself with staying on the cross for 30 days, taking the attack from kaido and big mom, and obviously, with the nothing happened moment, which like the 5 year dancing stuff oden did, zoro wanted no one to know what really happened. In this arc, zoro will learn to take reigns as a proper leader and know his limitations, and split the burden of taking down kaido with luffy.

Kaido:
Since kaido wants to die, people think that he actually shouldn't die because villains don't get what they want in one piece. Which would sorta make sense if that was kaido's dream, but kaido doesn't just want to die, he wants to die a grand death like roger and WB, a death that is praised by everyone and a death that kaido himself is content with. So how you deal with this is to give kaido a death that he regrets. In the flashback, kaido says he regrets what he did with the old lady about tricking oden and says he killed her, which in the context of what was going on, seemed really weird, but it showed that kaido didn't want to be dishonorable. Chekhov's gun for when he tries to use a dirty trick to his advantage, he will regret it, and die with regrets, and everyone who sees this will speak of kaido trying to use a dishonorable tactic to his advantage, which will not make his death grand at all. Tarnishing his name in the process. Also more to add to this, Kaido has been defeated plenty times before, but that hasn't stopped him from escaping jail, coming back to wano, nor has it crushed his will, so what makes it any different now if Luffy defeats him? Everyone, from the samurai, to the scabbards, Oden, Yasuie, Yamato, Zoro, Kidd, and Killer have all stated they want to kill kaido and won't be satisfied with Kaido's defeat. Plus, Kaido also wants to start the largest war, which he won't be able to participate in if he dies, and wants to find the one piece, which he also won't be able to find if he dies, so a death given to him like this would be less beneficial to him than he thinks.

This is what I have, hope you learned something by reading this. Would love to hear some disputes and even some additional points to this if anyone has any.

It was also foreshadowed by the Cover Art of Chapter 784 in which zoro is sitting on a grave stone with the number 944 on it while wearing a shirt with a skull which symbols death and the word ultima on it which means final (which probably means the final act of wano). Previously people thought that this would foreshadow zoros death but we know oda wouldn't kill a main character, but recently the relased vivre card of Kaido has the number 0994 on it. Why would Oda choose this number on Kaidos vivre card? Coincidence? I don't think so. There is also another grave stone next to the one on which zoro is sitting where it says DECEMBER 20. Which means that Kaido will fall on that specific date.

this is a really good theory! i definitely notice the parallels that you talked about. it seems like something oda would do.

:cheers:
Thank you man, I realy appreciate the support
Post automatically merged:

It was also foreshadowed by the Cover Art of Chapter 784 in which zoro is sitting on a grave stone with the number 944 on it while wearing a shirt with a skull which symbols death and the word ultima on it which means final (which probably means the final act of wano). Previously people thought that this would foreshadow zoros death but we know oda wouldn't kill a main character, but recently the relased vivre card of Kaido has the number 0994 on it. Why would Oda choose this number on Kaidos vivre card? Coincidence? I don't think so. There is also another grave stone next to the one on which zoro is sitting where it says DECEMBER 20. Which means that Kaido will fall on that specific date.
Ye I saw that, personally for me that confirmed that ZKK was happening, you can't even call that a coincidence, it was so perfect. I didn't see the December 20th part tho, that's really interesting, hopefully Wano ends in 2021

Thank you man, I realy appreciate the support
Post automatically merged:

Ye I saw that, personally for me that confirmed that ZKK was happening, you can't even call that a coincidence, it was so perfect. I didn't see the December 20th part tho, that's really interesting, hopefully Wano ends in 2021

Its right below the grave stone on which zoro is sitting. On that cross.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
This is going to be a relatively big thread on how Zoro will kill Kaido. I'm making this because I see two major points brought up against ZKK, and those are in relation to Luffy.
1. Luffy is the MC, so Luffy has to beat the big bad of an entire saga (I don't disagree with this, I actually think that is what is going to happen)
2. If Luffy beats Kaido, how will Zoro kill him? Zoro isn't the man to kill a person he didn't defeat, that isn't very honorable, and really lack luster and anti-climactic.

As such, a lot of people are confused on how this'll unfold, I'll be breaking it all down, in this thread, even down to why Kaido should die, which is something that a lot of fans think isn't going to happen.

**Also I took some points from a user on WG, though I forgot the name, I think it might be the user "Salah WG", so credits go to them.

Helmeppo and Orochi:
Both are second villains of the arc and are the first villains introduced in the arc. Both are cowardly men who rely on the primary villain's name as protection and think of it as their own strength.

Captain Axe Morgan and Kaido:
The primary villains of the arc that are actually strong. They aren't as similar in personality as Helmeppo and Orochi, but an interesting parallel with the two is that they both had statues important to them (a dragon statue of Kaido and a statue of himself for Morgan), and both ended up getting destroyed by a member of the D. clan, in ace and Luffy respectively, and both were pretty pissed about it. Also, Morgan slaps his son and calls him useless, which was a shock to everyone, and Kaido "kills” Orochi, calling him useless in the process, which was also a shock to everyone.

The subordinates:
The marines end up befriending the pirates after Morgan is defeated. Whereas for the beast pirates, they ended up helping/befriending the samurai/pirate alliance during the fight in the performance room. This comes from the fact that both leaders (which would be queen in standing for kaido who really took the leader position of the beast pirates in the performance floor) and captain Morgan, treated their subordinates poorly and played with their lives, which built up resentment for their respective leaders. Which ended up in them befriending the enemy side.

Dog:
Zoro tries attacks Helmepo because he tried to attack a little girl, which is a parallel in wano, where Zoro tries to attack Orochi for trying to attack a little girl named o-toko, and in both instances, a dog ended up intervening, a literal dog that Helmeppo owns that attack/scares people for him, and Kyoshiro, who calls himself the shogun's dog, a person who attacks people and scares them for Orochi. This also ties in with the parallel of Orochi and Helmeppo, both being the second villain of the arc.

Cross:
Zoro in Shells Town is tied to a cross for 30 days as a from of consequence, in wano, Zoro is put in a cross because he has 30 broken bones, as a form of consequence for taking such a huge attack from the two yonko.

Momo and Coby:
Both are young and scared boys who wish they were stronger and older, who also have big dreams, and are inspired by luffy to work for and achieve those goals.

Zoro and Oden:
Both go and try to attack the second villain of the arc, but are stopped, and proposed a deal by the second villain of the arc, dance for 5 years and Orochi will leave with Kaido and not harm anyone for oden, and stay tied to the cross for 30 days and Helmeppo won't harm the girl again for Zoro. Both Zoro and Oden accept this deal and do it, but the second villains aren't gonna keep their part of the goal and would end up killing and harming more people. When Oden and Zoro find out about this, they are both enraged by this.

Auras:
At the start of both arcs, zoro is noted to have a menacing aura by pink haired characters, (the sumo dude and Coby).

Coby and Momo pt. 2:
In the Oden flashback, kaido and oden are about to have their final clash, but oden is stopped because his son momo is held hostage by another person, and oden turns his back, so kaido gets the upper hand and takes out oden. In the Shells town arc, Luffy turns his back on Morgan because Coby is held hostage by helmeppo. Luffy isn't taken out because Zoro was with him, and Zoro gets the finishing blow on Morgan.

Conclusion - ZKK:
Luffy's fight with kaido will parallel his fight with morgan. If you reread it, his fight in terms of choreography is relatively similar to when luffy fights kaido when he gets the advanced conquers haki bloom. Luffy will defeat Kaido, but orochi will come up to the roof, and hold Momo hostage, which will mean luffy will have to turn his back against kaido, another parallel to oden and Kaido's fight. Kaido, taking advantage of this, will attack luffy from the back, and zoro will, in one motion, will land the finishing blow against kaido, killing him. And Luffy will punch Orochi in the face, saving Momo.

Narrative Implications:
In zoro and oden's character, their flaw is that they try to carry all of the burden, in oden's character this is noted with the burning oil, fighting ahura doji, shouldering the burden for 5 years in dancing, and fighting kaido alone on the battlefield. If someone had been with him to take care of momo, oden probably would have finished kaido then and there. Likewise, if zoro wasn't there with for luffy when coby was held at gunpoint, luffy would've been damaged badly by morgan, or coby might've been knocked out, but Luffy put his trust in zoro to split the burden and help luffy out. For zoro, you can see this flaw of shouldering the burden all by himself with staying on the cross for 30 days, taking the attack from kaido and big mom, and obviously, with the nothing happened moment, which like the 5 year dancing stuff oden did, zoro wanted no one to know what really happened. In this arc, zoro will learn to take reigns as a proper leader and know his limitations, and split the burden of taking down kaido with luffy.

Kaido:
Since kaido wants to die, people think that he actually shouldn't die because villains don't get what they want in one piece. Which would sorta make sense if that was kaido's dream, but kaido doesn't just want to die, he wants to die a grand death like roger and WB, a death that is praised by everyone and a death that kaido himself is content with. So how you deal with this is to give kaido a death that he regrets. In the flashback, kaido says he regrets what he did with the old lady about tricking oden and says he killed her, which in the context of what was going on, seemed really weird, but it showed that kaido didn't want to be dishonorable. Chekhov's gun for when he tries to use a dirty trick to his advantage, he will regret it, and die with regrets, and everyone who sees this will speak of kaido trying to use a dishonorable tactic to his advantage, which will not make his death grand at all. Tarnishing his name in the process. Also more to add to this, Kaido has been defeated plenty times before, but that hasn't stopped him from escaping jail, coming back to wano, nor has it crushed his will, so what makes it any different now if Luffy defeats him? Everyone, from the samurai, to the scabbards, Oden, Yasuie, Yamato, Zoro, Kidd, and Killer have all stated they want to kill kaido and won't be satisfied with Kaido's defeat. Plus, Kaido also wants to start the largest war, which he won't be able to participate in if he dies, and wants to find the one piece, which he also won't be able to find if he dies, so a death given to him like this would be less beneficial to him than he thinks.

This is what I have, hope you learned something by reading this. Would love to hear some disputes and even some additional points to this if anyone has any.
I liked the Narrative implications the most.

Although I disagree with all Oden parallels shit. This makes no sense to me. Because it's like, okay he has his sword fine. But that doesn't necessarily make Zoro inherit Oden's will. Oden failed, he tried and died and didn't save anyone. Luffy is an Oden inheritor in this arc.

Zoro has his own purpose to fight Kaido.

I liked the Narrative implications the most.

Although I disagree with all Oden parallels shit. This makes no sense to me. Because it's like, okay he has his sword fine. But that doesn't necessarily make Zoro inherit Oden's will. Oden failed, he tried and died and didn't save anyone. Luffy is an Oden inheritor in this arc.

Zoro has his own purpose to fight Kaido.
Yeah I understand what you mean, but I think you can't disagree the amount of parallels put onto zoro and oden, because there are a lot more parallels with those two that I didn't put in the thread.

Basically, what it means to inherit a sword from a swordsman is to inherit their will. It's no different from Luffy inheriting shank's will, and Roger's will, because he has the strawhat. A sword is the most prized possession to a swordsman, a sword bends to the user will, and is subsequently, apart of them. It's why Shiryu and zoro are seen very close to their swords. When Zoro picked up Kuina's sword, he inherited her will of becoming the strongest swordsman, while also carrying her burden.

Here it sates that the fallen's swords (oden and enma) are picked up by other samurai (in this case zoro) to finish what they couldn't finish. This is basically what inherited will is. Roger was too early for the one piece, so Luffy picked up his will to find the one piece and actually use it. It's important to state that Luffy doesn't actually know this, he is unknowingly following in Roger's footsteps, that is the purest form of inherited will, luffy isn't trying to be roger, he just is so much like roger. This is why when scabbards were talking about Oden, Zoro was the only strawhat not present, he still doesn't know anything about oden, he just unintentionally and unknowingly like oden

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Yeah I understand what you mean, but I think you can't disagree the amount of parallels put onto zoro and oden, because there are a lot more parallels with those two that I didn't put in the thread.

Basically, what it means to inherit a sword from a swordsman is to inherit their will. It's no different from Luffy inheriting shank's will, and Roger's will, because he has the strawhat. A sword is the most prized possession to a swordsman, a sword bends to the user will, and is subsequently, apart of them. It's why Shiryu and zoro are seen very close to their swords. When Zoro picked up Kuina's sword, he inherited her will of becoming the strongest swordsman, while also carrying her burden.

Here it sates that the fallen's swords (oden and enma) are picked up by other samurai (in this case zoro) to finish what they couldn't finish. This is basically what inherited will is. Roger was too early for the one piece, so Luffy picked up his will to find the one piece and actually use it. It's important to state that Luffy doesn't actually know this, he is unknowingly following in Roger's footsteps, that is the purest form of inherited will, luffy isn't trying to be roger, he just is so much like roger. This is why when scabbards were talking about Oden, Zoro was the only strawhat not present, he still doesn't know anything about oden, he just unintentionally and unknowingly like oden
I mean I get your points about the parallels between them as a story focus. I just don't accept the fact of people thinking of parallels between Oden and Zoro as if Zoro thinks about Oden as someone important to him because everyone knows Zoro doesn't give a fuck.

Wano is just another country they are in to save from tyranny.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
This could be the case. I don't want to see Zoro to "overshadowed" Luffy or Zoro killing an defeated Kaido. It will be either, Luffy punched Kaido really hard and he started to transformed into dragon form to escape and Zoro come in for the kill or Luffy defeated Kaido and he started to falling down but still conscious and Zoro jumps in and beheaded him in the sky. That's the only ways for ZKK to happens.

hehe the goat already was talking about that :D
Zoro is against King after all and he is known for being sadistic.
The goat didnt talk about hơw the drug would take effect right after the King fight dum dum.
I could give you 3 reasons why Zoro wont fall unconcious after the King fight
1. As his first mate, he has to witness Luffy defeat his first Yonkou
2. Zoro is Wano’s second most important protagonist. Aint no way he’s gonna offscreen Zoro for the rest of the arc
3. We just learn a tiny bit of Zoro’s past. Do you really think Oda is bringing it up just now so that Zoro can fall unconcious 3 chapter later?