Questions & Mysteries Will Blackbeard kill Shanks?

Will Blackbeard kill Shanks?

• Yes, Blackbeard will kill Shanks

Votes: 35 64.8%
  • No, Blackbeard will defeat Shanks but will not kill him

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • No, Blackbeard will neither kill or defeat Shanks

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
Unfair to judge the crew by 2 horny members who were beaten by a hax ability lol
Could be the weakest of the bunch anyway, it's not like Limejuice would've low diffed Hancock or something.
no Limejuice would not low diff Hancock :milaugh:
but i think Shanks crew would have handled the situation way better ,with there experience .
BB‘s crew looked overwhelmed tbh.
Vasco and Devon couldn‘t get even near Boa only BB was able to do that.

First lesson a writer learns:
When u are thinkinh to write something, thr first idea u get is trash and predictable
Now, put your self in oda's shoes, what is the first thing you'd think if u wanted to write shanks and BB ? to have BB defeat/kill him right? But thats trash and i believe oda is not that bad of a writer lol
Some clashes are just inevitable, like we know Luffy will fight Blackbeard and there's no other way around it.
Same case here, Teach inspired his jolly roger, gave him that scar, he rushed to Wb to warn him, was the only one to understand his true potential, had some trash talk in marineford, road to laughtale hinting a clash.
Blackbeard needs a final hype tool and there's pretty much no one else to be used as fuel other than Shanks. It's not necessarily bad writing, just that some plots can't be evaded.
no Limejuice would not low diff Hancock :milaugh:
but i think Shanks crew would have handled the situation way better ,with there experience .
BB‘s crew looked overwhelmed tbh.
Vasco and Devon couldn‘t get even near Boa only BB was able to do that.
BBPs is a goofy crew with rape and disfiguration tendencies, you can expect a shit ton of other gags in the future lol
But when it comes down to serious business eventually they'll have to come out on top.

First lesson a writer learns:
When u are thinkinh to write something, thr first idea u get is trash and predictable
Now, put your self in oda's shoes, what is the first thing you'd think if u wanted to write shanks and BB ? to have BB defeat/kill him right? But thats trash and i believe oda is not that bad of a writer lol
That sounds like the typical useless tip to be given in whatever cheap writing workshop, TED talk or whatever people without talent will attend to solve their utter lack of potential, and certainly not the "first lesson a writer learns". Tons of masterpieces revolve around a predictable, greatly expected idea yet that won't make them worse as a whole, and it's not unusual for authors to build a whole work around one inspired idea good enough to not be discarded but polished.

I mean, anybody could foresee Whitebeard being a good guy and ultimately dying, but it didn't make it less of a good plot when it happened. Oda has been planting seeds for the eventual clash between Blackbeard and Shanks for decades; if anything, not fulfilling them would be the problem.

I mean, anybody could foresee Whitebeard being a good guy and ultimately dying
Not at all.I remember very well back in his first introduction and later with his clash against Shanks on Moby Dick almost everyone thought that he was not your "happy go family man pirate" good guy but a neutral in best case. There were countless people believing that Luffy will fight against WB and some of them even said that Ace was hostage or whatever and couldnt leave from his crew.

Not at all.I remember very well back in his first introduction and later with his clash against Shanks on Moby Dick almost everyone thought that he was not your "happy go family man pirate" good guy but a neutral in best case. There were countless people believing that Luffy will fight against WB and some of them even said that Ace was hostage or whatever and couldnt leave from his crew.
We had WHITEbeard and BLACKbeard, the latter explicitly depicted as evil in many ways since day one, and his whole introduction is an oxymoronic declaration. Whoever believed he wasn't going to end up a good guy (not meaning a piece of sweetness here but simply not evil) dying for whatever reason had no grasp of narrative, sad to hear it was "countless people".

Legit amazed at people thinking Ace was his hostage.

Not going to vote coz this chapter has somewhat changed future events compared what us readers have thought of before.

Previously it was quite likely to see Shanks vs BB happening in the end but right now BB abducting Coby seems like Oda wants to go in a different way. This abduction is mostly going to affect Garp and if something happens to Garp than Luffy will definitely be making a move. How could this even affect Shanks is a big question
!?

i think if it is WG way of moving things by making BB abducting Coby and affecting Garp so that they could attract both Luffy and Dragon at the same time.

Imu or Goroseis all are likely to make some big moves considering how bald man states about requirements of great cleansing.

Yeah. And now with Shanks aiming for the One Piece himself, it more and more seems like Shanks won't be just fodderized in the background (could still happen though). Especially since Shanks' crew is superior to Blackbeard's too.
I think its WG who's making things like this. Garp will definitely be making a move here and WG might be wanting both father and son getting involved as well somehow (Dragon and Luffy).

The declaration of Shanks to go for OP at this moment means Oda is set to mske Luffy defeat each and every Emperor before he claims OP.

Yeah because shanks has no role to play and no plot to continue.

Once luffy meets shanks he’ll show his crew has surpassed shanks’ and have to give back the hat hence the end of straw hat luffy. That right there seems like enough reason to figure Luffys crew won’t prove themsevles to be beyond shanks’ until luffy becomes the pirate king. Easiest way to do that is to make shanks die to hype up luffys final villain before raftel, Blackbeard. basicay taking out two birds with one stone

My friend when first saw that said cant wait for luffy to kick his ass lmao

After this chapter I won’t lie I’m skeptical if the thought of prime Rayleigh had this Blackbeard scared I can only imagine what Shanks would do to him, there is still the potential of Blackbeard getting stronger still. We also don’t know what prime Ray is compared to current Shanks either but I wanna give Shanks benefit of the doubt here. I’m bracing myself for the possibility of SH’s vs RHP after BB pirates, feels more possible than it ever has before. Especially w how hyped haki is I’m leaning towards the haki based crew, Rhp crew got the best portrayal currently.

I used to be 100% behind this theory believing that Shanks will try to stop Blackbeard but fail and end up dying, which will in turn give Luffy motivation for fighting Blackbeard........but, currently I've realized that this will most likely not happen.

Shanks is being made to be this guardian/gate keeper figure of the One piece, that does not directly interfere with the PK contenders. If Shanks wanted he could've made Luffy's journey easier or taken Blackbeard out much earlier, but he hasn't and doesn't seem interested in doing so. He now wants to go after the One piece, but in truth he will just be the last stop for whoever comes for it (i.e. Luffy).

The one Blackbeard is most likely to fight is Luffy on the path to PK, which will parallel Roger vs Xebec, two Ds with opposing views of freedom fighting it out. The winner will then head on to confront Shanks prior to Imu. Another parallel between Luffy and Blackbeard is that they both left their mark on Shanks: The scar and missing arm.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Shanks will "fall" to the final villain of OP. If it is BB, then Shanks will "fall" to BB. If it is Imu, Shanks will "fall" to Imu. AFAIK, Shanks doesn’t have a clue about Imu's existence.

I use "fall" in quotation mark because once the dust settles, Oda will bring him back and say he was alive and just incapacitated when the final war was going on. Then, as the person most respected by all fractions, he will be the new custodian of the world in place of Gorosei.